xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Best Media Player WMP, WinAMP, etc

Hey guys..Here something I wanna find out...I know alot of peopl out there are using WinAMP..For me, I'm using Windows Media Player, since it's already included with Windows, why bother to download another player which does the same thing...So I wanna ask people out there which player you are using, and why...I wanna know what's so good about WinAMP over Windows Media Player...

I'm using WinAmp version 2.80, because this version is small, and has everything I need right at my fingertips. Shortcuts, Playlist editor, and sound Equilizer. You'd have to click a dozen (or more) times to get some of the features on WinAmp up on your Windows Media Player.

But Windows Media Player can just do all that as well...A few more clicks doesn't really matter as long as it still works and the user still gets the same effects..

I use iTunes for music because it enables you to edit a lot of information about each track - title, album, year, bit rate, BPM, genre, play count, date added etc.

I use winamp 5 for numerous reasons. For one, it takes less cpu than windows media player which is nice when using it while playing a high quality and system intense game. Another reason is the visualizations are soooo much better. Plus, you can make the visualizations your background. Finally, the last real reason is use it is because of the number of plugin and addins that are available and useful for it like a volume leveler or dee 2 (used to increase quality of music similar to dfx but better) and such. Also, editing and searching media files is much quicker than windows media player. Hope this helps

Still also for Windows Media Player, it's able to edit a lot of information about each track...

Hey, whaddaya know? You're right! I've never really looked into WMP before but it does seem to have much the same functionality as iTunes (with the added ability to play video). But I've got used to iTunes now so I'll be sticking with it. Also, one feature WMP doesn't appear to have is the ability to export your playlists to a .txt or xml file.

FOOBAR2000 is the player for me.Not only can it play music, but it has more features, addons, and components than you could ever believe.I don't know the website for it, but you could find it at google.com by searching..

I use winamp 5 for numerous reasons. For one, it takes less cpu than windows media player which is nice when using it while playing a high quality and system intense game. Another reason is the visualizations are soooo much better. Plus, you can make the visualizations your background. Finally, the last real reason is use it is because of the number of plugin and addins that are available and useful for it like a volume leveler or dee 2 (used to increase quality of music similar to dfx but better) and such. Also, editing and searching media files is much quicker than windows media player. Hope this helps

146438[/snapback]

Windows Media Player is also able to save Playlist in several formats...

Simply by clicking File and point to "Save Now Playing List As..."

Windows Media Player is also able to save Playlist in several formats...Simply by clicking File and point to "Save Now Playing List As..."

You quoted the wrong person. And WMP only exports as playlist files (.wpl, .m3u). Sometimes it's handy to have that info in a text-based format.

Oh I didnt reliased I quoted the wrong person... Apologies...As for the playlist, all are texted-based, just open then in a Text Editor and you can see all the codes...I agree Windows Media Player cannot export as XML, but what's so special in XML since WinAmp is also able to save playlist as m3u likewise Windows Media Player...

Im using WMP 10, its got a great theme and easy to the eye. Very easy to handle music in a library and create playlists. WMP has got good features as well, and many plugins that can be downloaded, such as quick nero plugin that burns the music in a playlist in a click of a button. And an MSN messenger 7 plugin that shows what song is being played on ur msn name. very nice... much better than Nero i think. If used Nero once and never used it again. but thats just me..

As for the playlist, all are texted-based, just open then in a Text Editor and you can see all the codes...

Ah well, you got me again. Gonna have to stop now or it's gonna become a habit. :rolleyes: