xisto Community
Guevara

Should We Pull Out Of Iraq?

Should we pull out of Iraq?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Iraq is not better now because the americans are there, the opposite i beleave and supose, of course i am not there so i can not be sure, but i do beleave, from what i see, fro mthe information i also have, that the americans went there to steal their preto resources, and it is evident, it is obvious, the bush family has a thing about Iraq, i do not know what it is, but i guess with almost 100 % certain that the bush father as well as the bush sun have some kind of racism against the iraquian people or hate for the iraquian people.The father started and the sun finished, i guess that says it all, i guess that says the true hate they have for the iraquian people, what else explains?!?

NO! NO! NO!It's a bad idea to pull out when we haven't finished the job. I mean, do you WANT to go through another September 11th? I hate it when idealists try to act like they know what they're talking about. I mean, if you weren't idealistic, you wouldn't besaying we should pull out.ANYWAY, we can't pull out now or else things will just revert to the way that they've been before we even got involved (you know, with the dictator and all?) And you can't say that things haven't gotten any better either, because there are people over there now who have the right to vote, and actually want americans over there.And honestly, you can't look at what NBC or ABC or CNN has to say about the war, because those are biased, antiwar, and most of all, liberal-oriented stations. My dad has been to Iraq, and he said that the news station that best gives out information is FOX news.So anyway, why can't we pull out of Iraq? Here's why:Entering a war, such as this: the second Gulf War, is like building a new building where an old one once resided.First you have to tear the building down. (Get rid of the dictator- CHECK!)Clean up the mess. (Execute the dictator, and get rid of his policies- Check, for the most part.)Start laying your foundation. (Give democracy to the people- Check for the most part.)Build your metal frame. (Build a fair and balanced parlement or government- Check, but it needs work.)That's what we've got done so far. You still have to do this to our little "building":Work on the exterior. (Better the public relations)Insulate it. (Establish a good economy)Do the interiors. (Public service)Plumbing. (Criminal Justice.)Electirical engeniring. (Fairness and freedom)And so much more.So if we pull out now, the Iraqi enviornment will implode on itself.It's just not a very good idea.

Australia, since the change in Prime Ministers from Howard to Rudd, Rudd decided to gradually pull out yet keep some of the Australian soldiers in Iraq, since he believed since the last government got themselves into this its better that they finish the job before they eventually pulled out. I would have to say the casualities on the Australian side of the war in Iraq are minimal, which is a bit lucky indeed as opposed to the other countries that were involved.

You are seriously clueless...How can you be so selfish as to say that we shouldn't be there...How can you walk on the streets with no fear and say we shouldnt be over there helping the people of iraq feel the same way..If we pull out without iraq maintaining there government then it will turn back...We NEED to finish our objectives, make sure iraq's government is stable, and then leave or Iraqies will follow us home.

Replying to Mermaid711 just one question, why would you say do you want another september 11th to happen? you do relize Iraq had nothing to do with that. Even more so we were at peace with iraq until bush came into office. I cant really say I'm for pulling out. I mean since we are there and we did bomb the **** out of them I think we should help rebuild and make a stong enough goverment. To me I see it as weigning a baby off breast feeding. The mother gives the baby less and less breat milk until the baby can drink regular milk. So in a since we should slowly pull out but not all at once. Make the county stong before we leave so nothing goes wrong. But hey I'm only 17 what do I know.-reply by manson148

Yeah, get them out.

And get them out of all other countries.

And keep them out.

If you aren't involved in other countries business, then those countries populations would have no reason to attack you.  You could reduce your defence budget and spend the money on renewable energy research and micro-farm food production research (grow your own in small spaces).

If we had renewable energy sources and food production, that could be exported to other countries and solve issues such as starvation etc.

The struggle to survive is a driving factor in wars.  Make the struggle a bit easier, and you eventually don't need an army at all.

No we shouldn't have gone into iraq in the first place but if we leave now we leave them unstable, weak and surrounded by countries that have nuclear war heads and could take them out with the simplest of ease

Iraq PulloutShould We Pull Out Of Iraq?

There is absolutely no way that we could pull out now if we did all that we have worked for would be diminished to rubble, Yeah we probably shouldn't have gone into iraq in the first place but you can't just tear a country's political system down and then leave without completely repairing it that would only make it an entire region of chaos. What about all the support we promised them if we just leave will anyone be able to trust us to be are allies or will they just think "wait, what was it they did to iraq? Oh yeah the promised them protection but then just got up and left when they needed it the most" Just pull out but the next time we need help from someone don't come crying to me cause they won't give it to ya Mr. Obama

-reply by Martizzelini

Replying to iGuestIs it really our responsibility to make sure that they can do that? I mean we may be selfish but that is how our whole country started. We have to be selfish to protect ourselves. If we had been selfish in the first place we wouldn't have been there. We wouldn't have gone over there in the first place if we would've just kept our "hands to ourselves" and not been so concerned with their country.-reply by Lori