xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Long-lost Da Vinci Masterpiece Found Behind Palazzo Walls

The long-lost fresco Seracini may have found is also known by its Anglicized title ?Battle of Angiers.? Begun in 1505, the painting is considered by many art historians to be Leonardo?s most important ? and largest ? masterpiece.

http://phys.org/news/2005-06-long-lost-da-vinci-masterpiece-palazzo.html

who is seracini? Maurizio Seracini is an internationally recognized expert in high-technology art analysis, who appeared as himself in Dan Brown?s DA VINCI CODE. :P da vinci's lost artwork is also known as the "Battle of Anghiari".

I have read the book 'Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown. It is an excellent read... I am not sure whether there are any facts or whether it is all myth, but the book is great to read. sorry, though the topic started was something diff, it deviated to Da Vinci Code... but could not help continuing with the discussion.Cheers.

yes, Da Vinci Code is an excellent book =D! i think that book may have a little of truth in it, but well returning to the painting, i would love the idea to have discovered leonardo Da Vinci's Greatest painting, for me the gioconda and the other ones are sublimal perfection so i can't imagine how is the greatest painting of Da Vinci...