xisto Community
wlite

How To Save Upload Time In Cpanel

wow that's very handy information there! but i got a question: doesnt it take the same time, to extract the files than uploading them one by one? and the permissions i use the select all, and change permissions @@ at least that works for me

Thanks for this tip. This now means that when I try to revert to a backup, which I place in a zip package, I no longer need to wait about ten minutes before everything's online as it's meant to be!Wow, i should've picked up on this one before hearing it on the forums.Thanks for your help. If you've anymore tips, please post them, they're extremely helpful :lol:

I could have saved hours of work if I saw this earlier. I was uploading a backup Mambo directory tree from my old Web host, and it took hours. I ended up uploading directories (to the point where they contained no subdircectories) by hand.

Thanks for the tutorial. I hate doing script updates because some scripts have hundreds of files and it takes forever to upload by FTP and sometimes disconnects in the middle of the upload. This is going to save me tons of time and make the uploading processes a lot easier. I can't believe I didn't know about this before.

nice tutortial, but I dont think this servers handles zip file. But I think it handles .gzip instead. However if you are using ftp then it will take like forever to upload 50 files beacuse on Xisto?s server is the uploading speed very low. I dont know why... B)But we are lucky that we can use .gzip and .zip if it supports it. B)

Wow. I never knew you could unzip all the files. I feel kind of stupid after uploading files one by one if I didn't feel like using an FTP client at the time. This should save time, letting me be alot more time suffecient when uploading stuff.

Actually, our hosting server will extract many compression formats including zip files.- zip- gzip- tar.gz- tar.bz2 - etc...I sometimes edit a large number of files for use on a test site and then if they work correctly, I create a zip of all of the files I edited in their correct directory tree starting from /public_html. I can then upload and extract the files to a temporary directory (/temp) on the server. Once on the server in the correct directory structure, I can copy the root directory created by the extraction to the target directory of my website. All of the files that need changed are automatically overwritten. I can update my live site very quickly this way.As far as every file that is extracted having the wrong file permissions, I found that my standard FTP client allows me to quickly CHMOD several files and directories at once. :huh:You can't extract to the target directory since the extractor will not overwrite files in the extraction process. Only the upload, copy, or move processes are able to overwrite an existing file.Nice tutorial.vujsa