xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bazzu

Disabling The Right Click On Windows Xp Admin Tutorials Needed

I remember being in school trying to access certain setting's but the school had put a lock on them. I was hoping anybody would have tutorials with widows xp explaining how to disable right click etc.Thanks very much

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Enter more descriptive topic title. "Windows XP" does not help with people's interest. Edited topic title.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Well, if you're doing this on a site, it can be very annoying. If you're trying to prevent images or script from being stolen, just know that there are many ways around right clicking.Could you clarify please? I think that either way, you yourself are not going to enjoy the results.

Well, if you're doing this on a site, it can be very annoying. If you're trying to prevent images or script from being stolen, just know that there are many ways around right clicking.

Could you clarify please? I think that either way, you yourself are not going to enjoy the results.

159979[/snapback]

No, he wants to do this on Windows XP so that when you right click on your desktop an alert comes up saying something like The operator has cancelled this due to effects on the system administrator

About your tutorial, is this what your after? To open the registry go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\regedt32.exe

Disabling right click in Win XP? I trust, you are thinking about disabled right click in start menu? I once locked my own start menu with one trial programme and I could'n get rid of it. These functions are available in services settings - Right click My computer in Start menu and click Manage and then look at services. But be careful befor you disable any important win services... B) You migth lose your comp. :P

Bazzu, maybe when you tried to access the system properties (via the right-click on the desktop) you were dissallowed to access it because the system administor hasn't given authority to do so. It's a school computer and therefore it is obvious that it will be behind a network; and the only way you could enable that is if you have access to the Admin computer.

I didn't even know you could do this. Sounds interesting, but why do you need to do that? Is it for like a computer lab or your home computer?? :P