xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ckuehner

Forum Users Age What is the average Forum Users age?

I am feeling a little old around here lately.FYI - I am 38 years old, yep, pretty ancient apparently.Anyway, I do find it entertaining to read posts and comment on topics that are written by 14 to 17 year old kids. Entertaining because after 38 years, there isn't a whole lot that I haven't seen or done, and to see these things from a fresh perspective of someone who hasn't seen it all is quite refreshing.Quite a few of you seem to have your stuff together pretty well. A lot of you are well spoken and use proper grammer when writing posts. However, some of you appear to be absolutely clueless, and couldn't form a proper sentance to save your life. (Trust me... proper grammer is important... how you express yourself when writing is quite often how the rest of the world percieves you)What I would like to know is what the average age of the members of this forum. I am just curious.

What I would have done is include a poll for members to vote without divulging one's name. Perhaps creating an age bracket would be better.

For example:

10 and below

between 11 and 15

between 16 and 20

between 21 and 25

between 26 and 30

between 31 and 35

between 36 and 40

40 and higher

...well you get the idea.

I am in list #6 range.

Edit: ha ha ha, picked older than my age group.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I'm 14, and I used to not really care about my spelling, grammar and typing, but lately I've started paying more attention to what I type/say, because i realised how annoying bad typing can be, plus when applying for a job I'm guessing bad grammar does not have a good effect o.O.I still don't have perfect grammar/spelling, but better than I used to be, unless its just me talking to friends on AIM, then nobody really cares.

For example:

10 and below

between 11 and 15

between 16 and 20

between 21 and 25

between 26 and 30

between 31 and 35

between 36 and 40

40 and higher

...well you get the idea.

I am guessing from the suggested list that once you reach 40... it is all downhill from there?

Just kidding... (I hope)... I will be there in a couple of years. :P

I'm 15 years old. Meh, seeing how old you are I now feel young. I mind how I type, I don't like offending people with horrible grammar, word useage and such. Plus I'm a computer nerd so it's kinda how I type. Even on AIM, I always use grammar.

I'm 14, and I used to not really care about my spelling, grammar and typing, but lately I've started paying more attention to what I type/say, because i realised how annoying bad typing can be, plus when applying for a job I'm guessing bad grammar does not have a good effect o.O.

I still don't have perfect grammar/spelling, but better than I used to be, unless its just me talking to friends on AIM, then nobody really cares.

160760[/snapback]

Im 16... Im guessing most of the people on the forums are around that age as well... just because its a free webhosting service, so usually itll be people between 13-18 because of the job kind of thing and credit cards sort of thing.

I am guessing from the suggested list that once you reach 40... it is all downhill from there?

160762[/snapback]

Well for one, I was tired of typing all that. And two, isn't there a saying, "you turn 20, you make it to 30, you hit 40, you roll to 50 and you reach for 60" :P

When you look at the metaphor, it's like a rollercoaster--40 is the very top right before the rolling down towards 50. HA HA! Anyhow, I rather be older and wiser than young and fearless...

Well for one, I was tired of typing all that. And two, isn't there a saying, "you turn 20, you make it to 30, you hit 40, you roll to 50 and you reach for 60" :P

When you look at the metaphor, it's like a rollercoaster--40 is the very top right before the rolling down towards 50. HA HA! Anyhow, I rather be older and wiser than young and fearless...

160766[/snapback]

lol thats pretty funny, but i doubt ill make it to even 30, im joining the marines at 18... going to be in infantry... i just hope i end up getting shot in the head if i die not get held captive and get rapped and that sort of stuff...

my friends are so against me going to the marines, oh well :/

Krem, I have the money for it, and I have a CC, but I'd rather just use this for now, much easyer.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Off topic! Stay within the topic description.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I'm moving on 26 plus and its great to be here. When it comes to web age doesn't seem to matter much. In fact, what counts really is skill and talent. But I find difficult to digest 10 years younger than me is beating me in many spheres.. hehe.. However, old is gold too. All those who are in their teens will not remain there, each year they are adding up one year to their ages and will come to our age too after some years. If they learn more this time they will become a more expert elders later on. Cheers!

lol thats pretty funny, but i doubt ill make it to even 30, im joining the marines at 18... going to be in infantry... i just hope i end up getting shot in the head if i die not get held captive and get rapped and that sort of stuff...

my friends are so against me going to the marines, oh well

Why are you doing this? Can you not get out of it? Your post makes me really sad .... I mean I know that someone has got to go into the forces to "protect & serve" ... (is that the phrase?), but God you're so young .... I wish you all the luck in the world flower .... take good care of yourself .... XX ~M~