xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cse-icons

Multiple Explosions Rock London Blasts in London

This is terrible news. When people are trying to sort out peace and aid for developing countries, what reason is there to terrorise and kill innocent people? If this is to do with the G8 Summit, why London, hundreds of miles away, in a different country from the conference? Surely if they were intent on disrupting it they would have tried to get as close as possible? Some information has been released by numerous people concerning traffic and the safety of people and I will try to summarise it here.

Traffic: Unless travelling is absolutely necessary, under no circumstances should you enter or go anywhere near London. Not only is this for safety reasons, but to avoid huge traffic problems with people rushing to see relatives or friends that may be involved.

Telephones: Many mobile networks are running at full capacity and currently have very poor signal and quality for voice conversations. Some text messages are getting through, but some are broken or contain errors. It will be a while before the traffic on the networks decreases and normal services are resumed.

I offer my condolences to all involved in some way with these attacks.

its funny i been reading stuff on the net the terror group Hamas said it was bad that this happen yeah right they are just mad cuz they didn't get the chance to do it themselves. but knowing how terror groups work i bet they had someone in on it. 40 dead 700 wounded thats latest its being reported. i say nuke the middle east its not like we are after the oil there anyways.but its just sad that people think killing is the only answer now. hmmm maybe Nostradamus is right on the 3rd evil "will come in a blue turban but then he finishes saying any enemy will become an ally after 20 years". yeah like that will ever happen, we have so many enemies around the world that the rate everyone is spending money to fight this the world will be bankrupt and a world depression could happen.

I agree! I think we hould frickin nuke all of them...I'm all for peace, but they deserve to die. I mean whats next? Japan? The terrorists just won't stop til one of us is dead. Isay it should be them.

ok, since some people in here seem to lose contact to reality I've gotta repeat this message:what the heck do you think? "those people in the Middle East deserve to die" like in "they deserve to die because they're still trying to survive where they've been born? Most people in the Middle East don't even know how to live through the next freakin' month while people in the so-called "western world" [named so by famous politicians and news corporations] wonder how to kill them.Remember - people from the USA and Europe and some other nations rape, torture and murder civilians in the Iraq every single day, again and again, and attacks against those who are there to do so didn't convince them to leave - so it was more than about time to give a third strike to places where those who are responsible for these deeds feel like they're safe. Three names for you two: New York - Madrid - London. Remember what they stand for and remember what happened to them. None of this would have happened if we'd give people from outside a decent treatment instead of sweatshops or state-sponsored torture. Most of this would have happened later if some nation hadn't given billions of dollars, training and weapons to a guy named Osama bin Laden.Your freaky attitude is party responsible for what happened and the world would be better off if North America and North/West Europe would be nuked instead of the Middle East...

i hope the person/people responsible gets caught and i hope they bring back the death penalty just for these people, unless it was a suicide bomber.I dont know how someone could take someone elses life with no remorse, all terrorists should be put to death without trial in my opinion.

this is really a sad news to hear ... why the hell on earth does this kind of people exist ? I hope that the person behind this serial bombing is caught ... and hope that no more things like this happens in the future ... god bless everyone .. i would like to pay my deepest condolence to the victim's family and victims ..

This afternoon, I awoke (I stayed up late) and began casually flipping through the channels on my television. I usually go to CNN first to catch up on world and national current events. This is the story that was being reported.My thoughts and sympathies go out to those affected by this attack on London, as well the people of England in general. Once you have encountered an attack so close to home, you temporarily lose that warm sense of security you once had. Eventually, you will regain it; and hopefully those responsible will pay for their cowardish and pitiful attempts at conveying a completely wrong and hateful message.I was in London two years ago, as well as a few other countries scattered throughout Europe. I am thankful that I was able to return home without my life being threatened, and I am very sad to learn today that many people have suffered for a cause that the civilized people of this world do not support.Again, my condolences.

My thoughts on terrorism, appologists, those who would exterminate muslims, and other extremists. Ok There have been a rise in terrorist attacks against the "western world" by muslim extremists. Reaction to this seems to be far reaching, I don't know if it is just that moderates are just stearing clear of the topic or what, but the only views I seem to hear are those from people saying that it is all the fault of foreign policy, or all because all muslims are evil. I will not go so far as to say these people are as bad as terrorists, but I will say that they (on both sides) are not making things any better. A mission to wipe out all muslims would NOT stop terrorism, just as appeasing muslim extremists would NOT stop terrorism.Yes the US, UK, EU, and even Canada, has had piss poor foriegn policies, particularly when it comes to the Middle East, and yes the US did train Osama bin Laden and his troops to fight against the USSR, and yes the war on Iraq has been unfair and unjust possibly even illegal. None of that justifies terrorism. The terrorists should be hunted down, justice should be done. The flawed foriegn policies are in place because of misguided attempts to help, I honestly believe that the US and the entire western world only wants what is best for the entire world, but you know what they say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".Yes the Terroists are evil people, as are the Muslim EXTREMIST groups that preach the hatred that can be interpreted from the Qu'aan. This does not mean that all muslims are evil, nor that the religion is any more flawed than any other religion out thier, nor does it mean that it is any less tolerant of any other religion. Remeber the Bible is VERY intolerant of other religions, and of women and children, you doubt it, read the bible with an open mind and try to judge it harshly, there are several passages that anyone can grab at random to justify violence. Most holy documents from almost every faith have some very questionable passages in them, but most people choose not to focus on them, as most muslims do not focus on the "kill all infidels" type passages from thier scriptures. Nuking the middle east will not solve anything, nor will backing out of Iraq now and staying out of affairs in the middle east. The ONLY thing that can bring peace is to get everyone talking. Weapons NEVER end war and violence, only talking rationally with your enemy can peace be achieved.Remember everything stated here is my own opinion, I don't claim to have all the answers, and feel free to ignore my entire message, but it is what I believe to be truth.My thoughts are with "the other" London.(I am from London Ontario, that is why I refered to London, UK as "the other" London).

it is realy sad to hear the news first...i do detest the damnable terrorist who make so many bored multiple explosions in peace period,especially happened when 8 nations solving Africa poor problem and celebrating for 2012 olympic game hold in London.we peace lovers are firmly against terrorism...

I feel so sorry for all the people affected by this event, it makes me feel sick that these people would do such a thing!

My thoughts and sympathies go out to those affected by this attack on London, as well the people of England in general.

Again, my condolences.

I'm sure that most Britains welcome your comments .... personally I find them really comforting .... so thank you ..... most of us have family or friends who live in London and yesterday's events were very stressful for all of us ....

I agree! I think we hould frickin nuke all of them...I'm all for peace, but they deserve to die. I mean whats next? Japan? The terrorists just won't stop til one of us is dead. Isay it should be them.

Your freaky attitude is party responsible for what happened and the world would be better off if North America and North/West Europe would be nuked instead of the Middle East...

While we all feel great anger towards the nut jobs who performed these atrocities, I'm afraid the comments above just fan the flames of fanaticism .... you cannot deal with violence with violence .... the only thing that's proven to be effective in these situations is peaceful dialogue .... anger is an indulgence ....

Posted Image

I've noticed that the image above has been used on other posts and I feel it's in poor taste and certainly a misrepresentation of the work of the police involved in yesterdays tragedy in London .... so don't disrespect our police force please and donÂt be so quick to judge them .... they're at the frontline of situations that are horrific and traumatising ....

Posted Image

Posted Image

.... and yeah, they do "serve and protect" ....

ok, to minimize the damage done by an unfortunate misunderstanding:The image Milovoriel thinks does not fit into this thread does not show a cop from London, yesterday but a cop from a village near Gleneagles, the day before yesterday, when a group of about 15 non-violent protestors tried to get over one of the fences surrounding the G8 conference centre at a place where a group of 5 regular cops guarded it. As you might see, the police officer in the middle is not in immediate danger but still has his baton at hand and threatens a journalist. For those who never had contact to one: batons hurt, especially when you're hit on the head (forbidden in Germany, happens way too often to be called accidents but unfortunately pictures of this are a rarity).I know just as well as you might know that the average police officer isn't too friendly but far from rude when you meet one in the streets and don't behave too bad - but when they're in groups and you're part of an unarmed, non-violent, uncomfortable minority it's sometimes hard to stand against their attacks. This is not a problem specific to german, british, american, australian or any other nation's cops but specific to police units being used against groups who might start a street fight - sometimes we don't even have to start it and a group of riot cops comes rushing in without anyone knowing why...... the other pics shown here show police officers who're doing something else than crowd controlling. In these cases it's way less likely that anyone's going to throw anything at anything because no sane person supports violence against human beings. By the way, there are rumors that some members of the Anarchist Black Cross were around as well. Does first aid fit into the common view of Anarchists? It does just as much as the image of cops who are more violent than they have to does...

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

ok, to minimize the damage done by an unfortunate misunderstanding:

The image Milovoriel thinks does not fit into this thread does not show a cop from London, yesterday but a cop from a village near Gleneagles, the day before yesterday, when a group of about 15 non-violent protestors tried to get over one of the fences surrounding the G8 conference centre at a place where a group of 5 regular cops guarded it.

So then you agree that the image in question was pretty inappropriate in this thread? Great ....

I know that my next comments are off the track of this thread, but if you could indulge me a little as I feel I'd like to address the issue raised by the post above .... I live in the Edinburgh area and I can tell you right now that the majority of the local general public give full support to the police as we had to witness first hand the disgraceful behaviour of a loathsome few .... it's a damn shame that the peaceful protest by most of the demonstrators was corrupted by a few neolithic morons out to cause as much trouble as possible, mainly directed at the police, who should surely be allowed to defend themselves while maintaining public order?

can I add that the majority of those morons were not Scottish .... and from what we've been led to believe, not part of the organised protest march ....

If the protesters at Gleneagles were pushing the boundaries then the police again, have the right to defend themselves and protect the area around the G8 summit. If however, the police were using unnecessay force, then their behaviour is reprehensible and they should be brought to account for it ....

anyway .... nough said .... I've veered way off track ..... oops!

yes, I agree with your position on the picture discussed being displayed in this thread. I also agree with your position on the "morons" (well, we could discuss the name you've given them but that would be way off-topic and actually, most of them are just this) since it's usually possible to get past police lines without any of those breaking through having to use violence [except for when it's necessary to give out a punch or something in order to get out of a cop's grip - don't worry, around my places the cops are dressed in helmet and full body armor when rounding up people], though the police will usually use water cannons, batons and chemical weapons in order to stop the mob. One more thing about the violence: Stones, glass bottles etc usually are of no use against a line of riot cops - they've got armor, tanks medics and backup units. To achieve any effect at all, you've either got to use paint eggs [yep, eggs filled with paint], which don't hurt any of the cops but leave nice marks on the tanks (which I do support) or something like molotov cocktails (which I condemn 'cause even cops are human beings)...so I think we generally agree on the basic view that violence is bad/unnecessary and that even cops make mistakes. Let's leave it at that and get back to topic...(btw I just noticed the "Enable signature"-checkbox, I'll ask a mod to disable my signature in this thread)

Notice from Rejected:
Signature disabled. Psst, Johhny you forgot to do it
Edited by rejected (see edit history)

Very very sad. All we can do is trying to continue with our lives... it?s hard even when you are far away from there. We suffered something similar in Spain last year and it?s frustrating.Lets hope the dead numbers don?t raise too much in the next hours, there are lots of people in hospitals.

sorry guys and gals but I'll have to bring this back up again.

I've just discovered an article about a person who survived sitting near one of the bombs when it went off. This is about what he says about the bomb:

[...]

"The policeman said 'mind that hole, that's where the bomb was'. The metal was pushed upwards as if the bomb was underneath the train. They seem to think the bomb was left in a bag, but I don't remember anybody being where the bomb was, or any bag," he said.

[...]

-> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

well, we'll see what the investigation results are but keep in mind that we're talking about an eye-witness' report (and there should be at least one police officer who might be able to confirm this story though I don't think he'll do this or even be allowed to).

I just hope the result doesn't say "intelligence failed" (9/11/2001 -- attacks were expected, others knew about the hijacked planes, others believed they were part of a wargame involving hijacked planes) or "high level-police and secret service were involved" (11/3/2004 -- members of the secret service provided explosives and detonators, high-ranked people in the police provided logistical support)...

oh, and before I forget: I found this picture of the tube Mr Lait was on on the BBC website:

Posted Image

The ABC pictures also showed the damage to the train between Liverpool Street and Aldgate Tube stations. Eight people were killed in the attack, one of four on 7 July.

-> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/4722775.stm (pic 4 of 9)

I couldn't make out much yet but maybe someone can identify anything that might fit to the theory of the bomb having been beneath the train?