xisto Community
Guevara

Google To Buy Mozilla?

Everyone has been speculating, but will Google finally make the move to purchase Mozilla's FireFox?

Some say Google is secretly developing its own browser, but why
would it? Google is a constant "plug" for FireFox and everything it offers

Since the pre-1.0 stages of FireFox, Google's Gmail - have supported (and in some cases, required) the use of Firefox. Since March 30, 2005 the Google search engine has utilized the link prefetching feature of Firefox for faster searching.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

source: juicenewsdaily

Hmm.. I still prefer my Firefox. :DReally, even if Google buys Mozilla (something that would surely rock the news out..), would that be the best option? I mean Mozilla is doing a great job in updating and developing new features for Firefox, and I don't see that is *required* that Google buys Mozilla, and with that Firefox.Now if everything would stay the same, and Google would sponsor Firefox to make it more popular than the buggy IE, then I don't have any problem with it. :P

Well, if Google does buy Mozilla, then that means that we will have a Firefox Beta for months.

Also, your link for the source does not work.

161566[/snapback]

:P Hehehe, nice one snlildude... Google did keep GMail in "beta" for a while though(wait, or is it still in beta)...

:P Hehehe, nice one snlildude... Google did keep GMail in "beta" for a while though(wait, or is it still in beta)...

161580[/snapback]

Yes it is. I just checked my Gmail Inbox, and their "Beta" logo is still there:

Posted Image

I wouldn't download and use the so-called 'G-Browser' as it would be biased towards Google. Like Micro$oft now encourage people to install the MSN toolbar, Google would probably bundle the Google toolbar into their browser. Would it conform to standards? And if so, which ones?If Google bought out Mozilla it would be a downwards spiral. What browsers would be left???

I think Google would do a great job on releasinga browser, even if it is based around their products as they have done a great job with the likes of Gmail - hopefully their main services will stay free.

Everything google offers is free so far. If they buy mozilla and make there own browser, I believe they'll charge for it. And people currently using Mozilla will(as you said) have to go to Beta Fox.

Btw, the link you posted didn't work so I got a fresh one; Juicee News. Google to Buy Mozilla?
That one should work.

Anywhoo. If google bought Mozilla so many people who be angry, I know I would! I love mozilla and google as they are. Plus, I mean google just opened up in China. CHINA GUYS! ...Hard to believe, but they did. And there stock prices SKYROCKED when they did that. I believe if they merged/bought off mozilla those stock prices would drop, just like what happened to Sears and K-mart. (K-Mart was going backrupt so Sears merged, prices went up and then dived down).

I really hope they don't buy mozilla.

i have heard of that for a long time, somebefore,google hire the programme enginner from mozilla.then i think when google give their own browser to us i think it's just like mozilla.