xisto Community
jose_a1

The Curse Of Michael Jordan. Will be basketball ever be the same again?

I am a football(soccer) and basketball fan and the only reason I watched basketball is because of Michael Jordan. Right now I'm pretty disappointed. So far, no one has filled the void that this super star left. So many players such as Vince Carter, Michael Finley, Alen Iverson and lately Lebron James have been labeled the next Jordan but no one has fulfilled expectations. When will the next Michael ever come? When will the time come when we will feel good about playing basketball again?

Michael Jordan is who he is because there is none that can be like him. He is the legend. And because there will never be someone like him in the future, he is the Michael Jordan. If the next great player can be just like MJ, talks like MJ, looks like MJ and play basketball like MJ, the real MJ would be forgotten and placed on a page of history. I for one am glad that MJ cannot be replace. Any expectation from the next super player would be, ?can you be better than MJ?? Playing just like MJ would mean that MJ was the best a player ever can be. I don?t believe that. I want to see a player who is going to be better than MJ, who jumps farther, who scores the most, who gives his 200% to the game and not taking the time off to pursuit his singing career. :lol:

Michael Jordan is too great as a player so that no one can take place the great time.as you known he is really the goat(great of all time) in sports field.we fans only appreciate and respect he ,which is no need to wait next jordan coming out.with time going on,more and more good basketball player could perform themselver very well to fans.Jordan as a symbol of sports man,the spirit will advances them to improve and get perfect.

Just because Michael Jordan is gone doesn't mean basketball is dead. I think that is a terrible way to look at this. Sure he was the best all around player, but every player in the game right now has his own strengths as well. There are players who are better defensively, better shooters, better ball handlers, better freethrow shooters etc. The list goes on. I think you should appreciate the players for their strengths, and just have fun whether you are playing or watching. Thats the whole point of sports like basketball anyway. Besides, why do you want another Jordan? It would be a lot better if somebody brought something new to the table, rather than matching him.

Somebody will come along eventually who will outdo him, they always do in sports. If you think in terms of world records, some last longer than others and the longer they last, the more impossible to overcome they seem, but they all fall to someone new eventually. The problem with the MJ question is that it's more about a subjective opinion on how good he was than any cold hard statistics so you will always get people who will argue in his favour no matter how good the new guys are.

I'm pretty sure he tried that a few years ago with like the Wizards or some team. It didn't work out so well, although he would play like half the game and still get 20 pts.

144036[/snapback]

Yeah, I think he missed a lot of shots though and they were just trying to get him the ball, make it or not.

Me, I don't mind seeing basketball going downhill since it means more people will watch or play baseball, right? -_-

Also, I read this article a while back about how Michael Jordan is very content and happy with his new sport... dirt bike racing :P Seriously, apparently he raced as a kid and got into it again, he is more of the guy who funds racers but will race himself from what I heard.

I remember the old days with Jordan, Hakeem the Dream, Clyde the Glide...but nowadays, the teams seem to be losing their luster. Good thing Houston has T-Mac or we'd be utterly lost -_-Also, I think you meant "the legacy of Michael Jordan", not curse. Because that would be freaking creepy @_@

Michael Jordan has been raised up to a really high standard. Granted, in his time playing basketball, he has earned his place among the great ones. He definitely was one of the best players the game has ever seen, leading the Bulls to several wins over the other teams.He has accomplished a lot, but it's the way of things that there's eventually going to be someone better than you are at what you do. A lot of people have been built up as being the next Michael Jordan, athletes such as LeBron James, but they haven't really lived up to the hype. However, I believe there will be another Michael Jordan, and that there won't. Someone down the line will be as talented as Jordan, and he will probably be known as "The Next Michael Jordan," but it won't stop there. Someone is bound to outdo even His Airness, and then we'll soon be referring to people as "The Next whoever" (Not really whoever, but I don't know who the guy is yet :P)But yes, we will see a new Michael Jordan, but we never know who it will be. I mean, did we know how big his legacy would become when he first started playing in the NBA? I'd be willing to wager not. All we can do is sit back, and watch the games, and let the players show us who it is -_-

Michael Jordan has been raised up to a really high standard. Granted, in his time playing basketball, he has earned his place among the great ones. He definitely was one of the best players the game has ever seen, leading the Bulls to several wins over the other teams.

He has accomplished a lot, but it's the way of things that there's eventually going to be someone better than you are at what you do. A lot of people have been built up as being the next Michael Jordan, athletes such as LeBron James, but they haven't really lived up to the hype. However, I believe there will be another Michael Jordan, and that there won't. Someone down the line will be as talented as Jordan, and he will probably be known as "The Next Michael Jordan," but it won't stop there. Someone is bound to outdo even His Airness, and then we'll soon be referring to people as "The Next whoever" (Not really whoever, but I don't know who the guy is yet :D)

But yes, we will see a new Michael Jordan, but we never know who it will be. I mean, did we know how big his legacy would become when he first started playing in the NBA? I'd be willing to wager not. All we can do is sit back, and watch the games, and let the players show us who it is :)

174251[/snapback]

Yeah, the people who'd lived long enough probably just saw Jordan as the next Wilt Chamberlain :D

i have that luck to live in his era, when he left basket i was really sad because i knew that never nobody will play basket so elegant. NBA constantly goes down from that moment and its big question will it be ever on that level like in Jordan's time