xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Everquest Forum Banner your critique

I am more comfortable with myself and with this forum members to bare myself and open to constructive critiques.

Back in June 3rd, 2004, on the request of a friend of mine, I created the following banner for his Everquest II forum. Although he hasn't said much about my put-together banner, I am still curious to how well my attempt was. For those who are critiquing my work please don't hold back. I cannot place a copyright for this image since almost all of it came from other copyrighted images. However, it still is my creation and should be respected accordingly.

For your consideration:

Posted Image

Additional note: the boarders were created separately to reduce the loading time. The current forum's boarder is 2 pixel by 10 pixel in beveled like black boarder that wraps around this banner.

It's quite good BuffaloHelp. The items are nicely placed, and nothing seems overly imposing. I was just wondering what that streak next to the girl was? - like a sky streak or something?To be nitpicky, the left side is a bit heavier, with the render, and the text really should be in the centre.

It's quite good BuffaloHelp. The items are nicely placed, and nothing seems overly imposing. I was just wondering what that streak next to the girl was? - like a sky streak or something?

To be nitpicky, the left side is a bit heavier, with the render, and the text really should be in the centre.

160783[/snapback]

What Freaker said, basically.

Looks very nice BH. You should do sigs. :P (I say that to everyone, but really though, you should.)

Anyway, yeah, that streak almost looks like an island...it's like...weirdish.

And CF (hm...I abbreviate everyone's name, don't I?) has a point about the balance...maybe if the woman were a little more towards the center, it'd look even better.

But yeah, awesome job. ^-^

I was just wondering what that streak next to the girl was? - like a sky streak or something?

160783[/snapback]

The background is a picture of a horizon. The "streak" by her hand is an island among the body of water. The diagonal streak is actually a planet or a moon with debris orbiting around it. Now that I look at it, I think I compressed down without keeping the aspect ratio.

I was deliberately going for the off centered look. At the time of my inspiration, so many banners were so symmetrical that I went for the different look. I wanted to make a statement that the forum that which has this banner is not your average forum.

The background is a picture of a horizon. The "streak" by her hand is an island among the body of water. The diagonal streak is actually a planet or a moon with debris orbiting around it. Now that I look at it, I think I compressed down without keeping the aspect ratio.

I was deliberately going for the off centered look. At the time of my inspiration, so many banners were so symmetrical that I went for the different look. I wanted to make a statement that the forum that which has this banner is not your average forum.

160930[/snapback]

Ah. I see. Very interesting. ^-^

and the text really should be in the centre.

160783[/snapback]

I don't think the text should be centered. I believe Buffalo placed it there to match with the ocean...or whatever. Hard to explain.

(hm...I abbreviate everyone's name, don't I?)

160797[/snapback]

You don't abbreviate mine.

By the way, Buffalo, I like it a lot. I like how you blended the chesty woman in with the background, and I like the side borders.

9/10

I don't think the text should be centered. I believe Buffalo placed it there to match with the ocean...or whatever. Hard to explain.

You don't abbreviate mine.

By the way, Buffalo, I like it a lot. I like how you blended the chesty woman in with the background, and I like the side borders.

9/10

161075[/snapback]

Haha, you said "chesty." :P

I call you Nguyen. That's shorter at least.

I could call you SNLD.

Yeah its a very good banner i think. It looks very good and is easy to see and not to cluttered. The only things i would have changed would have been the stick that the enchanter is hold i would have removed it and the along with all the other changes is the background in that corner. I just would have left the ocean. Besides that great banner.

the banners nice but i'm just assuming here that you didn't draw, you just put it together. Please correct me if wrong. I would like to know how many people actually try and draw these banners.round