xisto Community
ARNEL

60 Seconds Countdown That Shutdown The Pc Problem in computer that automatically restart COMPUTER

I encountered this bugs or what 6 months ago, untill now still gives me a headache. I don't know if it is a virus, problem in windows services or what but honestly I cant fix it. What it does is, it's gives you an error message saying blahh blahh...with a timer of 60 seconds, when the timer reached 0 it will automatically restart your computer.

It's a virus which seems to be called the blaster virus. Removal instructions and information on the virus can be found here:

http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Protect_Your_PC/Blaster_Virus.html

143059[/snapback]

It didn't work, I run the blaster fixer already twice on my computer but nothing was happen, no blaster virus was detected... is there any virus same as blaster??

I checked the links you gave me and i will try to fix that thing again I will follow the instructions there and maybe he can kick the virus out of my sight.  thanks for the info men...  :lol:

it is possible that u have a bug in your system. if the message title says that it is an problem by windows u can the best back-up all ur stuff and format the disk and reinstall the computer.Also u can try if u dont get the message from windows or u dont want to reinstall the pc, u can try registry mechanic from pctools.com. it fixs registry errors who can create bugs. hope it works...

What OS do you have? If you have 2000 or XP you can restore your PC. Since 6 months is ages I don't think this is doable. Have you got a professional in to fix it?

If this has been going on for about 6 months, check to see what you have installed since then or downloaded anything before you began recieving this error. Assuming you have run a virus scan, it could be something else imbedded. Check for spyware or adware. Also, if you haven't, make sure you run all Windows updates. If there is a security issue this may help, and if there is a known error in the code, perhaps MS has a patch for it.

There is one virus like blaster, newer but i don't remeber how it calls, anyway, get nod32 and update it, when you computer gives you that message go to start open command promt and write shutdown -a i think that is right and the timer will stop :lol: After that you can easily clean your system with a nod32 which is small and fast and maybe one of the best antivirus software;)

A windows service has probably encountered an error, and is set to request a system restart!

Please try to do the following:

Right click on "My Computer", select "Manage".

1) Select the "+" sign next to "Services and Applications" to expand it

2) Select "services", a large list should appear on the right side

3) Now, it's your turn... Right click EVERY item from that list (one at a time, of course) and select "Properties"

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

Here is what you should look for when you select "Properties" in every item:

1) Click on the recovery tab

Make sure that none of the combo boxes (First failure, Second Failure and Subsequent failure) don't contain the word "Restart the computer"!

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

To avoid a restart while doing this, keep the command prompt window on (To start it, click Start>Run and type "cmd", without the quotes, and click run) and type "shutdown -a" to stop the timer, like "Someone" said.

hi, I'am bot sure what the name is, but it can confirmed that my computer infected before. you may download a trial of norman or norton anti-virus, both of it will fix it. another option would be cleanup it mannuallyl. this virus have 1 to 2 files within windows system32 folder, have a look if some file are ranging the date your problems occur. if it did, open the task manager and download the free process explorer here to check processes that are not microsoft specific. dont forget some would be hidden, so check it with process explorer also, and kill all that processes.when you kill the right processes, you system will not be restarted, here after you can rename the file you guess it be virus to a new name(dont worry, just rename, after all, if winxp can't start, you can use recovery console to get it back. (note: the virus files may be hidden or not, depends on it designer, due to this, use /a )more than that, I recommended that you dont use administrator right account to do daily task, yes, as you guess, use a normal user acount to that. when you want do something else, use runas or fast user switch or logout / login methodI use the first one, it runs fine, and last thing, enabled your default internet connection firewall or installed a third-pary.- hope this help

huh...lots of good ways above.however you should stop its automatic restart in 60s first.to achieve this you would use run command from start menu.by typing shutdown.exe -a to cancel the automatic restart which will happen after 1 minute.then you should download the concern pack to prevent your os.right,like what cmatcmextra said,it is blaster virus.

now offering some effective method to deal with your problem:

1.to find the virus in command window:

c:\windows\dir msblast.exe /s/p

after find it and delete

2.clear up the value in registery

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\windows autoupdate\msblast.exe

3.first to filter your pc port by antivirus

including 139/TCP netbios_ssn

139/UDP netbios_ssn

445/TCP microsoft_ds

445/UDP microsoft_ds

593/TCP http_rpc_epmap

then close these ports completely

444/TCP; 69/UDP; 35/TCP

4.eventually over the service DCOM in services.msc

that's all.

good luck! :P

Ive had that message a few times..before i got my internet security. thing is i just ended the program form the task manager and it went away..then my resoloution setting got mucked up...and buy any chance...if you guys have expeirienced this..does this virus by any chance delete a config file in system32 ? im just curious cus i had a few problems with my pc a few years ago..i just wanna know what it was all about.

This topic is pretty old, i'll just post my solution on this since noone posted the real information about this.In windows XP, you are being attacked by a worm from another PC on your network. It is exploiting an XP Service, shutting down your PC after 60 seconds. Microsoft knew about this and released a service pack to fix this.The geniune solution is to Install the Service packs for XP. Even if you are not infected by the worm, you can be attacked remotely and no anti virus program can detect that if you are not connected to the internet (Since new AV programs traps remote attacks).

how to clear rundll.exe file

60 Seconds Countdown That Shutdown The Pc

While starting up my pc a dialogue box is appearing like windows cant open the rundll.Exe file this box appearing each and every time while I'm starting up my pc pls help me to solve this problem.

-question by saranya.Are