xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BeyondEarth

What Is Your Favorite Books/series Come on Tell us Lol...

My favorite series is the series based on the CBS TV show CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Max Allen Collins wrote 6 books, 2 jigsaw puzzles, the 8 board game stories, the video games, and three graphic novels. He's my favorite mystery author. I can speed through half of the book in a couple hours.

My favorites series has to be first Dune, they are the best sci fi books ever...so intense and so amazing and addiciting. Then i would have to say that my next favorite series is Harry Potter...they just are so relaxing and happy and easy to read.

YES I have heard soooooo much about the Davinci Code and Angels and Demons. They are both fantastic (as far as I know). I haven't read them myself, but several of my friends got sooooo addicted to it.My boyfriend (Peak) read the first book too (the English version), and he loves it. Since we are now in Thailand, we have seen a Thai version of it, and another Thai version with all the photos of the place and art pieces, involved in the book-- to make it easier for some people. So i guess it's very famous here too. :D

Wheee my favourite books :D

I love a lot of different fantasy book series, but I'm going to narrow it down to just a few for this post :D

The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

First off would definitely be the Harry Potter series (I'm a HUGE fan of the series, collect everything you can think of to do with it etc.), but that surely needs no introduction, so let's move on.

http://harrypotter.scholastic.com/

StarBridge

There's a really, really great author called A.C. Crispin who wrote this smashing science fiction series in the early to mid 90s called StarBridge.

StarBridge is about humans discovering that there's life beyond our star system... in the future, overpopulation causes humans to colonise other planets in our star system, but then one day in the future in a trip out in space, a spaceship of humans hears a weird radio frequency coming from a certain amount of light years away, so they follow it and come upon another star system with a whole different alien sentient species (sentient means you have your own culture, your own language, your own social order etc, so they're not considered animals or other lower life forms)

At the end of the first book, the humans discover that there are quite a few "worlds" that have been discovered and that these alien beings have joined together to trade with and learn about each other, and would love for our world to join them.

The alien beings on the snake-like world Shasisizz, where a council of aliens from the diff worlds reside, ask one of the humans if he'd like to be the principal of a school they want to set up, to train different sentient beings from diff worlds about each others' cultures and worlds, so that they'd facilitate diplomatic relations, trade and mutual technological advances for all the different planets, and they put the school on this planet belonging to Shasisizz that is out in space right in between all of the different worlds, and they name the school "StarBridge".

The successive books are all about the challenges the student diplomats face as they interact with other alien worlds - there's a lot to be learnt about how people react to different cultures and the politics of religion vs. technological advances (i.e. from thinking your the only ones out there, to discovering that there are many other sentient cultures who seem so alien to you).

Although the series is out-of-print (I got into it after a family friend's recommendation), it's still available online on Amazon and on eBay in many places. I've spent the last 3 years tracking down the rest of the books in the series, and they are really top-notch - a series no sci-fi fan can do without... :D

https://www.amazon.com/159-1026313-7748225?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce

Tamora Pierce is another truly great fantasy writer who celebrates feminism in the form of brave, decisive, strong-willed female protagonists who find their place in the world by striking out alone and doing the unexpected, often disregarding rigid medieval society.

The Song of the Lioness Quartet is about a young girl named Alanna of Trebond, who dreams of becoming a knight at court in Tortall and having adventures instead of becoming a proper young Lady. She switches places with her twin brother (who wants to become a Mage) and trains as a knight, while hiding her identity till her 18th birthday when she is knighted. The quartet follows her journey from page to squire to knight and the adventures, trials and tribulations faced by a young girl who eventually discovers who she wants and is meant to be.

http://www.amazon.com/181-4845448-9314404?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

The Immortals Quartet by Tamora Pierce

The Immortals is about Veralidane Sarrasri (Daine), a young farm girl who has no father. When her mother and her family of animals are brutally murdered by raiders, Daine sets out by herself, journeying to the capital city Tortall to serve as a horse handler (she has an uncannying way with animals). She follows a journey too, learning to leave behind the stigma of having no father and find a place to put her magical gift to good use and help protect her country.

http://www.amazon.com/181-4845448-9314404?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R.Tolkien

Due to the fabulous movies that were released from 2001-2003, there is no real need to introduce what these books are about, but they are truly masterpieces. The books read like the real history of our world in ancient times far before christ, a world of Men, Dwarves, Hobbits, Elves and Wizards, where magic and reality collide and the four species must come together to defend Middle Earth against the greatest evil ever known. The books are graceful, enchanting prose (although the songs can get a wee bit longwinded) - absolute must-reads! :D

https://www.amazon.com/154-6297111-0949535?ie=UTF8&v=glance

Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer

The Artemis Fowl series is a hilarious, quick-witted story that is at once a detective story, a science-fiction, a comedy and a fantasy all rolled into one. The protagonist is 11-year-old Artemis Fowl, a young genius and heir to an Irish Crime Lord. Taking after his father of course, Artemis plots to increase his family's fortune by taking advantage of his discovery of the magical faerie world. His kidnap of a faerie police officer leads to a full-on battle between the humans and the faeries in a fast-paced, action-packed adventure that will keep you reading to the end. There are currently 4 books in the series and ach book gets better than the last - fantasy/sci-fi fans MUST read these books! :)

Well I hope you enjoyed my post... do check out these books! :D

Ooops I forgot the link to find out about the Artemis Fowl books, here you go:

http://www.artemisfowl.co.uk/site/Home.php

My favorite book, it would have to be the harry potter series. As explained above the book's story, it's is a pretty good book. I just finish reading the 6th book, whihc was qute good but in my opinion the 5th one was a little better. I really like hte book's storyline, the mixture of reality and magic. The cool chracters, the awsome twists, the adventure, In my view its an really awsome series. As for other books, I dont really read too many books, as i am not a huge book fan but i do like fantasy books, like dragon rider or artemis fowl.

well the books i liked the most have been some from Tom Clancy, the story invloves you in the book so you feel as if you where there. The details are well explained and also the characters are well described, the stories come to the top when Tom send the characters to the respective mission they must complete and then explosions, shots, terrorists and all kind of really amazing stuff appears to our heroes. There are even some times i imagine the soldiers's boots running on the gound or falling with a parachute. Perhaps that's why he is hired to write game scripts.The titles are Games of State and the other i lost but was about russia.

My favorite series has to be Henryk Sienkiewicz's trilogy, "With Fire and Sword", "The Deluge", and "Colonel Wolodyjowski". I read them in Polish, but also read "With Fire and Sword" in english and it seemed to be equally powerfull so I think the same would hold true to the other book translations. Loosely based on 17th century history during the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. If you come across the movie for the first book don't watch it, they did a horrible job, cut out too much, but they did try to compress over a thousand pages into 2 hours.

My favorite series is the Thursday Next books. No one seems to have heard of it though. It's about a parallel universe where time travel and book travel is possible. Jane Eyre actually comes to live, along with Wordsworth, and other characters. There is a library where the cat in Alice the Wonderland is the chief librarian. It is hilarious, smart, and makes you want to get on your feet and do something useful.

I am a big fan of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I don't like how he had to stretch out the last few of them, but they are amazing. He plans everything from the begining, and thorughout 12 books, there are absolutely no contradictions. They all relate to the first, and have very specific details. It is an easy and fun read.Harry Potter is pretty cool, its a new twist on the fantasy/magic genre, but its not something that I can sit and read for hours on end. I noticed that is a lot of your favorites ><

Ahh I'm disappointed.. No one mentioned DragonLance or Forgotten Realms :)Oh well.. I've read many many books and since I've liked most of them I won't tell you any book but series.. Soo.. In no order my favourite series would be.. ehm..All DragonLance books..All Forgotten Realms booksAll J.R.R. Tolkien's books :PWell that's most of it.. I guess.. There's some other good books but those are the "series" I like the best..

I am reading Angels and Demons for my english class. Great book, very interesting. The Davinci Code is also very interesting, although I liked/am liking Angels and Demons better.If those books aren't your style, I reccomend reading the Harry Potter series. Now, before you go ahead and say "What?! Harry Potter is for kids!", just let me say, its not! It is a very intreguing (spelt wrong) series, which is aimed towards many individuals, including adults! There are many books in the series, and you will never know what is going to happen next.

WOW! practicly every post here contained somthing on harry potter woot!!

anyways, my grandma read and liked the book "The Davinci Code"!!

*does a dance* i bet NOONE can EVER guess what my favorite books are! any guesses? hu hu? i thought not! wlel if you cant tell my ALL TIME favorite books would have to be Harry Potter! so far six books!

* Harry Potter And The Sorcerrs Stone * Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
* Harry Potter And The Prisioner Of Azkaban
* Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
* Harry Potter And The Order of the Pheonix
* Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

all excelent books! and i would have to say that they will probably be the only books that i will ever like, and ever read WILLINGLY and LIKE them...i absoloutly cannot wait for the 7th harry Potter book! once i get the title on it i plan on writing a book and seeing how close i get to the actual story :-D but yes Harry Potter are my favotire books!