xisto Community
kahat

What Sort Of Music Do You Listen To? What sort of music do you listen to?

You're right hunter,what i hate the most is when people(mostly kids)don't even know what they're listening to,so when you ask them "what music do you listen to"they say "dunno everything,britney,jay lo,linkin park,eminem" etc..darn how i hate that

I listen to Absolutely everything! Except rap and country that is... cant stand it. My favorite Genre is probably oldies, however, my favorite 2 groups are Weezer and H.I.M. (His Infernal majesty) Neither are oldies groups, but HIM does do a good version of Blue Oyester Cult's "Don't fear the Reaper"

I listen to mainly Alternative rock, j-rock and j-pop. I listen to anything really. As long as it has nothing to do with sex -__-;;;; or robery... geez... that probably counts as all rap songs XD

:lol: I am one of the few people you will meet that pretty much listens to everything. I am not a huge fan of rap but there are a few songs that I do like. I also am not a huge fan of really heavy metal but if you catch me in the right mood I love it. I mostly listen to the stuff you find on most radios. I guess you call it pop. I love the stuff from the 80s. Considering that I grew up in the 80s that is not that surprising. Alot of the stuff from the 90s is not bad either. I also like some of today's music. I am pretty well rounded cause I also like blues, country, and everything else in between. :rolleyes: Beth

I don't have a specific taste. I like all music that sounds good to me, whether that be rock, indie or any other music.However, some types of music e.g. POP is really annoying. Not even the best of bands can make cool pop music.

I listen to Absolutely everything! Except rap and country that is... cant stand it. My favorite Genre is probably oldies, however, my favorite 2 groups are Weezer and H.I.M. (His Infernal majesty) Neither are oldies groups, but HIM does do a good version of Blue Oyester Cult's "Don't fear the Reaper"

152319[/snapback]

I do tend to have some specific stuff but tend to listen to a huge variety. As for rap, ever hear of Akon? He has some pretty clean stuff that is classified as rap, I highly recommend listening to "The Ghetto." You can see a music video of it on launch.

As for country, there's this one about "it's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you... it's what you leave behind you when you go." Can't recall the name or the artist but it's really good.

I like punk like Lifehouse, a lot of Christian oriented stuff like Mercy Me and Newsboys, Creed I forget which genre it's counted as... I like a lot of arena rock, boston has some good stuff. Pop, hard rock, you name it.

I like instrumentals like Classical Gas, Cliffs of Dover, and Sandstorm (also techno).

I'll also listen to some of the quietest stuff you've ever heard like Only Time by Enya or Cindi Lauper's Time After Time.

There's one called Dragostea Din Tei that starts off sounding like opera and I like that too :rolleyes:http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles/joeAR20Din%20tei.mp3

My one big bias lies towards stuff with profanity or vulgar thoughts in it, which is why I don't tend to like rap or heavy metal in most cases, but it's the lyrics I tend to be opposed to, when I find the exceptions that have clean lyrics I tend to like them.

Of course I jam to hip-hop.. All day and everyday.. It gets no better. I love listening to Mariah Carey, Babyface, Nas, Whitney Houston (b4 the drugs), Alicia Keys.. List goes on. But I really despise artists who have no talent whats so ever but people just like them: Ciara (no-singing self, all she can do is dance), Ashanti (she can't do anything), Nelly (sings on every song, but he claims he's a rap artist), Ja Rule (same as nelly), Jay-z (Has a great business mind, but he stole a lot of rapper's lines), Cam'ron (stutters on song and say words wrong)..Certain southern rappers need to quit to and learn english.

I listen to anything but ©RAP, Country, and most Hip Hop.My favourite band is Linkin Park, who do rap, but not a lot, which is why I like them.I also enjoy a lot of techno music, The Chemical Brothers, Laziest Men On Mars, Eiffel 65, and even Moby.And I like oldies songs.Especially Jazz.I love Jazz, and I love "Baker Street".

Music eh? I'm more of a alternative rock person and with some gothic bands included.My favourite bands (at the moment - they keep changing) have to be Lacuna Coil, Scars of Life, Shinedown, Saliva and Chevelle. My favourite song at the moment is 'Half a week before the winter' by Vanessa Carlton. The lyrics are different and you don't understand what the song's about straight away. I just love the soothing sound of the piano in the background.

I'm a type of person who listen to a little bit of everything. I mostly list to Rap/Hip Hop/R&B and Pop.

Rap/Hip Hop- I listen to this solely for the purpose that I can go to a party and actually dance to it.

Hip Hop/R&B- This is the stuff I listen by myself. Most (not all) is actually meaniful in its own way.

Pop- I like some artist in this category (Lindsay Lohan, for example) but some (Hilary Duff, Aaron Carter, so on and so forth) just need to sit down some where because they can't sing. Also, a pet peeve of mine is when a Hip Hop artist is categorized as a Pop artist because their not. They always claim Hip Hop. :rolleyes:.

My favorite artists include: Christina Aguilera, Christina Milian, Lindsay Lohan, Akon (I love 'Mr. Lonely'), Mariah Carey, Good Charlotte, Joss Stone, Alicia Keys, Ciara, Destiny's Child, Nelly and even the oldies like the Temptations and the Five Heart Beats. Old School is the best school, as my parents would say. :lol:.

I think I've posted here before, not quite sure.. anyways since the last time i've posted in a topic like this I've totally changed my 'thing' lolI'm into all that ska,alt and rock stuff.. but not proper hard metal though. I hate all that screaming stuff... it does my head in and THAT is NOT called singing.. no affence. I still like all the 'other stuff' though. I'm a mixed person I like a bit of anything..I even listen to classical music before I go to sleep, lol... :rolleyes: