xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LalalaMe

Steam Why...

I personally don't see any problem with Steam, at all. I am running a 64 bit, Windows 7 system and I get naught problems with Steam.... actually I get more problems with msn messenger than the Steam application. I really love the steam application due to its features, capable to re-download games you have purchased from their digital library, even if your computer was wiped or something on those lines. Also it allows you simple access to other players across the globe. Well, I guess this is only my experience with the software. I just really get no errors with it, never had it crashed or froze on me. Right now i just finished getting GTA 4 off steam, yes a game which is 14-16 GB big... no problems at all.

Why do some people hate steam...I reckon its fun, what do you think?

I hate steam. They need to fire or use fire on whoever created it. Because of steam, when then internet is down in your area; you can't play games that require steam to run. It's forcing you to use a client that every user doesn't need. I almost never play any multiplayer and I do not care at all what achievements other people have or whether they know what mine are. I just want to to play my damn games without this buggy crap that required searching through threads just to get it installed.

Why do some people hate steam...I reckon its fun, what do you think?

I discovered that I hate Steam the very first time I was ever forced to use it. I bought Dawn of War II and, despite having a DVD with the game data on it, I was forced to download the entire product from Steam. Wait, what? Then why did I just go and buy a physical product for the game?

But yes, I had no choice but to download it from Steam...the DVD was irrelevant. Oh, and that's when it entered me into a download queue that had a projected 27 hour wait time. WHAT?

Then after numerous reboots I finally managed to get Steam to start downloading the game (again, why did I buy a physical DVD if i'm not going to use it?).

So a few days later the internet goes down so that the ISP can do work in the area...but...oh...now I can't play Dawn of War II, because I'm not connected to the internet.

Are you kidding me? I can't play a friggin' product that I bought with my money and installed on my computer because I'm not online feeding all my usage data to Steam? And no, "Offline Mode" didn't work. Steam, Valve and the M$ machine can go to Hell. Steam is the worst thing to come about in years. There is officially no more privacy or actual ownership of the product you get. You're basically just paying a usage fee for a product you can only use a few times.

Steam is more hacked than a Somalian forest. It is the greediest work i have ever seen next to the Goverment. There has not been a good game to come out since steam bought all the developers and did all the work of selling themself, making devs. rich fat and lazy knowing their crap will sell just from media hype.too bad it takes a majority to change things and the majority of steam members are children that cant type.