xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puppeter

I Hate Dial-up Arghhhhhhh dial-up problems

You have the right idea. it took me 10 minutes :D to get to the forum! my internet has an average speed of 28 kbps! my dad bouhgt himself a 2,000 dollar go-cart last month and he says we can't afford hi speed internet. Blablabla thats all i hear from him now!

i have dial up and with runescape it loses connection how can i fix this

I Hate Dial-up Arghhhhhhh

When I am on runescape I lose connection a lot and I only have runescape up and nothing is downloaded on my computer.

-Eliot Del Longo

I have DSL that acts like dial-up a lot...I still remember back in the day when an MP3 had an average download time of 2 hours... and I was happy with that. :) As for the person that wanted 100GB/s speeds... we now have fiber. But be prepared to shell out more moola for more bandwidth... I believe Verizon's FiOS now offers 30MB/s bandwidth at the consumer level for most urban areas, although I believe that you may be shelling out $50 a month for that, up to $80/mo for 50MB/s.

yup i have dsl and forced to use netzero dial up sometime when my computer acts up.. and it goes SUPER slow. I dont know if its the computer i use or just the dial-up connection because when i used nocharge it ran pretty good for a while

I used to have dial-up and it's really bad!!! I also hate it, now with my DSL, I'm happy, my DSL isn't so fast it's 256Kbps but it isn't slow, u know, Dial-up is always going down and it's really bad, a simple songs takes hours!!! Hmmm...u should consider buying DSL.

Lol, Dial-up is funny. I'm so glad I don't have Dial-up. I've got broadband so i'm alright :). Unlucky mate :( You should really get a good internet connection. Anything is better then dial-up.

Its true dude but you can't expect more from a dial-up connection.I myself hve a dial-up connection but dude I would like to use this one and not to switch to DSL because my net connection is completely free from 11:00 pm-8:00 pm and When I have to download a big software or program or torrent then I download at night and If its too big then I keep my net connection running during that entire period.Approx 700 mb gets downloaded in 11 days.

When I had dial-up, I had patience. :)Now I have a high-speed connection. Now I don't have patience. This is the upside to having a dial-up connection, because you aren't as ticked you don't have high speed internet. But after you have a high speed internet connection, the effect is magnified and it's not worth it unfortunately.

I hate the though of dial-up we use to have it but we have broadband now and when i first used broardband i was like WOW! it was incredibly fast compared to dial-up and same here we could only go on at certain time because of dialing up it is a pain in the but having to do all of that stuff .Kind regards, Jordan

Hey ppl, although I am using a Broadbnd but I feel that dial-ups are much better. 1. you can get access anywhere, if you have a telephone connection at your disposal 2. although the speed is very slow, but you get a unique IP address every time you dial, which is at times useful ^_^ 3. It can be secured to an extent which you can never get with broadband. I wish I still had a Dial-up connection :P p.s. Its just my opinion

I hated Dial-Up until our connection was switched to Satelite. Our Satelite service is horrible. Its no faster than Dial-Up used to be but it costs a fair bit more. Atleast with Dial-Up you can listen to a funky tune while your connecting... :)

Who likes dial up? Everyone hates it. I used dialup for 4 years. It gives me the worst experience. And about the phones bills, my god. They were nightmares for me. And I tried to connect from my mobile phone. And that too slow. Hours and hours for even a small file. The only best experience is, due to its worst speed, I learned many things and found some useful softwares to speed up my connection. Recently, I changed to Broadband(ADSL) connection. The speed is upto 2mbps. Amazing. I never thought that internet could be this much exciting. Downloads in minutes. Super fast browsing. And many......I Love Broadband. And I hate dialup.

Hello!Hehehe, it reminds me of good old time! When I was not really using internet a lot and I was using 56k dialup :) ... Believe it or not, I swiched to DSL about 4 months ago for the first time since I needed to use it often for my projects and studies. And now, I am kinda getting online more and more, but still not much free time left unfortunately =(.But yes, gotta love 56k dialup =D I never found anything that can help to accelerate it unless you branch it to a DSL to make it 64k lolWell, good luck!Tim.