xisto Community
cragllo

Best Lan Games

Me and my friends are soon to get to gether for a little LAN party, but we need to know what are the best games to play, So far, some of the only games we have played are:Wolfenstein: Enemy TerritoryNeed For Speed Underground 2Unreal TournomanetIf anyone can reccomend some good games, that would be great! :P

Counter Strike: Source - For sureMedal of Honor: Pacific Assault - good gameBattlefield 1942Battlefield VietnamCall of DutyFar CryXbox with Halo 2Where are you having your Lan Party at cragllo?

mechwarrior 4 mercinaries is a fun game. im also a big fan of the classic doom game. call of duty is another fun game. theres way to many good lan games to list, but those are my top three favorites

Counter Strike: Source - For sure

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault - good game

Battlefield 1942

Battlefield Vietnam

Call of Duty

Far Cry

Xbox with Halo 2

148971[/snapback]

First person shooter games are the best. They keep you adrenalines on a high.

I don't about you but I don't see much fun in playing Red Alert 2 and Starcraft in a lan party. These games are better played alone because you do a lot of thinking.

Thanks for the sugestions people, definantly gonna go get some of them!

Where are you having your Lan Party at cragllo?

148971[/snapback]

At my house, I have a pretty big garage, put two tables in the middle, and loads of junk food for sure :P

Maybe you could play something like Raven Shield? My friends and I play that often when we have lan parties. (Though we are all big Tom Clancy fans)

and loads of junk food for sure :D

149121[/snapback]

...One of the best parts of lan parties would be junk food...

I find thatCounter-Trike 1.6,Counter-Strike Source,Unreal Tournement,Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat/Vietnam,Quake III Arena,Half Life 2,Call of Duty,Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour,Wolfenstein,and Need for Speed Underground 2 are the best Lan Games at the moment.

I say Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike, Need for Speed Underground 2 [played it for the first time at a lan party last weekend :D ], Command and Conquer [These were always big hits at the lan parties I've been to...especially Red Alert 2], and Natural Selection [HL mod]. I usually play RTS games at LAN parties...

Lan games ? why not saying multiplayer games because most of multiplayer games are playable using LAN. i have played many games and most of the games are completely enjoyable while you play them in multiplayer mode. One most difference between playing on LAN and playing on net is that on net you need high speed connection with very little delay which is not available for all peoples but when you play it on local network then you don't need to worry about bandwidth. so when i want to choose a game for playing on local network i never first go for Counter Strike, counter strike is a nice game for playing online because it doesn't need high speed connection but it is an old game with some major bugs which helped some people thinking they are professional in counter strike by buying an AK47 and killing every one with only one hit or 3 hit. But when i don't have to worry about bandwidth then i can say the best game for local area network is the latest version of Call of Duty, very nice on multiplayer and very high on details, graphics and physics in it's latest version. i think even with playing counter strike for 5 year it will not improve your aiming skills so much because game is not so detailed and can not provide a huge space for testing you aiming skills but in COD you have the chance to see what a real aiming ability should be like. if i have to choose one game then i will choose "Call of Duty - Black Ops" for playing with my friends. one of the features i love in this game is that Wager Matches which if you loose you will loose all of your points collected. anyway there is a down part for COD:BO and it is that all of the players need to have an active connection while playing through lan but it doesn't mean that you will play through internet you play only using lan but an active connection is required duo to some security reasons. actually in COD - BO you will face many features in multiplayer mode than any other game you have seen till now.

for me Counter-Strike is still the best game but as the time goes by it is slowly being beaten by DOTA of warcraft III which is now played by lot of persons, even adults. Tournament is being hosted all around the world for this game.

for me Counter-Strike is still the best game but as the time goes by it is slowly being beaten by DOTA of warcraft III which is now played by lot of persons, even adults. Tournament is being hosted all around the world for this game.

An RTS game like Age of Empires is one of my favorite LAN games to play. Poker TN is also another awesome LAN game (it is both small and easy to setup and play). For me, I prefer to play small LAN games like Kong because there is less chance of trying to get games to work and more time to actually play the games. In my experience, my friends would come over but we would spend around an hour trying to setup the game when we could be playing another game the entire time. Idk but that is just my opinion about these types of games.