xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guevara

Which Do You Prefer Amd Or Intel?

Which do you prefer AMD or Intel??  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Intel definitely. Although AMD has been marketing on their high instruction per cycle feature, their more efficient use of power and their being the pioneer in affordable 64 bit CPU, AMD?s CPU fail to deliver what a good CPU should deliver, a large clock time and a good RAM bandwidth. AMD?s CPU generally outperforms Intel?s in terms of floating point and computing power, but when high clock frequency is needed, e.g. during movie compression, AMD?s CPUs generally become much slower. Its limitation on on-chip cache is also preventing its CPU from getting a higher performance. Although AMD?s FX series has been the gamer choice for many years, with support from nVidia highend chipset and SLI, these advantages are not very marked when the price is considered. When you talk about mobile CPUs, then AMD?s market share is even smaller. I don?t know why AMD has not been in the mobile market for so long and I think the reason is that they are not able to produce CPUs with a large amount of cache. Intel?s mobile CPUs generally has a slower clock frequency but owes to its size of cache, their CPUs are usable in low-voltage environment. This is something that AMD should work hard on. Also, I don?t like AMD labeling of CPU using CPU benchmarks instead of clock time, FSB and Cache. CPU benchmarks are very vague thing, with different benchmarks giving conflicting results. On the other hand, clock speed and FSB are more objective readings of performance of CPUS. There is no reason why AMD is afraid of competing with Intel on this front.

I also use amd, they are far cheaper then intel with the the equal amount of performance and speed. Even if amd can't be overclocked very well, i wouldn't overclock it because i'm satified with the speed that im getting from amd

I'm using an AMD Athlon XP, wich has been working perfectly for more than three years. Yet, I have found while asking other people that Intel endures more, but they're really more expensive. As some say about AMD, they are gaining on popularity and so far, are a serious competitor.

AMD, First reason: Is cheaper than Intel.. (huge diference between prices in my country)And 2nd: if you are going to buy Intel, you are going to pay the Intel logo sticker, thats all the diference..... The rest is the same quality and performance.... AMD works really good for me and I recommended it ti everyone to have a reliable computer. AMD rockz!:lol: