xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alexia

Do You Prefer Light Or Dark Layout?

okay,for my own site about myself (my personal blog eg) i just like the dard layouts coz the mood of mine always dark and grey.for the open site to lots of people,(like the site of my sig).i just wanna use the clearly layouts,but bad luck the forum i'm using is the skin of caliskinV6,you just checked that,you will find it's So dark.:Pi just don't know the more patient layouts or skin like dark.guangdian

Most people prefer light websites in most situations because it makes them feel better or more comfortable.I always preferred lighter websites too because it makes it look more professional. Wehn you have a dark website it usually goes way to overboard on the whole darkness bit.Its ok to have a dark website as long as you make the colors go together right. Like a dark background with a brushed silver graphic with hard lines always seemed too look cool to me. I tried a bunch of different site designs and the lighter one always really seemed to come out on top.One thing i would consider taking a look as is the actuall colors that you use on your site. Certain colors will naturally remind someone of something so it can be useful to play off this quirk of the brain to acheive the type of mood about your site that you are looking for.

I prefer Dark colors, like black and blue, for my personal website. Although some people may disagree but I just find dark color websites clean. But I find white spaces on company websites very appealing. They look so professional, especially when the pages have nice layout arrangements. It really depends on the type of company and their target viwers.

I like a light background with dark page features. I used to like dark, but light is easier to read. If you look at my blogs you will see that one is dark and one is light; I have varying views on this.

I myself preffer light layouts. I like dark layouts as long as they have white font. I hate sites with dark fotn and dark background, its hard to read. It annoys me. So... If your doing darkk use white font but with a light green, silver, or just plain white use black. Now Green is different, white doens't show up very well niether does black if its a darker green. But layouts I like must be clean cut, with no lines hanging off because they couldn't code it right. Just bugs me.

I love the dark my room is a dark navy blue lol... i use white as my accent color and my bed is red!all my computer gear is black or dark colored!i love the dark... but you alos need some brightnessunlike other rooms in my house it takes like 3 lights to get it a normal brightness room at night while another room 3 times as big takes 1... and that rooms not as dark... and i like the cold to so dark works for that hehehe...

I don't think I overly prefer either.. too dark or too light will mess it up.. but all my sites stay medium-to-light in tone.. it just looks more professional.But as long as it's simple and easy-to-read, I'm okay with it.. ^^(Google is like my hero ::lol:

i prefer Dark layout... yes, light one ( with white background ) look more profesional. But i dont need to looke profesional if users get what they wont ( and im happy :P )This site that im going to make now, is going to use mambo probobly, and will be a site of my town so i thing that portals are for that. and afcourse site is going to use light background and be with all those fancy thingie ... fuij :P

Hmmm.... that's a good question. I suppose it's all a matter of tastes. I don't really favor one type over the other, they can both be done correctly. I found that for a professional business look, lights are usually best, but for non-traditional sites like music or gaming or something you probably wouldn't be buying a suit for, dark layouts can look much more attractive.Colours can bring out different things in different people. So, if you are after a certain mood or emotion, you can do a little research to see what colours might be a good choice. Also, no matter what layout colours you do decide, it's always important not to choose colours that are going to fight with each other on the page, like a blue background with red text. That just isn't very user friendly.

Ohh dark or light background.. thats kind of choice.. if the website have information and diffrent kind of pictures on it then I like light backgrounds.. But Im not big fan of light backgrounds only if the programer is good and know how the colors look to gether (light colors).. And I like dark colors on almost all website but not if theyr everywhere black.. I prefer dark green white black.. or red with black they look awesome together.. So i better prefer dark backgrounds because like dark colors more but still it's 40:60 (light:dark)..

well thats easy i prefer light for profession layouts and dark color layouts for clan/fan/personal sites. But it also depends on what colors you use for the layouts to looks right.