xisto Community
electriic ink

Your Favourite Game

Hi!I have been playing Transport Tycoon (the Open-source variant) a lot lately, and have also been playing FlatOut 2.I really like the Grand Theft Auto series of games, and have played Mafia as well (Mafia tries to add realism to the game to some extent; some bits are fun while other bits are not but the use of cheats does make it playable). I have yet to try Saints Row and I can't comment on it unless I've played it.I have a nephew who is almost nine years old and he isn't good at computer games yet, but he loves to play Robot Arena (Robot Arena is easy; Robot Arena 2 adds a bit more complexity that he can't handle just yet).

my favourite game when i was a kid was sonic the hedgehog it was great to try to get all the rings but not to die.but i have not played that game in years so i guess my favourite game has to be bingo.

Aaah Sonic, brings back memories.. I do play it now and then on my brother's laptop. Bingo? Really? I haven't played bingo in years.. Maybe we should find an online version and have a tournament here :P

I have a very sad relationship with Time Management games, I cannot help but play those... I got a few friends of mine addicted to it, if there is a time management game out there, I have to play it. It does not matter if I am baking cakes, serving food or running a spa :XD: pretty sad.. I know.

I love Mahjong, klondike & Freecell since it is fast and "refreshing".. But.. Nothing beats a game of counterstrike or DOTA 2.

I have a nephew who is almost nine years old and he isn't good at computer games yet, but he loves to play Robot Arena (Robot Arena is easy; Robot Arena 2 adds a bit more complexity that he can't handle just yet).

LOL your nephew might not be good at it but at least he has good taste, I love Robot arena... My brother and his troop are crazy at the game.

I was a fan of Half Life 2 too, but I'm not sure if Valve was the developer or the publisher of the game.For folks out there running Linux, they are going to see a lot of new games available for Linux n 2013. Apparently, Valve will be getting Steam to run on Linux, and Blizzard will be introducing games for the Linux platform too.The reason why most developers and publishers did not target Linux was the small user base and the differences between distributions. The differences are not all that much when you think about it - other than the kernel and architecture differences, the differences are rather minimal because you can copy across libraries that are missing, and when you see that a large majority of distributions are based off other distributions, like the way Ubuntu is a Debian derivative and Linux Mint is based off Ubuntu, you can pretty much assume that everything that works on Debian will work on Ubuntu, everything that works on Ubuntu will work on Linux Mint, and everything that works on Linux Mint will work on Debia, with little effort apart from installing a couple of packages and libraries, which can even be bundled along with the game.When there are licensing restrictions, there are some software packages that download the third party components off the Internet so they are not bound to the licensing conditions for distribution of the third party software, so that's something that the developers and publishers can consider too.

My favourite computer games of all time is mario which ive played on the Nintendo 64 and the DSI.Another favourite computer game is wonderboy which years ago i used to play on the Ataria computer which was very addictive at the time i used to play it till the early hours of the morning.The games i play now are facebook games three in particular Treasure madness,Bejeweled Blitz and Song pop.