xisto Community
Fun4TheMoney

Paypal Scam Warning! New email attempt to hack your account

yah i received the same email when i first saw what it i thought what the heck and i thought tha some idiot used my email address to creat a paypal account so i just left it in my spam bin and it's been there for a long while i guess i should just delete it now.

how solve the problem,i suggested paypal should not use "email" (the real paypal owner) as a paypal accountbut use "ID" as a paypal account, then everyone could receive or transfer the money to other paypal with their paypal "ID".

... or have each member have a paypal inbox where thy can get all their emails. As for conltacting us they can just use some kind of ntification to tell you taht you have email n your paypal inbox. These notifications will come to ur regular email account

I don't quite understand how you guys get all these scam emails. I read through the replies and a lot of you seem to be getting them. Maybe it's due to things you sign up to or something? I use gmail and I put my email out publicly all the time. I get spam from one company, and that's because I signed up for it. Other than that everything goes straight to junk mail...Maybe you guys should consider a new email client to keep you from having to deal with that stuff, :D.

OMG! i got one of those emails a while ago! and was about to fill in my imformation when i told myself.. hey self the message was sent to your spam folder, and to an email adress where you dont have a paypal account?.. there must be a reason why? haha and then i looked at the adress, and was like ZOMG! omgad spam.. lol, since im a huge myspace person, i know that people try to use fake log in pages to get your log in info and hack you :Dyay for me and checking the dumb url

I don't quite understand how you guys get all these scam emails. I read through the replies and a lot of you seem to be getting them. Maybe it's due to things you sign up to or something? I use gmail and I put my email out publicly all the time. I get spam from one company, and that's because I signed up for it. Other than that everything goes straight to junk mail...
Maybe you guys should consider a new email client to keep you from having to deal with that stuff, :D.

haha i have gmail too, and just recently got my domains email hacked or something, so i was sent over 600 messages so far.. of spam, like 100 actually made it to my inbox, but other than that, if i get some kind of spam, i know i got myself into it, but signing up for stuff, or actually filling out those little ads.. i think they are fun to fill out? zooomg hahaha

I just forwarded a paypal spoof email to paypal yesterday. This scam alerts you that there are suspicious activities and charges on your credit card with paypal. They provide a link to their site so you can log in and view your acct. info. Their url is not paypal, though paypal is part of it. I didn't go beyond that point, but I'm sure they would require you to input your credit card info. to verify your identity for security reasons.They're getting very good at spoofing sites. And no, they didn't address me by name. Just a fake acct. number.

If you don't have the common sense to restrict giving out your personal information and pw to some unknown individual claiming they are affiliated with a internet organization then you don't have the responsibility to use such services as Paypal. In reality, its sad but you really can not trust everyone you communicate with.