xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Hardest Game of all time

Ha ha, I think the hardest games of all time have been on Nintendo Entertainment System or Famicom Disk System.For computer games, I think the hardest game i've played is Return to Castle Wolfenstein on the "Nightmare" difficulty level. <_<

the hardest game of all time

Hardest Game of all time

There are alot of hard games out there. Ninja Gaiden Black on 360 is the hardest NEW game. But the hardest game of all time is definatley the original arcade Donkey Kong. Only 3 people have reached the Kill Screen on the 23rd frame. Its hard, like nipples on a blind lesbian in a fish market.

-reply by Bomba

hardest game NOT ffx

Hardest Game of all time

There are way harder games than ffx, try beating ffvii 100% (the actual game isn't that hard but emerald and ruby weapons are rediculous). Also try metal slug series on one credit, kickles cubicle (NES, not sure w/spelling), or any of the aero fighters. 2D side scrollers (like metal slug) are generally far harder than other types, typically because the amount of timing and foresight in executing jumping(don't confuse this with platformers (mario types). Shinobi for ps2 was also VERY difficult.

-reply by mike

Well the reason it was hard game to beat because of hte last level, and that maze granted thanks to an emulator, a image of that maze, I finally beat the game a few years ago. The problem with Nintendo games is that there was no way to save the game for most of them. Granted they introduced passwords, and early forms of gaming saving techniques, but now if you get yourself a nice emulator, you can save all you want now, just have ot be able to master the controls on your computer in order to beat some of these games now.

The hardest games not mentioned

Hardest Game of all time

I don't stand a chance against these:

God hand

God of war 2(titan difficulty only)

I wanna be the guy (IWBTG)

Things I've beaten(just for reference)

Battletoads(and beaten it without warps once)

Cave Story(Ballos and all...)

Mega Man 2(hard difficulty)

Super Mario Bros and Final Fantasy X(lol)

Gradius

TMNT(you know, the killer seaweed is not even remotely hard compared to the final level)

-reply by SSJPunk

According to me the hardest game was for me god of war. Its a game on playstation and i finished it in 6 months after grueling hours of playing it. I played it day long. I hated the tapping part that came because i was not so good in tapping. After all it is a game that needs alot of brain to complete all the mazes.

I haven't exactly played any games older than GBC (Gameboy Color) and I must say that games appear to be growing more and more easier with every passing year. I notice how some people may have said that Final Fantasy X was a hard game. In my opinion, FFX in comparison to the older FFIV (not EasyGame) was extremely easy. Oh, did I mention that a lot of games are getting shorter as well?At least it compensates by giving us improved sounds, gameplay and graphics...I always found the Metal Gear Solid games extremely hard for some reason, it's either just me or the controls are wonky.

The hardest games not mentioned

Hardest Game of all time

I don't stand a chance against these:

God hand

I love God hand, was a fairly difficult game especially the end boss took me a while but I eventually beat it.

Final Fantasy X isn't really a difficult RPG, more time consuming. The hidden bosses on FFVII were easy once you mastered mime materias you could loop your attacks continously or use a summon likes knights of the round over and over. The Ultima games were mentioned in this thread earlier I would say in comparison they're alot harder to any of the FF series, I can't remember completing a single one of them. I had a game on the Amiga where you'd wander around a dungeon in sort of a windowed 1st person mode I'm racking my brain trying to think of its name cos that was another one no matter how hard I tried I couldn't beat it.

The hardest game of all time though for me has to be Jet Set Willy, closely followed by Ghosts & Goblins. I tried so hard to complete JSW but the games so damn unforgiving if you misjudge a jump by a micro-fraction you're toast :P

Edited by SiUK (see edit history)

CoD 4 on veteran, or I wanna be the guy. Man I wanna be the guy is so unforgivingly hard. CoD 4 veteran is like real life you take 2 bullets dead, whos gonna win you or 40+ guys?