xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Phi

What Is The Dumbest Thing You Ever Done? What did you do stupid?

The dumbest thing ive ever done is well theres more than one but ill name a couple of them :P Yelling immaturely(not sure if its a word) online and screaming like a girl :P its true..Jumping up and down in a library my librarian said "honey you took too much sugar today" well not really i was just excited for some dumb old candy and i got embarassed :(;) I dived in a pool when it said ..."no diving" how stupid am ii accidently touched a ladies circle things when i was little (at the age of 4) and thought it was toys :o:P i think thats enough from me

The dumbest thing I have ever done? Everyone will be here for hours while I list them so I'll just put one. I was driving my dad's tractor and he said to not drive in the mud. I didn't care and I did and the tractor came out fine. Then I went to show my buddys and I got stuck 3/4 of the way to the end of the mud. That is one of the dumbest (and one of the funniest) things I have ever done.

Funny that this post should be made today, because just the day before yesterday I had an extreemly embarrassing moment. (Insert negative reputation point HERE). I was with my friend on his boat, and with a few other people. We were all to move to the front of the boat, so I decided to puch the excess rope down into the hull where it belonged so that I could make more room. Part of the rope was tied onto a cleet, which the anchor off the front of the boat was hanging. I had to remove the chain from the cleet to get to the rope. I did, and the anchor didn't move. However, nor did I even think about the anchor falling. We were going quite fast. I was talking to someone up on deck, so for a moment, I wasn't paying a great amount of attention. Then, the worst thing that could possibly happen did happen, and the anchor fell into the water. My friend had once told me that his dad is particular about the condition of the propellor from the bottom of this inboat desil engine. Wham! The propellor is ****ed by the anchor.Sad... soo sad.

I do a lot of dumb things, but one time, two years ago, we were playing dodgeball in phys ed. A guy threw the ball at me and I jumped up and over to avoid the ball. Little did I realise I was standing right next to a wall. So I ended up jumping up and straight into the wall. The ball hit me anyways, so holding my sore arm that I just smushed into the wall, I went to sit out. I was standing next to one of my friends and in front of my two teachers who thought what I had just done was hilarious. But a few minutes later my arm started going numb and hurt a lot. So one of my teachers told me to try and squeeze his finger with my sore arm and I couldn't, so he said as soon as I got home I had to tell my parents and go to the doctor. I went, and the doctor bent my arm in all these painful ways and concluded that it wasn't broken, but I had dislocated my shoulder. My arm was in a sling for three weeks after that. Then one day, with my arm in the sling, I went to the store where a guy asked what I did to my arm. When I told him I jumped into a wall while dodging the ball in dodge ball, he fell over laughing. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever done.

Alright, well I am a cashier for a Culver's in my city. One day I took an order and took the money. I dropped a few of the coins on the ground. I hit the button that opens the register and dent over to pick up the change. Unfortunately, since I bent over right as the register drawer poped out, I got conked in the head. It was not all that painful, but it was pretty stupid.

I didn't do anything. Well I can't remember. I'll tell you what my little brother did. He was walking and my mom called back to him. And he turned around while still walwing and he hit the sliding doors. It bent alittle bit. People were laughing. lol. I was too. well now i remember what i did when i was little. I was at Minyards a grocery store in Texas and I went to the small section of arcades and I started touching the controls and yelling "pow" "boom" and stuff like that. And people were looking at me while there groceries were sacked. lol. my parents told me they were embarassed. there were no money in the machine either. lol.

Once when I was about six, my brother asked me to call his friend Alex for him. So I dialed the number, but he left the room just then because my mom called him. It started ringing and a voice came on the other end (it sounded like his voice) so I started speaking. "Alex? Anoop wants to talk to you." But the answer was a bit confusing and garbled. It was most likely. "This isn't Alex - but I can get him for you." Instead, frustrated, I continued. "Alex, please stop fooling around. Anoop wants to talk to you." I called my brother to come get the phone. The voice in the phone continued protesting that it wasn't Alex. Angered and annoyed, I yelled. "Shut up!" in the phone, thinking that if it were Alex, he would stop messing with my head and answer the phone. The phone went silent for a second and my brother came in and picked it up from me. In a few moments, I figured out why "Alex" didn't speak to me.It wasn't Alex - it was his mother :rolleyes:

dumbest things i've done were lots of them i dunno if i wanna get into a detail of them i could be here all day long well heres one climbed on top of a rotten fence and i t broke i got a dharp metal object in my arm i did it with not notcing that the wood was bad

All of you guys chose such an innocent route to this... or maybe you really feel like those are your dumbest things. Then I'm glad for all of you guys. My dumbest thing was probably trying ciggarettes and marijuana. Also, drinking so much that I was passed out and puking, only to wake up on the floor the next day freezing cold and in a puddle of my puke. All of these are the dumbest I could possibly do, not because it had a bad outcome like the everyday "wow that was dumb" that you guys are talking about, but because I knew better...and was stupid despite that.

All I can say right now is.. well, wow those are some crazy things. But I have done a few, so I'll just tell one of them for now, maybe a few later. OK, so here's the story. My friend (Dan) and myself, went to South Dakota with his parents for a bit of a summer break. So it was a nine hour drive to get to where we had to go. We got ice in a C-store, but before we got to the car it melted.. Anyways, on with the story. Our parents were out getting wasted at about 3 in the afternoon. It's 90 out, and we are inside watching television. Now we are gonna go swimming in the pool cos we here there's some good looking chicks there, so we decide we dont wanna go out the door, we wanna hop out the window. So we take the window off, then the screen. As we are getting out, the park patrol guy finds us and takes us to our parents. So, instead of swimming in a cold pool on a hotter than heck day, we get stuck sitting on park benches doing absolutely nothing.I know, I know, not that stupid. But man, did it make the rest of the day really boring lol. Hey keep the great stories coming ladies and gentlemen!

This particular event got me using Linux. I was sitting at the PC i'm at now (the only one with an internet connection). It is running Vista, and I was bored. So I get this "great" idea. I'll get a list of files and find them on this PC, then I'd copy them to my flash drive. Most of the files on the list weren't In Vistas system files but a lot of 'em were. I put those files on the flash drive and took it to my PC (running XP w/SP2). My original plan was to use a simple little program on them called "Recourse Hacker". I was to use the same program on the same files of my PC, if you know where I'm going with this.As I say there at my PC, I changed my plan. Instead of using the program on them, I'll just replace them. I tried replacing them all except one, only one worked. After carefully thinking about it, I decided to replace the last one too. Now all I had to do was restart the PC and let the changes take effect.http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000111-pc-tech-support/55556859That pretty much explains the rest of my story.

This particular event got me using Linux. I was sitting at the PC i'm at now (the only one with an internet connection). It is running Vista, and I was bored. So I get this "great" idea. I'll get a list of files and find them on this PC, then I'd copy them to my flash drive. Most of the files on the list weren't In Vistas system files but a lot of 'em were. I put those files on the flash drive and took it to my PC (running XP w/SP2). My original plan was to use a simple little program on them called "Recourse Hacker". I was to use the same program on the same files of my PC, if you know where I'm going with this.

As I say there at my PC, I changed my plan. Instead of using the program on them, I'll just replace them. I tried replacing them all except one, only one worked. After carefully thinking about it, I decided to replace the last one too. Now all I had to do was restart the PC and let the changes take effect.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000111-pc-tech-support/55556859

That pretty much explains the rest of my story.

You resurrected a 5 year old thread but since it's not time-sensitive I guess it's okay.

The dumbest thing I've done is when I touched a halogen light to see if it was hot. It had been on 3-4 hours while we worked on my car and then I just got curious as to how hot it was. Touched it and had an instant bubble on my finger -- very bad blister.

So I learned -- don't touch light bulbs when they've been on for hours! Especially not halogens.

I would have to agree with many of those in this post. There are so many dumb things that I have done in my short life span, and I guess I have a lot more dumb things to do in the future. I just try my best to learn from the mistakes of other and observe the mistakes of those older than me. I would have to say mistakes including stealing, smoking, and hanging around the wrong people. Many people in my age group have died hanging around the wrong people or being seen with the wrong people.One of my class mates from the 8th grade only has one leg now because he was hanging around a dude that was robbing people home. The people game to the guy house, and when the guy wasn't there they took him instead and tried to kill him. There are other people who I know that were shot down in the streets or killed and thrown into an abandon house. I use to hang around a guy in middle school who got to high school and shot down a old woman down in the streets while trying to rob her. He now has life in prison. The majority of people I hung around ten years ago are probably dead or imprisoned. I was always told that, but never believe it. My teachers would always say, "Look around you, in ten years the majority of them will be dead or imprisoned, I hope one of them isn't you". I ran into one of my years a few months back at an awards ceremony. I was receiving all these awards and I bumped into her after the program and she start crying. She said that I must have hit a 360. However, I think the best way to minimize mistakes is you have knowledge of yourself and find something to be passionate about. I placed on my focus on studying history and politics, and that is when certain people stopped hanging around me. I read way too much and we simply couldn't relate anymore. Some of the friends that I run into, I can't relate to them at all anymore and both of us notice it as soon as we open our mouth to greet one another. A revolutionist named H.Rap Brown was great at articulating in his book "Die *BLEEP* Die" not being able to relate to old friends who have spent most of their early life on the street corner while you have spent a significant time of your early life in books.

The dumbest thing I've done is when I touched a halogen light to see if it was hot. It had been on 3-4 hours while we worked on my car and then I just got curious as to how hot it was. Touched it and had an instant bubble on my finger -- very bad blister.

hahaha i guess i will tell my burn story too. i think i beat yours :) when i was a really little kid, i was cleaning the inside of my parents car. i was always fascinated by the lighter how you can push it in and how it would pop out and how it glowed so i pushed it in. when it popped out, i looked at the red glow and decided to touch the inside with my finger. talk about instant burn!

i was always curious in nature so one day i took out my dads razor wondering how she he shaves his face with it. i decided to feel the razor and totally cut myself. i went to show my mom how i was bleeding and the first thing she told me was don't get blood on the carpet hahaha

i was an idiot when i was young and things haven't really changed much for me now that i am old :D