xisto Community
RGPHNX

Can The Internet Make You Stupid ? truth information vs. lies dis-information

Can the INTERNET make you stupid ?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont think it makes you stupid... I think some people are stupid to begin with. If you believe everything you read, then you're foolish, and blaming the internet doesn't make it any better.It bugs me that teachers sometimes wont let you use the internet as a cited source on papers... you should be smart enough to double-check things and know when you're using a trusted source. If kids aren't smart enough, teachers should teach them how to be, not ban the source u.u

I think Yes,While using Internet (Instant Messanger) like these softwares take so much time and It useless If you used unproperly.For me ,I'm using internet 24x7 before and then I Failed my exams ,exams ,exams. :)

Hi all,Please VOTE in the poll .. in addition to posting.
Thanks
RGPHNX

Hey.

The opposite rather. Even though there is a lot of crap out there there is so much good information also that you can only prosper. Anytime I have a question I turn on the computer and google it. If you want to absolutely make sure that stuff is true you need to check and see if others have said the same thing. How can the internet make you stupid? I don't get it.

what i beleive is that the internet can make you both stupid or smartit depends on what you do or look atif you do research,then you'll get smartif all you do is play games, then you might become stupid

It can make you 'stupid' and it cannot make you 'stupid'. It depends how you use the internet, if you use the internet for playing games and all that, of course it might make you a bit stupid, but not entirely, if you use the interent for im and all that, it might make you stupid but i might not. It really depends on how you use the internet

Tools can never do anything by themselves. They are simply things to aid people in completing tasks. Much have been said about the use of the internet being the culprit and not the tool itself so I agree with that. I believe in moderation and having too much of many things usually turn out to be bad things in the long run. The internet is great for communication and aquiring all sorts of useful/useless information. I use it for research all the time.Our society is creating an environment that is promoting mindless zombies who check their email, MySpace, Zanga, Friendster, Facebook, YouTube etc. every five seconds for no particular reason. I know because I can easily be one if I don't practice some self control.

Our society is creating an environment that is promoting mindless zombies who check their email, MySpace, Zanga, Friendster, Facebook, YouTube etc. every five seconds for no particular reason. I know because I can easily be one if I don't practice some self control.

I have to agree to some extent, although I do regularly check email, messenger, etc every time I log on for messages and the like before going onto other sites for personal uses (from 2nd jobsearch, forums, gaming sites, hobby sites) and the like. I agree though that the recent increase in Blogs of late has gotten people to get on and tell em about what they may have done (eg I went to Joe Bloggs place and we maked out) and the like. But there are indeed some things on the blogs which could've either been private among a few friends, (eg password protected and/or buddy list only blogs), or better not posted if the ppl involved ended up getting "paid out" or "ripped" by complete strangers that they dont know

Certainly. Our susceptibility to falsehood set forth by mendacious minds will corrupt our reasoning degree. Especially so in forums. The silhouette stature of a forumer will push you to abstract acceptance of what it says. It will leave you in a limbo with crossroads of truth and falsity. Worse, you are led to accepting benign lies and unfounded statements embedded in lengthy and vocabulary-word-infested posts. Which, in Xisto, is delightful to some moderators.

duuuuuuhhhh! :):) Ok im such a sarcastic joker.Sarcasm the lowest form of wit?Wit is the lowest form of sarcasm!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahaAnyway, yeh i been online for years now all the time. never switch off, insomnia driven nutcaseand I used to remember................................................................