xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Choose One: Free Domain Name Or Free Hosting They both require to post on forum

What would you rather have?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have seen many packages advertised and now I am getting curious if I made the right decision.

So I leave this up to you hosting members and like. Which would you rather have: Free Domain Name or Free Hosting Service?

Now there IS a prerequisite for these freebies:

Free Domain Name

--You are required to post 3,000 posts to keep your name, whatever the name and domain it is, otherwise you lose it (ref: quarrel.net)

Free Hosting Service

--You are required to post very similar to Xisto forum.

Now my future poll would be (if someone else doesn't already snatch my idea) to run a poll with selections such as:

I rather have free domain name and PAY for hosting

or

I rather have free hosting service and PAY for domain name.

Then followed by:

How much is too much for Domain Name or monthly hosting service charge?

3,000 posts to keep your name

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's Fcking bad abuse of yourself!

when some one called for free top level domain I always wanna say":

If you really wanna do some business or some important why you don't bought a domain belongs to yourself? the wohise information is all of yours but not the resellers's.

If you are not do something important or business you REALLY NEEDN"T the top level domain!

DNS domain is enough!

DON"T accept the Free domain they give to you! You must be sorrow after some years you used it.

Notice from whyme:
don't swear.

Notice from snlildude87:
Fixed whyme's BBCode

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

LOL

I'd like to clarify that 3,000 posts are required per yearly.

According to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (referred by another thread), you can have free domain name with Q$6,000. Each of your posting or reviews will earn you Q$2. So, when you divide 6000/2 = 3,000 per year.

I hope guangdian wasn't cussing at me for my silly polling.

well, I'm the moderator of that site so you can ask me... The main purpose of that is to award regular members... If you play their game MediWar, you will have lots to talk about and can easily get Q$6000... They also offer a .info domain for Q$1500( which is around 750 post )... However, you can received Q$ by entering contest, trading with others members and stuff like that... Even sometimes members there organise Arcade tournament which will awards you with Q$!! So it's pretty easy to earn Q$ there and playing RPG Inferno and trade inferno gold for Q$ with members is also possible...

I wanna say : if i employ a worker to do this ugly job of posting or referal I will pay for him at least 1000 top level domains / year. what do you think abt that?

Well, I'm not those kind of referring guy but share gd stuff with ppl... I'm just a moderator there ( username: hype) and job is to moderate topics there, just telling it here only to give you guys an idea of it... I've search for free domain names as well in the past few weeks, but found a few quite impossible...

it depends on the service you get. Xisto does a good job of delivering what they offer. and in that case i would much rather have the free web hosting. it would be more expensive to pay for the space rather than the domain name. though, seeing how my personal experience has been with quite a few other free servers before, the amount of downtime and re-uploading all my files wasn't worth it. if i hadn't found this place i would have had to pay for something. plus to me i'm fine being on a subdomain. if it's really important to you to have your personalized domain, fine.i think more than MAX $10 x year is too much for domain naming.for monthly space, anything over $50 is outrageous. you can get good deals for $30.

0_o That's still nuts. I mean, living in a forum for domains? I don't think I could do that, unless I have nothing to do in my life. It'll be much easier if the people were friendly, and the forum, very much alive.I'd chose free hosting anytime!

Notice from snlildude87:
Post edited for user's request
Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

It seems its a tie now... Well, some ppl choose hosting over $50 like dedicated hosting because their site requires the server to load fast which normal sites cannot do it... Some sites have over thousands of unique visitors per day and requires really huge stuff.. Games sites are 1 examples... Domain names dont usually cost more than $10/yr unless you got it together with hosting plans... .com/.net/.org domains now cost only $9+/ year and it's rather cheap now with other named domains like .info/.biz...