xisto Community
Guevara

New Yorker Style Pizza Vs. Chicago Deep Dish

New Yorker Style Pizza vs. Chicago Deep Dish  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've always thought it was interesting when cities claim to have the best pizza cos it's 'unique' to them, like the New Yorker or the Chicago Deep Dish, etc. Which one do you prefer cos I know which one I like best cos of hometown pride.

Hmm, hard decision to make which one's best. They both are pretty good :drools:. But I'ma have to go with New York style pizza. I miss that pizza :D. Pizzahut should bring that back. I'd eat it every week :9. Yummy, yummy, yummy, i want love in my tummy :P.

Heyo, I'd have to say I like new york style better. I don't like deep dish, just has to much stuff on it. Plus I don't like thick crust, I only like thin and crunchy. Papa Johns is the best. Wooho. While we're at it, what do you like on your pizza's?Pepperoni and Sausage, mmm.

this reminds me of a comic strip joke of pizza parlors alongside each other.

PIZZERIA #1: Best Pizza in New York

PIZZERIA #2: Best Pizza in the USA

PIZZERIA #3: Best Pizza in the World

PIZZERIA #4: Best Pizza in the Block

So which is really the BEST? :rolleyes:

personally and gastronomically, i don't have the preference to either, since i haven't tried any of the choices in the polls above. just geographically-distanced from where they are offered, that's why. :lol:

Your above post makes no sense, if you were not a moderator I would report your for spamming or something like that. Anyways, I would like to say SHOUT TO MY NY HOMIES..., that was really stupid. :rolleyes:

NYStyle pizza is the best, but if you want a ton of stuff on it I would go with Chicago style. But I really like both, so I'm one of those people that are stuck in the middle of decisions.

[update]

This is my 200th post! :lol:

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

Your above post makes no sense, if you were not a moderator I would report your for spamming or something like that. Anyways, I would like to say SHOUT TO MY NY HOMIES..., that was really stupid. :rolleyes:

[update]

This is my 200th post! :D

obviously, you didn't get the joke in it. ;) i should have emphasized PIZZERIA #4: Best Pizza in the Block, which cancels out the claims of the other 3 before it. :lol: which for me edifies that BEST PIZZA claims are a sham, since anybody else can claim the title. :P

If I had to choose between the two (there are so many other styles out there) I'd have to fo with new york style. Like KuBi said, Chicago style has too much stuff on it. If I had to pick any kind, it would be the kind that I make at home, from scratch. There's nothing better than homemade!

chicago style deep dish only comes w/ what you want on it.from the bottom up this is how it goes layer of crust (buttered) cheese and toppings you want about an inch to 1 and a half inch's thick another layer of crust buttered and then the sauce. unless your in chicago you have never had chicago style pizza, the stuff at jewel in the freezer section tastes nothing like it and pizza hut has never had anything that tastes anywhere close to a real pizza,let alone a chicagostyle and I'm sure they don't make a real good new yorker either.I've had the new yorker from pizza hut but I'm sure a pizza place in manhattan would flip out if you said the pizza hut version was just as good as thiers.pizza hut is to pizza as taco bell is to tacos just not the real deal.

Chicago style is the best for me! born in the windy city, deep dish is the reason I still live here =) it's more of a big dish. With sausage and lots of sauce, cheese and every topping. I don't think deep dish has too much sauce (but I normally get the everything pi...So my pizza is packed and filling). I had a regular cheese deep dish and it was okay, but if you really want to tast deep dish you have to get the everything! well that's what I think...I was born eating pizza with a knife and fork =)

Chicago style pizza is the best! I have lived in chicago for 8 years and I have lived in New York for 6 years. New york has some great pizza, but chicago style deep dish is the best pizza on earth. If your in chicago go to chicago pizza & oven grinder company, or try giordano's , ginos east, or home run inn. And keep in mind one does not have to get deep dish to eat great pizza in chicago.

Feedback

The main problem is that too many people try to compare a "deep dish" to a thin crust pizza and that's not a fair way to judge when trying to compare pizza. It's like trying to compare cookie to a pie, and sure, one could prefer a cookie or a pie or some are neutral, but the point is, they are two different things. They even have different tastes due to the why the pizza is composed.

Alot of people say that "Chicago Pizza is too much" and "Chicago Pizza uses too much sauce and it's "unnecessary." Let's get one thing straight, let's compare a cookie to a cookie. Let's compare a Chicago thin crust to a New York thin crust AND THEN make a judgment based on a few things. I've tried both Chicago and New York thin crust Pizza and Chicago is the winner in this category as a Chicago Pizza is more flavorful due to flavoring and toppings which adds to it's filling nature. However, I give New York style pizza credit because it tastes great and is MUCH more convenient than any Chicago Pizza.

All in all though, I am sick and tired of looking at a Chicago Deep Dish compared to a New York thin crust because you can't compare them and get accurate or impartial judgments.

The only thing that's clear is that most people for the most part prefer a thinner crusted pizza, in which Chicago hasn't had much of a chance to show off.

So for those of you you whom continue to say that "New York pizza is better because it's not so deep and thick," please...I'll debate you any day because Chicago has a trademark on all Pizza styles (not just the deep dish) and Italian foods. Study the deep dish...No...Study pizza.

"People don't like to eat Pizza with a fork or knife"...A Deep Dish isn't a traditional style pizza as it is a pizza "pie" and not just a regular pizza pie...It is meant to be eaten like pie. It is a primer Chicago style due to it's uniqueness, but is not the only trademarked Chicago style.

That was fun.

-reply by DJay

NY style is much better I like the crust to be crispy and there is nothing better than some peperoni on the pizza slice

This site has a list of pizzerias in nyc

pizzainny.Com

-reply by pizza lover

Chicago pizza is just OK

I have to agree that the best pizzas in America are on the east coast. New Haven is probably better than New York, which would leave Chicago's cassarole pizza in a distant third place. It's just too heavy, the crust is kind of sickening with all that butter, and the gallons of sauce makes for an acidic overkill which takes away from what makes taditional Italian style pizza great in the first place. Chicago pizza was created by a Texan as a gimmick, and it sure does taste like one. Gimme a Pepe's or Sally's pizza anyday. There are none here in Chicago who have gotten it right yet.

-reply by chitown jerry

New York style pizza vs Chicago styleNew Yorker Style Pizza Vs. Chicago Deep Dish

I totally agree with DJay. You cannot compare apples to oranges. I just loath when the rest of the world identifies Chicago's pizza as "deep dish". You might as well eat a quiche if you have to use a fork and knife to eat it. Roll up your sleeves and dig into a Chicago style thin-crust.

reply by Vickie