xisto Community
Aro

Driving Traffic To Your Site

This is kind of a double-edged sword. Relevant link exchanges can certainly help draw the kind of visitors you want to your website, but most link exchanges are horrible at matching content across sites. If you participate in one of these link exchanges, you'll (a) possibly get hits, but by poorly targeted viewers and (:P likely have your search rankings impacted in a negative way for lack of relevant linking.

A better option is to simply communicate with other site owners in the same industry as you and find ways to work together to incur a mutual benefit from traffic visiting either page.

use link exchange, it usually draws a ton of people and could help you and others get things a lot better.

This is kind of a double-edged sword. Relevant link exchanges can certainly help draw the kind of visitors you want to your website, but most link exchanges are horrible at matching content across sites. If you participate in one of these link exchanges, you'll (a) possibly get hits, but by poorly targeted viewers and ( :P likely have your search rankings impacted in a negative way for lack of relevant linking.
A better option is to simply communicate with other site owners in the same industry as you and find ways to work together to incur a mutual benefit from traffic visiting either page.

You are absolutely right.. In order to succeed we must all work together. All we needis a commen ground to walk on and our world Will be a better place.... :P

The best way to get traffic is to pay for it - google AdWords is what comes to mind for me. Basically, you pay per visitor-click. If you pay for 300 visitors a day through google, you should get somewhere close to 300 new visitors (being realistic to what demand your site might have).
There are many many sites out there that are designed to instruct you how to get traffic to your sites - and they work. It isn't as bad as the real estate commercials where they claim that they are making "$50-100k per month and so can you!!!"

They basically created these sites with all of the service affiliates in mind - that is to say, when you read their tips on how to create a site, you'll see tons of ads for web hosting services, design services, domain sales, etc.

The best one that I came across recently was one titled "Web Development" - with many sections dealing with your exact question - how to drive traffic. This web can be found http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

There are tips about URL submissions to search engines, writing press releases, getting listed in directories, etc.

Good luck - let us know what else you learned.

I remember when I purchased hosting with Ipanel, it came with a free $50 dollar adword voucher. I still haven't used it, but i think I may. I never have used Adwords before. I did use Adtoll's advertising service before and it didn't really bring much traffic to my site. It did bring some, but not anything to be extremely happy about. Unlike Google, you pay for advertising on a week to week basis and not on the amount of clicks and whatnot. Maybe that's why Google is much better?

the asked for traffic advice. not seo advice.dude, to get massive amounts of traffic, all you have to do is post some pictures and videos of naked women. that should do it. and....you're welcome. it's an old internet trick that has never failed

For Bloggers, Entrecard.com and adgitize drives some traffic to blog. Also chances are there that you'll get some good readers in exchange. So drop cards onto blogs in your niche if possible. For forum owners, promotion-source and forumpromotion.net are two resources to buy registration and members for Free. Also you can get some forum packages on these two forums from which you can get some content flowing on your forum.These two are known methods to get traffic for respective platform(i.e blogs and forums).

my advice for good traffic is GOOD CONTENT, you want you visitors to stay, and come back for more, you cant do that just by spamming the internet and hoping to get many clicks on your ads or stuff like that. Sure, a little seo helps a lot, but the main idea is to get some good content. People like to find good stuff and that is certain. Also google PR is no longer that important, so stop spamming for backlinks.

Edited by showtime (see edit history)

Only content doesn't help. If there lacks feedback and participation then blogs or forums are doomed to fail. So i think there should be active promotion for blog or forum. Without active promotion, you'll not able to rip the benefits of traffic. If you promote more then you can get traffic and with current traffic you have to maintain by promoting more. So content, promotion and backlinks work for getting more traffic.

Since my site is a GTA fansite, what exactly (apart from downloads, information and news etc) would I need to get my GTA forum active?

Only content doesn't help. If there lacks feedback and participation then blogs or forums are doomed to fail. So i think there should be active promotion for blog or forum. Without active promotion, you'll not able to rip the benefits of traffic. If you promote more then you can get traffic and with current traffic you have to maintain by promoting more. So content, promotion and backlinks work for getting more traffic.

If you want your website to have a long term succes you should have good content, if i visit a site and i find crap, belive me i`m not going back. You get visits from banner exchange or similar things, but if people who visit your site from banner exchage dont like what they find, do you think they will come back ?

So i stand my ground when i say that good content = good trafic. Sure, link exchange helps, and seo aswell, but content is nr1 for a good long website succes.

Driving traffic to website is really very important to make your site visible and to do this I suggest you do all the techniques listed in this post because we cannot succeed if we do just 1 or 2 strategies, I have an idea to add to this post because there are millions of people going online each day to play game.

-reply by whiteshark0121

Does anyone have any tips for driving traffic to your wesite ?

You can increase traffic for your website by using Search Engine Optimization(SEO).SEO helps to improve the visibility of a web page and page rank in search engines.If you need massive traffic and very quick page rank,you can get the Search Engine Visibility service from XnYnZ.com at low price,this will promote your site in many ways like submitting your site in many search engines,directories ,generating keywords etc.,Therefore you can easily get visitors to your website.