xisto Community
dodgerblue

Make Windows Xp Look Like The Mac Interface You need at least 512MB RAM for this to be functional

I've tried using those programs before, but they have always slowed my PC down just a little too much for my liking. I don't know why but I prefer the Windows 98 Plus themes (currently using the Science theme on my XP machine :rolleyes: ). Nice set of programs if they don't slow your PC down :lol:

you want to do this with less ram and less programs get the program called Aston Shell, more stable then almost any other shell out there and has appx 60+ pages of themes varying from linux emulated themes to dz and gundam wing.

Aston Shell Web Page Here

152136[/snapback]

Have you tried Aston Shell personally? And are you sure that it's a really good alternative to windows shell? And are you sure that your Windows Operating System is still stable?

Have you tried Aston Shell personally? And are you sure that it's a really good alternative to windows shell? And are you sure that your Windows Operating System is still stable?

152141[/snapback]

As a matter of fact Yes I do, on all counts and questions.

It has a built in shell swapper so at any time you simply pull it up tell it windows shell log off then back on and you have your windows shell to use without a problem.

I can post some screenshots if you want me to that show you what mine looks like I have a variety of themes i use with mine but all are unique and interesting in my opinion and I have grown attached to the Gundam Wing Theme I have been using for some time even though it is kind of bright for my tastes.

Any other questions feel free to ask and sorry it took so long for me to reply. Work and such has ben keeping me busy lol.

can't edit posts so here is the screenshot I promised. I switched up from my gundam wing theme to a newer one more along my color tastes lol.

Posted Image

I have added the screenshot as an attachment also

Whoa, could you like scale down the screenshot I can't really see it properly. :PBut it looks kinda cool actually. I just might try Aston Shell... :D

Great tutorial.To make my windows look like mac I used FlyakiteOSXv2.0, its pretty nice but it makes your pc very havy to run.But this windowsblinds I like:p. Gonna create my own

Trystim, that's your desktop?? It looks really nice!Now, does the aston shell make windows into a mac with every mac feature such as the dock bar? If so, then I might try it....

I'm interested in chaning the look of my desktop. What programs would people advise? I've seen alot of clashing opinions so i'm not too sure. I'm new to all this aswell so, is it complicated at all to set up?What extra features do these programs offer to the desktop?

As a windows lover and a MAC hater why would you want to emulate a Mac interface its horrible i got to admit iTunes is the best media player and i have been using it for years keep up the posting guys let sgte out hosting <_<