xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

Questions About Hosting guests, post your questions here

I don't think this has been posted before but if guests have any questions about the hosting post them here and some people will happily answer them :unsure:

Notice from snlildude87:
cmatcmextra, Topic Title and Topic Description are very important. Please fill out both fields on your next thread.
Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

Hi, just a couple of quick questions:- is image hotlinking allowed? Like when I post in a forum and want to show a small picture from the hosted site, will it work?- what file format can be hosted? Is zip files allowed?Thanks! :D

is image hotlinking allowed? Like when I post in a forum and want to show a small picture from the hosted site, will it work?

Yes. But if you want to you can turn it off for your website's control panel.

what file format can be hosted? Is zip files allowed?

All file formats are allowed so long as the files are legal and the files are not or do not contain spware, adware, viruses or malware of any sort.

I'm not understanding this. I have not a clue where to start. Am I suppose to register and then start posting? I've read all the ToS, and the help pages but I can't find where I am suppose to start. I don't want to register when I could be doing it wrongly. Can someone help me out please. I've been searching through this site for the last hour and a half and I can't find anything to help me out. :D

There is no wrong way to register :D. There link to register is at the top of the page.Steps to becoming a good member!1) Register. Don't forget your password!2) Login3) Find a topic that interests you and make a good, QUALITY post in it.4) If you can't find a topic you like, make one in the CORRECT section.5) Don't spam. Make posts that are longer then 1 line. If you can't, try.6) Don't make topics that already exist. Use the search button to try and find a topic if you're not sure.7) Only post a hosting request once you have either 10 credits, or 30(in between or more is fine).8) Hosting requests take 2-3 days to be accepted or denied.9) Maintain a suffitiant amout of credits, preferably, over 10.10) Have fun.Hope this helps :D.

I'm not understanding this.  I have not a clue where to start.  Am I suppose to register and then start posting?  I've read all the ToS, and the help pages but I can't find where I am suppose to start.  I don't want to register when I could be doing it wrongly.  Can someone help me out please.  I've been searching through this site for the last hour and a half and I can't find anything to help me out. :D

168344[/snapback]

OK you have to register to the forum and then every time you post you wil be credits from .89 to 2points or even 5points depending on how long or helpful your post was.30credits will get you 150mbs and 5000mb bandwidth and 10credits will only get you 20mb's with 500bandwidth which is not much.once you get your credits to 30 which will take about 2days or you probly can get it there on the same day without spamming.but once you get it to 30credits you have to post whenever you get a chance to keep your site up.

OK you have to register to the forum and then every time you post you wil be credits from .89 to 2points or even 5points

Actually, you can get any amount of credits per post. There is no minimum or maximum.

only get you 20mb's with 500bandwidth which is not much

20mb is enough to build a site and have some room left over. Unless your hosting downloads or large graphics, 20mb should be fine. Most hosts only offer 10mb. Those which don't usually have ads.

500mb bandwidth is quite a bit aswell. If every hit (a hit is when someone visits your site) you get uses up 50kb of your bandwidth then 10,000 people can visit your site every month before it runs out.

you have to post whenever you get a chance to keep your site up.

You don't have to post that much. If you come on and post once maybe twice a day, your credits will rise. Once you have enough credits, say 5 which is easy to get, you can start coming on every other day and still maintain your account.

If it sounds hard, you will get the hang of it.

Thank you for your responses to my 'Rae' question. I did finally figure it out, and I felt kind of dumb for not getting it the first 4 times I came across what to do. I appreciate the help though.

I have a few questions that seem relevant before I sign up, as I have never signed up on a web host that requires forum posting before. 1. Do we have the guarantee that we will never be made to post more times than is possible for our Internet allowance, (some teens have only so much time to keep even a small web site, and some adults have real jobs they have to do so it's hard to find time for posting on forums even if you like doing it.)Is there a set number of posts you have to make to keep you site active?2. If we are making that many posts a day and still haven't broken any of the rules written in the TOU's is there still a chance of our site being removed or deleted at the Admins discretion?3. Will the pages always be add free?4. Does the server provide regular backups or software available to the members to backup their sites on their schedules?5. If we make a thread on a subject already being discussed accidentally do we loose points?6. Must the members post the entire time his or her site is hosted here, or can they stop if they choose after a year or two?7. Do you provide free domain registration? (Silly question but I wanted to know)8. If the forum ever has a problem (IE, is down for maintenance or has been hacked into) and the members cannot get in to post, will the members sites run the risk of being deleted?Also are there any reasons (apart from Illegal content) that our sites might not be approved for?