xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guevara

Which Do You Prefer Amd Or Intel?

Which do you prefer AMD or Intel??  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well i heard good things on amd, but with new hardware system in which i can't think of the stupid name, but it makes it easier to connect wireless easier i guess, unless that is what im talking about. i have to look it up now.but yeah intel is the way to go since you can do some heavy customizing and not get any problems out of it when you do it right.

I have been using AMD, and loving it over the Intel processors I used to use. While I still use PhotoShop and use encoders to make music and DVDs, I don't do those nearly as much as I do the things AMD processors are good at, Gaming and Programming.

I prefer Intel. I dont' know if I have my facts straight, but I think Intel is more stable and gives off less heat.Well, maybe if I'm brave enought to mess with overclocking, maybe one day, i'll try AMD and save a buck or two.One more plus for intel. I always seem to connect intel with microsoft, Are they same branches of a company or working together or something, anyone knows?

I've basically stuck to Intel throughout the years as AMD hasn't been as popular as Intel over here, making it rather unavailable. guess it has to do with marketing...microsoft.i have heard from my friends though that AMD has faster processors and it's prices are obviously more competitive!i know that a lot of people have problems with their AMD's overheating, especially people who custom build them. this has to do with the cooling system needed for an AMD processors. i read that generally they should have at least 3 fans in the box, providing ample cooling for the unit. now they've come up with the super coolent fan which only requires one and you give it a coolent injectant once evry 6 months or so to keep it in tip top shape.i'd have to say in my personal opinion that both are pretty comprable--just depends on what you do with them and how you load them.

Definately Intel. Purely because I have an Intel Centrino based laptop and it is so cool, no regrets and apparently the AMD laptop technolody isn't nearly as efficient as the intel. I could be wrong, it's just what I've heard.

My first computer was an IBM with a Intel 286 processor, then i had a Pentium 133MHZ, later a AMD k6 -3 450MHZ because AMD cost 50% less than Intel, and since this time i saw that the technology of AMD beats INTEL so I bought the AMD thinderbird of 1ghz, and then Athlon XP 1.8GHZ, but today's i want to buy low price laptop and INTEL have better options than AMD, for example in the Pentium M is a very good mobile processor, I know that the AMD Turion is better but it is more expensive too.kservice

Intel does seem to have better laptop technology, not only that but generally better mobile cpus which include the PDA cpus. They are completely dominating the mobile market with and I think they have close to 90% market share.Their better power management is also why Apple chose to switch to Intel CPUs from the IBM PowerPC CPUs.On desktop systems however, AMD's Althon series are more efficient. AMD can basically keep up with Intel CPUs that run at nearly twice the speed! That alone shows how advanced the Athlon architecture is. I find it odd that they don't do so good in the mobile market which has grown just as big as the desktop market.

Hi dudesd,ok i perfer AMD from a power perspective. Intel they are rippys, in teh news latley AMD sused Intel for briobing asian markets basically, because Intel hasn't had any new breakthroughs in teh personall PC procsssor indeustry, for god sakes they are still with Pentium 4, when they hooped from 1 to 2 to 3 in like 3 years.AMD on teh other had has made teh first 64 bit procssocr, even thought the computing world was NOT ready for it as, software wheren 't 64bit, after that Microsoft came out with an 64 bit version of windows whern they can do better but....Intel is ok for most but don't get AMD unless you are going to teh top of teh AMD line other wiswe stick with IBNTEL.yeap,jerryjmna

I prefer Intel. All my family's computers have had Intel processors and at least 2 of them are still working fine and they're 7 and 5 years old. We had an older one than that but we sold it so I don't know how it's still going, but the 2 we still have are great. However, I have a friend who has just recently been having trouble with his computer running on an AMD processor and it's only about 1 year old. So, yeah...I will say Intel because just from that, I think they are more reliable.I also hear that AMD give off more heat than Intel processors, and so require more fans or something to cool them. So, that's another reason why I choose Intel...they're more efficient.

The reputation that Intel presents is amazing...Their Pentium Line-up is the most powerful ever...having recently purchased a new computer, my computer comes with an Intel Pentium D Processor with 3.2 Gigahertz Processor and 1.5 Gigabytes of memory and 300 Gigabytes of storage...but of course, this computer wasn't cheap! AMD is of a cheaper, more family-friendly group, allowing people with poor income to purchase. Not to say that AMD is worse than Intel, they get just as much money as Intel, but they sell more chips. Their chips are less quality, so it doesn't cost so much to make, reproduce and manufacture them.

But, that's just my view on Intel and AMD...

Stephen

I prefer Intel, even thought they limit you on overclocking.........I have an intel mobo, and an intel CPU........for my custom built gaming rig (although at only 6 months old it's already outdated lol....which is why im buying some new parts over the next few weeks)

anyway tell me what you think!!!

160459[/snapback]

I have to agree with the gamers here. Intel, from what I've been told (never used AMD, myself), is better for gaming, whether it be due to their processor builds themselves, or due to game optimization for certain Intel chips. Since I don't run servers or anything like that, I've never had a reason to try anything besides Intel, and I don't plan to, either, since it's walys worked very well for me (although the Intel CPU fans are weak and loud).