xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LalalaMe

Steam Why...

Why does the cs homepage pop up every time I try to connect to a game server, its so frustrating on every single one it does that-reply by ethan

Steam ClientSteam

Hell most of the time the Steam Client wont even start up for me!

And I have one of the higher end machines too, I play on a dual screen setup, with both Far Cry 2, and Fallout 3 at the same time on max graphics, with an avg frame rate of well over 70/sec.But nooo... When I want to play some of my "Steam" games I have to load up the little piece of **** first... And since it wont even ****ing load,  I cant play.*** happened to the good old days where you can just load up the game and play without needing to go through a bloody client? I can understand the companies want anti piracy, and for online games, then by all means, but for SP games? Come on!

If only the guys at Steam would listen to the user comments instead of sitting on their screens and thinking, "hmmm wonder what we can do to improve steam, I know, we'll give it more interactivity!" We don't want ****ing interactivity, I just want to play the games I purchased with my hard earned MONEY!!

All in all **** YOU STEAM!! 

-reply by Malavern

I hate Steam, periodSteam

steam sucks, there are no good points if you talk to someone who has had problems, like lots of people have.

my problem is dialup. It said I had to download something for 13 HOURS no less just so I could play FEAR2, *** is with that?? I had the two disks it came with brand new out of box. Well, being on dialup I could have tortured my system for a few days, but opted out and found someone with high speed, now it says it will take 3 HOURS  before I can play the freaking game.

this is an outrage, its disturbing and it doesn't warn you on the box...They are crooks, what are they exactly doing to my computer during these 3 hours, snooping? sabotage? makes you really wonder, not to mention, really pissed off that you can't play a game you paid over $50 dollars for!

steam is a steaming pile, period.

-reply by I Hate Steam

Why you have steam? Steam is good because lots of cheats don't work.

Although I have to say cheats/hacks are being developed by people all the time to bypass Steam's VAC Secure system. At least every month we see people with hacks that can bypass VAC, which I find insanely stupid. Steam does eventually patch the Steam Client so these hacks can not be used, but hacks/cheats will still be produced, it will never end.

Spent 13 hours downloading the FEAR 2 update, baught the game, after 2 hours of installing steam clients and 40 kinds of verifications I want to play. Guess what? Manual patching doesnt work with STEAM no no, I have to redownload THIER version of the update, not to mention I cant even play the game I paid for before I have done so. Looking foward to the next 13 hours, last time I ever spend money on a game that has anything remotely to do with STEAM's crap. This is supposed to stop people from pirating? ROFL, yeah whatever helps you sleep at night.

I hate steamSteam

I hate steam as well, I mostly hate it because you cant mod them games on steam, hell if I cant mod it I would have geting the game for PS3 or Xbox 360, and here is a good question "How can you tell if the game needs Steam before you buy it from a game store?"

-reply by Davidheat1088

I prefer not using steam whenever I can, but I really have nothing bad to say about the service. I simply don't trust it maintaining my rights to the software I buy, especially seeing as how it has to be maintained through the Steam system and how the offline mode is a joke when it comes to controlling your games without an internet connection.Yeah yeah, I know, we're fast approaching the next decade and concerns about having sufficient offline services seems antiquated, but I come from a background in IT where I feel you can never be too prudent or careful in regards to your system, your software, and the flexibility your have regarding the two. You never know when you may lose internet for whatever reason, or have to rebuild your OS entirely due to a catastrophe. Furthermore, there's no guarantee that Steam will stick around for the long haul, and if it were to disappear or go offline, what could you do about the games you bought through it? That's hardly something anybody has to worry about at this moment, but I'm just saying.

What I like about steam is that if you lost your CD somewhere in your house, got new computer, or reformat your computer, it will always be in your account. What I don't like about steam is that it takes long to login, takes long to join a server, friend list usually go offline by itself, and hackers.Their anti-hack isn't that good much. Only if they can catch all hacks people been using and just ban those who hacks. So that way it'll be funner to play.

why steam was made.......Steam

hi my name is david and I'm a totale war fan all was will be tell I got the new on empire totale war and I read the box and I knew I had to be on the net to play but no one said u had to download that dam thing and I'm on dail-up so u know how I feel I never got to play my new game bc it took to bloody long and I think the person that made steam should be shot! will I tried to take the dam game back will they would not take the ****er back bleh so I figer I try to call the company will that did not work ether they was going to send me the same copy lmfao u think that really would help so I got a game that don't work on dail up I can't wait tell someone post the game online so I can get it that way will peace u all steam hater I hope u all are smart and write to steam how stupid they are like I did bc if they get get a lot of letter with the same proable they will fix it where u can just play the game with out using steam...

-reply by davidanit-steam

I'm beginning to hate Steam.

I only have time a few hours each week to play games, and everytime I open Steam, it starts updating either the games or Steam itself.. It is usually done updating about the same time I run out of time at the pc. It feels like I spend all my precious personal spare time servicing some harddisc-consuming beast, rather than actually playing any games.

-reply by Retardo

Why are the game companys going to Steam ?Steam

Does any one know why so many game companys are going to steam? I like everyone else on this thread also have had nothing but frustration using steam I try to ovoid it as much as I can but lately maney of my favorite games all seem to be giong to steam. If this keeps up I going to just stop buying computer games altogether. Has anyone heard if their was ever any type of consomer legal action taken against Steam?

-reply by Dogface

I'm beginning to hate Steam.
I only have time a few hours each week to play games, and everytime I open Steam, it starts updating either the games or Steam itself.. It is usually done updating about the same time I run out of time at the pc. It feels like I spend all my precious personal spare time servicing some harddisc-consuming beast, rather than actually playing any games.

-reply by Retardo

Exactly. I also hate the way Steam pre-loads new games (or at least, the bad ones it's trying to flog) onto my not-installed list.. That, and everything else Steam represents, like forcing players to go online to play offline games, and overcharging wildly for products when bought separately!

The reason I hate steam .... It makes me update a game that I want to play single player, and runs fine on my computer. ... It makes me update games I have never played and don't want to play and was given free! .... If I delete the games I never wanted it replaces them .... making me wait even longer to play single player!!! ..... frankly I get so sick of it I don't even want to play when it finally starts..... and I will never buy a steam game again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I have fast internet and fast computer(I made it fast so I don't have to wait, this waiting on them using MY computer just Irks me to no end!!!)