xisto Community
Munchie

Stupid Statements Do you know any?

Ok, when I have been at school the last few weeks I have heard people saying these weird sentances but the strange thing is they are quite funny.Here are some of them:"I've seen your type on the radio.""You sound a funny colour.""Dont look at me in that tone of voice."Has anyone heard any more?:lol:~ Munchie ~

sure.. :lol: see:"teacher, how the planes don't hit the stars??".. no comments..Well and another's i dont really remember now.. :)

Sorry to bring this up again but I heard another while watching a tv program."This is the biggest smallest city in the world"I dont quite get that one.:(~ Munchie ~

Here's one you often hear when someone is looking for something:"It's always in the last place you look"...Well ofcourse it is you stupid idiot! I mean who carries on looking after they've found it.I mean really, what kind of world do we live in.It's all free folks

"It's always in the last place you look"

139724[/snapback]

This statement denotes that sometimes you find it in the least expected place. Although I have never thought that statement as your take. Very intersting. You gave me something to think about.

"I've seen your type on the radio."

"This is the biggest smallest city in the world"

These are examples of oxymoron where two ideas are contradicting one another. Few examples are:

"that's a jumbo shrimp"

"it was pretty ugly"

"silent cry"

"deafening silence"

"Dont look at me in that tone of voice."

I wonder if that is what you heard. If you replace 'in' with 'with' it's correct. At least that is the way I've heard it.

This statement denotes that sometimes you find it in the least expected place. Although I have never thought that statement as your take. Very intersting. You gave me something to think about.

"I've seen your type on the radio."

"This is the biggest smallest city in the world"

These are examples of oxymoron where two ideas are contradicting one another. Few examples are:

"that's a jumbo shrimp"

"it was pretty ugly"

"silent cry"

"deafening silence"

"Dont look at me in that tone of voice."

I wonder if that is what you heard. If you replace 'in' with 'with' it's correct. At least that is the way I've heard it.

139727[/snapback]

I will now attempt to attack BUFFALO by using as many "Stupid statments" for being very smart and deconstructing our statments...

Alright smart Alec! We don't need your type comin' up this neck of the woods and spouting all stuff and nonsense about our yapping. Why don't you just swallow some humble pie and apoligise for kicking us when we we down. All we tried to do was have a banter about silly sayings and you have to go and start stiring by using oxyMORON and general premodifications to make you sound all borgeious like Maggie Thatcher well I for two have had enough, go on, Sling your hook.

It's all free folks

Apoligies to BUFFALO - we're all freinds here

Ta

Alright smart Alec! We don't need your type comin' up this neck of the woods and spouting all stuff and nonsense about our yapping. Why don't you just swallow some humble pie and apoligise for kicking us when we we down. All we tried to do was have a banter about silly sayings and you have to go and start stiring by using oxyMORON and general premodifications to make you sound all borgeious like Maggie Thatcher well I for two have had enough, go on, Sling your hook.

HA HA HA :( . I did not mean to stick my head in where it did not belong. I suppose I should call my proctologist and get my head out of my buttocks.

Apoligies to BUFFALO - we're all freinds here

139742[/snapback]

No need for one. After all, this is a forum. I especially enjoyed the colorful insults (although I cannot tell if in fact it was an insult since I am bit light on the lingo). Are you Coventry, CT or Coventry, UK? Judging by your phrases I am assuming that it's UK. No need to reply since it's your personal information.

Cheers. :(

Don't worry I wasn't out to offend BUFFALO (Thumbs up)Just harmless, playful bickering that's all.More statments:-Happy as Larry (Who's Larry)-Catch as bus (Who threw it, that's what I want to know)-Creased up to the nines...Etc.I'd be happy to let you deconstruct them BuffaloHELP if you'd like to.Thankyou all (and to the poorer people - cheers)

Here's one you often hear when someone is looking for something:

"It's always in the last place you look"

...Well ofcourse it is you stupid idiot! I mean who carries on looking after they've found it.

I mean really, what kind of world do we live in.

It's all free folks

139724[/snapback]

I think Puck has been watching Lee Evans :(

The statement "What that got to do with the price of chips" I find stupid :(

I understand it, but why chips? :(

:(

~ Munchie ~

It's as easy as tieing your shoes - what if you can't tie laces?

It fell down like a tonne of bricks - what if the bricks were made of foam - is it ton or tonne?

I can think of more :P

Rofl once I had a fight with someone from my neighbourhood...

He was threatening me with these words:

"Be carefull $%&*@## I know where your house lives" :P

Phrases that mean the same thing. Or so close there is no room for dispute.

Stupid Statements

For example, when people give a reply to something someone says and they agree, they say: "basically", or "for the most part", or "as a rule", or "that's about the gist of it", or "you could say that", or "that's usually the case", or "that's the brunt of it", or "generally", or "that's about right", or "most of the time", or "I would venture to say you got that right", or "most likely", or "probably so", or "that's a given", or "the odds are for that", or "you could put your money on it", or "you pretty much hit the nail on the head", or "that's a safe bet", or "in all likelihood". These things, and MORE, mean the same thing. "OVERALL", that is! "You can count on it"!

-reply by Randy

I can remember when I was in schoool, there were three girls who amused my friends and I to no end."Is the White House really white? I mean, seriously. Someone could have painted it purple or something.""How did they know Africa was like, THERE?""Where's Japan? I know it's like, attatched to Austraila or something. I just can't find it in the stupid atlas."