xisto Community
varunone

How Moderators Behave How Moderators Behave

In my short time on Xisto I've heard of at least one case where someone didn't cite their source because of editing problems, if you just failed to quote it or something what then? What if the person doesn't say it's a quote in the post but realizes they messed up and posts another post to the topic giving credit?

In my short time on Xisto I've heard of at least one case where someone didn't cite their source because of editing problems, if you just failed to quote it or something what then?  What if the person doesn't say it's a quote in the post but realizes they messed up and posts another post to the topic giving credit?

154981[/snapback]

that's when the "report" button can be used to advise moderators of the mistake. but that button is not to be abused. we'll know. :rolleyes: double-posting (back-to-back posts by same member) should be kept to a minimum or avoided altogether.

there's always the PREVIEW POST button... we can all make use of that before submitting a reply/topic for posting. :lol:

Snil was only doing his job. If you can not accept this, then that is your problem. So far the moderators have been right about all decisions, and I expect them to be the same in the future.As said before, the time frame does not apply. IF you clearly breached the rules, then whatever consiquences come at any time are your just deserves.

All right, since this thread involves me, I think that it's only right that I make a post here.

From the look of the initial post in this thread, it looks like varunone was trying to incriminate me by posting my actions and our Private Messages, and he did not get the support that he was looking for.

Since you've (members of Xisto) have read our Private Messages, you knew my actions in warning varunone regardless of the time frame and my frustration that stemmed from his not knowing my position. The reason why I warned him twice was based on newton's third law: "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." In varunone's case, the opposite reaction was my warns. varunone did not follow the rules, so I had to warn him. varunone also thinks that because of his warns, I am a bad moderator. What would make me a bad moderator is if I did not give him a warning for clearly plagiarizing.

To sum it up (based of Buffalo's post), should a person receive only ONE warning if he posted 500 plagiarized threads, and I happen to find the most recent one first? If your answer if "yes," then you're crazy.

I don't know about you, but I too would not like to continue this discussion further. I have made my decision, and that stands final. However, if varunone does not copy and paste in the future, his warns will gradually decrease.

Snil was only doing the job that he has to do as a moderator. You should also realize the Xisto is trying to protect you and themselves from the law because the last time that I had checked plagerism was a federal offense. I am not entirely sure. Also it is hard to have a growing community if you are haveing unjustified things going on. Also the only getting one warning for two offenses is not right either. It lets the door open for users to gain credits for 499 peices of plagerism like snil said.

All right, since this thread involves me, I think that it's only right that I make a post here.

155296[/snapback]

snlildude87, you don't need to justify yourself or answer to anyone but to administrators. :rolleyes: You ARE the moderator and you made your decision. And judging by other posted members, you did good. Good, snlildude, good! :lol:

I believe the accuser and the defendant both have said their sides. Unless other members feel they would like to comment further to this thread (click on REPORT and ask moderators to open this forum for you) this topic is closed. Thank you for everyone's valuable inputs.

I personally see no reason why the OP was so angry. Regardless of the actions of the moderators, it would not have happened if the OP used the quotes. "The end justifies the means" It's a commonly occuring trend for people today to not cite their resources. Be it a simple copy/paste from a news article into a forum or information they used to write their thesis. I respect Xisto for making sure people don't get away with information not theirs (or rather, post credit that they did not earn).

Notice from KuBi:
I like to look at the date of this thread and see it's 10 months old since the last post. I think either the member has left or the issue has been resolved. Closed.

Even though I didnt see much of the recent case, the moderators should not be obliged to answer to any normal member why a particular thread was closed, a member banned, and so on. The moderator has made thier decision and that should be it.

Edited by arnz (see edit history)

If ever you think a moderator has treated you unfairly, it should NEVER be mentioned in a public post like this. Any perceived problems with moderators should be PMed to an Administrator, to do otherwise will only harm the forum and undermine the authority of all moderators. That is never a good thing.By the way, why is this thread still open? At least 2 mods have said this thread is closed.

closed. for sure this time. :) old issue, anyway. :)