xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
x?peter?x

I Made A Good One

Okay, few things to point out...

One, the most obvious one...don't drag your brushes. Try to use a different brush every time you click, so it doesn't look so repeated, or at least try fiddling with brush settings to make it shaped differently or scattered...

Two, don't use that brown, especially in a monotone sig. It just looks bad.

Three, don't blend the render so much. If you can't see it, it kinda defeats the purpose of it being there.

Four, you can get better fonts from http://www.dafont.com/de/.

And that's it for now, really. You can get to more advanced stuff later on.

One last thing. Read tutorials. Read lots and lots of tutorials.

Tutorials are your friends...thats how I learned. And as Johnny said, stay FAR away from dragging your brushes....and use a variety. An interesting color may help, or make it multi-colored. Try adding a border as well.

Yeah i agree. Read more tutorials, shrink the size of the image, and also change the brush....i would use some more blending and change to color cause i personally dont like the dark red you used...it makes the text hard to read.Another suggestion would be to add some back-shadow to the text and an inner glow so that it is more readable and more a center of attention then something blended into the background

Four, you can get better fonts from http://www.dafont.com/de/.

One last thing. Read tutorials. Read lots and lots of tutorials.

150815[/snapback]

Johnny, how many fonts do you have?? I see you use a different font for each sig each time. It's crazy. :P

Where do you go for tutorials? Good Tutorials and pixel2life?

Tutorials are your friends...thats how I learned.

151100[/snapback]

Too bad I can't look at all tutorials...espcially not those that use extensive images to document their every move. Takes forever to load on 56K. :P

Johnny, how many fonts do you have?? I see you use a different font for each sig each time. It's crazy. :P

Where do you go for tutorials? Good Tutorials and pixel2life?

Too bad I can't look at all tutorials...espcially not those that use extensive images to document their every move. Takes forever to load on 56K. :P

151151[/snapback]

Yes. I have lots and lots of fonts. But often times I use the same ones, just with different styles (lower caps, for example, or outline, or whatever.)

Yeah, I go to GT, P2L, and Gamerenders. (Gamerenders has freakin' everything man. :()

You should get cable/dsl. It's teh sex.

If you're gonna go for DSL, I say try out http://www.dslextreme.com/ cheapest prices i've seen.

As for tutorials, I prefer Good-Tutorials for photoshop, because it mainly focuses on Adobe products and updates more often. Pixel2Life is good for 3D modelling and such as well.

Lookie there...what's Terry Bogart doing here? King of Fighters > Street Fighter :P

If you're gonna go for DSL, I say try out http://www.dslextreme.com/ cheapest prices i've seen.

As for tutorials, I prefer Good-Tutorials for photoshop, because it mainly focuses on Adobe products and updates more often. Pixel2Life is good for 3D modelling and such as well.

Lookie there...what's Terry Bogart doing here? King of Fighters > Street Fighter :P

151167[/snapback]

Yeah, GT is good for Photoshop, but P2L is better for the whole package.

(New sig. I'll post a topic about it in a sec.)

i'd say dont bother getting DSL, its to expensive. Get comcast for $40/mo and ts like 3mb fast so its way a beter deal.

151238[/snapback]

I have DSL for $19.99 a month, and it's really fast. (which is why I'm always downloading movies and games and such) O.o

It's teh sex.

151165[/snapback]

Haha, I haven't used that sentence in years. I definately have to resurrect it in my vocabulary. :P

I have DSL for $19.99 a month, and it's really fast. (which is why I'm always downloading movies and games and such) O.o

151242[/snapback]

What company?? And is it forever or only for x amount of times?

Haha, I haven't used that sentence in years. I definately have to resurrect it in my vocabulary. :P

What company?? And is it forever or only for x amount of times?

151451[/snapback]

SBC...I dunno if you guys get that in Antarctica. :P

SBC...I dunno if you guys get that in Antarctica. :P

151507[/snapback]

ive got sbc too. its okay. i had some major problems when i first got it and was making a serious search to switch to something else but the problems have gone away and im sticking with it for a bit longer.