xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LalalaMe

Steam Why...

Steam is awsome. Any problems you may have with steam I can guarantee it is all due to your own computers instability and illegal downloading.-chuck

Steam plain sucks... I've had real problems since October of 2006, when steam did a graphics update (or something), and now in every game, I get lad. I'll be playing there and, in the middle of a game, it will just freeze (the graphics, not me) for about three seconds... Once it's done with that, the graphics will update to where I actually am, and my player will lag in that spot for half a second. Gets really annoying... I've had support tickets going since Oct, 2006, but they don't care to fix a major problem if it's only effecting about 5% of the users.

It's real simple. Steam punishes good, paying customers. Nothing else needs to be said. Here we have thousands of reports of people buying games multiple times just so they can play the game!! Stop. Right. There. That means the entire system is flawed. They accepted a base parameter that was false and are too greedy and stupid to deal with it. That's all that matters. When a customer pays me money, I deliver on my promises. Valve via Steam does NOT. This is coming from someone who was genuinely impressed by the technology and performance. I paid money, got the games and loved it. About two weeks into using Steam it took a dump on me. Their support is **** (does ANYONE argue that point?) and, as a paying customer, you have no recourse. I have wasted HOURS of my valuable time trying to get their crap to work. I'll stick with companies that don't screw their paying customers. It's obvious they don't give a rats *bottom* about it at Valve. They've become too big for their own good. I liked it way back when Half-Life Uno first came out. They actually had a kind of support back then. Hate 'em.-Reagan

Well, **** TF2!

Steam

Ok well I purchased TF2 off steam today via click and buy , as currently the solo card is not accepted. And guess what it does. It takes the money twice, and doesn't give me the discount...

Hatred for Steam

Steam

I get a lot of second hand games and swap with mates etc. Steam cancels that.

If they lowered the price of games that would lessen piracy etc. Lessen not stop.

If anything Steam has just invented a new way to copy games etc by being a crap system to use.

Yes I think that Steam is a pretty neat engine and I love the games on it of course. I do hear that people dont like steam but hey that doesn't bother me. It is also pretty cool because you can switch games pretty easily and you can browse for those 3rd-party games as well. The free ones are actually pretty neat. I love that they allowed some free demo downloads as well as insiders. So yeah go steam!

SCrew steam

Steam

Replying to thejesterglSteam I is a load of crap. Too many updates. Complain about a problem and it will probably be fixed in 3 years.

All steam has fixed is the steam design and thats it. So why use steam I don't have steam but I do play CS 1.6 . I don't need any updates. NO BS!

-reply by Artur69x

Personally, I think Steam is such a scam (wont get into that). First I bought the orange box over the internet. It arrived 2 weeks later (not steams fault). But when I finaly did get it, I expected I would just have to install it like any other normal game, BUT NOOO, STEAM COMES IN. I install the games, then have to wait another 5 days to play them, because apparently, buying the game doesnt do it, you have to download huge files off of steam to even play them. Whats the point of even updating if you don't want to? Want if I don't want to wait until it updates to the most recent version? What if I don't want to update it? Why can't I just play the damn games I bought? Because Steam wont let me do what I want. Steam is so flawed that I don't even know why they NEED you to download it. So what its easier updating. I would rather have to go through some bother of updating it instead of having my free gaming will killed. And don't even get me started about the servers. I am, very; very very disappointed. There goes my respect to whoever made this... Monstrosity.

Replying to Trap FeedBackerYou're wrong about STEAM. The majority of people paying good money to play these games are unhappy with Steam. You're right that they might have a slow internet connection, but should they be punished because a company says even though your paid top dollar for this cd, you now have to activate it. More people are leaving their pc keyboards and heading for the game boxes because of companies like valve. I myself will not purchase another game associated with them. I'm tired of jumping through hoops. And if this is such a great system to stop thieft, why are there prices so high? That is the reason the other companies have such high prices, what's Valve's excuse?

Well it all matters on how good you're computer is, the more ram/memory you got the more and more steam will be a stupid background program, but when you got a crappy computer steam can be a pain in the butt. You can minimize some lagg by doing this: Ctrl+Atl+Delete>> Go proccesses>> Go Steam.exe>> Click priority and click below normal.

Replying to Liquid-FusionI personally will never use steam again. I don't care what they put on it.I have an awesome computer with a killer net connection and I am just not going to deal with the horrendous amount of steam problems. Why do you think that HL2 is so popular on consoles... NO STEAM !-reply by Danny

*BLEEP*

Steam

Steam is a bunch of BS, I love my pc but these types of programs piss me off. They are taking an industry and flushing it down the toilet.

I JUST WANNA PLAY MY DAM GAME!

Steam, and Games for Windows live- a bunch of crap! We don't need them.

Thank God for Compainies like Epic, and Even EA. They arnt the pain in the *bottom* like Valve, and Microsoft, they found less invasive ways of controlling the copyright problems.

EA will work with you if you just call.

And Epic don't relly seem to care about copied games, they let everyone online, just wont let to games with the same Key into the same Server... Oh UT3 is Sweet. And best of all NO STEAM.

Did I mention I hate steam.

Plus it wont supprise me if Steam, and GFWL start charging to play online, hell Games for windows live already has!

Steam is awful

Steam

Steam, or better recognized to me as DRM, is simply that, DRM. Companies over the years have come up with all kinds of friendly sugar coated names for DRM. Look at Windows Genuine Advantage.

Nobody likes DRM. Valve executives want money, and nothing more. Buying the game twice? Are you kidding me? Someone should start a class action lawsuit.

-reply by SteamHater

Steam is a freaking resource *BLEEP* or I called it RAM eater. Steam also prevents game piracy. VAC is sucks, it cant detect hackers good. The only thing I like is auto update from steam. It makes our games always updated (no diffrent version between users)