xisto Community
Styx

Photoshop Cs2 whos got it? --- opinions on pros cons

Hmm, after taking a look at Adobe's website, the new features seem interesting. But since Macromedia and Adobe mered, it wouldnt been nice to see a version of photoshop and dreamweaver combined into one nice application

136632[/snapback]

That would make for a GIGANTIC program, that would suck resources and kill your memory. X.x Two seperate programs for two entirely different things.

well... im running on CS and i like it, my best friend told me that he got his new PS and it totally sucked, so well im not losing anything good, besides.. i don't like CS much, and he also told me that it REALLY slowed his computer

136641[/snapback]

Why don't you like CS?

I have it too, it suddenly came out, no big launch and no news on yahoo or anything.  Adobe is a bit boring though, i like corel painter for now.  But hey, adobe will awlays be essential.  Like a side kick.  I aquired it but hey, im only a a kid.

136644[/snapback]

Hah, Adobe, a side kick. Never heard that one before. I know some people can live without Photoshop, but seriously, it's the king of graphics programs. And it's definitely not a side kick to Corel. Painter is pretty awesome, but have you SEEN Bryce? It's LAME.

Yeah, that was weird about the underground releasing type thing though.

One of my friends said that Photoshop C2 had something called a perspective point or something like that, where if I were to cut the background from an image that had a tilt (like a school behind me in the foreground) it would change the perspective of the school.  I know I sound confusing, but I can't remember what it is called, sorry.

136647[/snapback]

It's called Vanishing Point, and it's really not all it's cracked up to be. Wow, you can make a school taller. I don't really see too much use out of it. X.x

I was talking with my friends, and they also said that it slows down the computer a lot. Probably not worth it to upgrade then for me -_-

136657[/snapback]

Depends on the system. Don't base your entire argument on what someone else's computer can do. I heard it was slow, but I figured I'd check it out. It was still slow on my compy too, but that's probably cause mine is a hunk of junk. :D

i didn't find vanishi

ng point all that useful either.

what would be nice, instead of adobe and macromedia combining the two into one product, would be to have the option to generate code in ASP and PHP in Imageready.

QUOTE(Danieluchis @ Apr 30 2005, 01:32 PM)

well... im running on CS and i like it, my best friend told me that he got his new PS and it totally sucked, so well im not losing anything good, besides.. i don't like CS much, and he also told me that it REALLY slowed his computer

what do you mean? you like CS but you don't?

I have it too, it suddenly came out, no big launch and no news on yahoo or anything. Adobe is a bit boring though, i like corel painter for now. But hey, adobe will awlays be essential. Like a side kick. I aquired it but hey, im only a a kid.

How is Adobe boring? Photoshop is king of the graphics programs. I find it much more versatile than Corel.

Wow, there's a Photoshop CS2 now? I should try it out, even though I never stuck with CS. I'm still using Photoshop 7! -_- I didn't rate CS much, but maybe CS2 is better.

That would make for a GIGANTIC program, that would suck resources and kill your memory. X.x Two seperate programs for two entirely different things.

I agree, it woule make a gigantic program. If maybe Adobe watered down their version of photoshop, and implement it into Dreamweaver, maybe it wont be so huge?

Maybe adobe can release Photoshop CS, and Dreamweaver as seperate programs, but in one package that has a bit of a discount if bought together.

Imagine, how many people use Photoshop and Dreamweaver together? I did for my schools website, and the cost of both programs were phonominal.

I agree, it woule make a gigantic program. If maybe Adobe watered down their version of photoshop, and implement it into Dreamweaver, maybe it wont be so huge?

Maybe adobe can release Photoshop CS, and Dreamweaver as seperate programs, but in one package that has a bit of a discount if bought together.

Imagine, how many people use Photoshop and Dreamweaver together? I did for my schools website, and the cost of both programs were phonominal.

137127[/snapback]

it would be nice if they offered a discount if bought together, but i wouldn't want them to water down the program. there's already photoshop elements that takes care of that. IMO Photoshop would lose its place as a graphics powerhouse if mixed with Dreamweaver. Though perhaps elements and Dreamweaver could work together nicely.

oh u said Adobe photoshop sorry i posting here i know its photoshop topic but my friend told me Adobe Co bu Macromedia co is it true ?i can not find any news about that if that news is true :D adobe has much money -_-

137127[/snapback]

NO. BAD. NO WATERING DOWN PHOTOSHOP. But yeah, that discount sounds nice. Photoshop CS3, Imageready CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 in one nice little package? Sounds good to me.

it would be nice if they offered a discount if bought together, but i wouldn't want them to water down the program. there's already photoshop elements that takes care of that. IMO Photoshop would lose its place as a graphics powerhouse if mixed with Dreamweaver.  Though perhaps elements and Dreamweaver could work together nicely.

137243[/snapback]

Lose it's place? Do you know how many people use Photoshop and Dreamweaver side by side for websites? TONS.

oh u said Adobe photoshop

sorry i posting here i know its photoshop topic but

my friend told me Adobe Co bu Macromedia co

is it true ?

i can not find any news about that

if that news is true :D adobe has much money  -_-

137556[/snapback]

Yes, Adobe bought out Macromedia. Here's a link to the press release.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I just finished trying out the new version of photoshop. It is extremely bad at eating RAM and hard drive space, but of course I have a crappy computer.There is really noting new in this version of Photoshop that I would use. But is terrible at draining resources though.

Lose it's place? Do you know how many people use Photoshop and Dreamweaver side by side for websites? TONS.

yeah that's true. i was more thinking along the lines of what was being said about watering down photoshop to combine it with dreamweaver.

I just finished trying out the new version of photoshop. It is extremely bad at eating RAM and hard drive space, but of course I have a crappy computer.

There is really noting new in this version of Photoshop that I would use. But is terrible at draining resources though.

137897[/snapback]

Same problem here.

yeah that's true. i was more thinking along the lines of what was being said about watering down photoshop to combine it with dreamweaver.

138124[/snapback]

AHHHH, I see.

hmm...

screenshoots of Adobe Photoshop CS 2 look whirly nice...

i have to get it soon:D

not that i need it....just because it is new...:(

138126[/snapback]

Whirly nice?

Johnny said:

QUOTE(Odyssey @ May 1 2005, 08:24 PM)

NO. BAD. NO WATERING DOWN PHOTOSHOP. But yeah, that discount sounds nice. Photoshop CS3, Imageready CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 in one nice little package? Sounds good to me.

QUOTE(Styx @ May 2 2005, 03:35 AM)
it would be nice if they offered a discount if bought together, but i wouldn't want them to water down the program. there's already photoshop elements that takes care of that. IMO Photoshop would lose its place as a graphics powerhouse if mixed with Dreamweaver. Though perhaps elements and Dreamweaver could work together nicely.

QUOTE(alexia @ May 3 2005, 02:12 AM)
oh u said Adobe photoshop
sorry i posting here i know its photoshop topic but
my friend told me Adobe Co bu Macromedia co
is it true ?
i can not find any news about that
if that news is true laugh.gif adobe has much money unsure.gif

Yes, Adobe bought out Macromedia. Here's a link to the press release.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Yes, you're all right with this, but you talk about getting them 3 in one package. How much would it cost? As far as I know, CS2 costs here in Germany up to 200 dollars