xisto Community
dark

What Is Your Favorite Drink?

Favorite drink? That's an easy one... RUM!!!If that's not available or if I want to save a little then I'd get the cheapest bottle of vodka I can find. It's strange how a fifth of vodka or rum always seems to disappear in about 2 hrs... I can never figure that out (I can never remember in the morning anyway...)

Take about a dozen fresh huckleberries (wild blueberries) and crush them with a small fork at the bottom of your whiskey glass.Add at least two shots of fine vodka, at least as high quality as Stolychanya -preferably Grey Goose.Add ice and enjoy!Alternatively, if huckleberries are out of season, drop a tablespoon full of frozen berries at the bottom of your glass and pour a small amount of warm vodka over them to help them to thaw. Once they're thawed, crush them with a fork to release their vital juices and add the remainder of vodka.If you have to use blueberries, I think it'd be good, but not nearly as good as the wild huckleberry. A day of picking in a prolific huckleberry patch will yield more berries then you'd be able to consume the rest of the year using them just for this drink. They're very potent!Addendum, as posted on another forum:Prep: Fill a blender with a pound of huckleberries (wild blueberries) and add one cup of filtered water. Blend. Filter out the seeds and skins of the huckleberries in a coffee press or whatever means at your disposal.The drink is two or three shots high quality vodka (Stolichnaya or Grey Goose or similar)1/8 ounce of concentrated huckleberry syrup from aboveIce on top in tumblerThere you have Purple Russian, a fine high-end sipping drink for the true connoisseur.Purple Russian TartMix with lemonade (from frozen organic lemonade mix -no high fructose corn syrup, Cascadian Farm preferred)Prep: pour four ounces of prepared huckleberry syrup into container then add the frozen concentrate and make the lemonade according to instructions. Pour two or three shots of vodka in tumbler and fill the remainder with lemonade and add ice as desired.

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Mmm... I cant say I can make one out.

I like the caipirinha a lot for example, and the mojito as well.

Then again some vodka and redbull, or even some vodka with lemonade, is great as well.

And did I mention gin n tonic... hmmm... I guess I just cant make up my mind.

Btw, for all you cocktail lovers out there, check this website out if you want something cool when you invite friends over: https://www.cocktail.uk.com/ .

Some greeeat ideas in there :P:D

My favourite drinks are1) Water.......everyday gots to have my 8 glasses2) Gatorade .... anytime other than water3) Sprite...... obey your thirst4) Milk.......strong bones and teeth but don't drink too much5) Heineken Beer..... nothing better than this when u wanna drink alot6) Guiness Stout...... gives a nice head7) Red Bull.......... thats for when u wanna fly8) Cranberry Juice... very healthy9) Orange Juice..... healthy too10) Baileys......this is so smoooooth i'll drink this anytime i see the bottle

Milk... And almost exclusively milk. I rarely drink anything but that. I used to drink a lot of pop and stuff growing up, but for some reason, it just doesn't have the same appeal to me now that it once did. I do drink some tea or juice every now and again, but my favourite is most definately good old plain white milk.

Milk... And almost exclusively milk. I rarely drink anything but that. I used to drink a lot of pop and stuff growing up, but for some reason, it just doesn't have the same appeal to me now that it once did. I do drink some tea or juice every now and again, but my favourite is most definately good old plain white milk.

I ended up by the doctor once with a pain just over my waist..... Well it was cause i was drinking too much milk... The doctor told me that my kidney was drawing out all the water from the milk leaving the calcium and u know calcium hardens. so that gave me a small kidney stone.

Who in their right mind could resist posting on this topic? Certainly not the inbiber of all, well, almost all things liquid. But the Enlightened Misanthrope will pass on the milk and carbonated sugar water, thank you. Pasteurized cow pus leads to all manor of physical illness, and aspartame soda brings on an early mental demise. No wonder the "Powers That Be" push these toxic products on the unsuspecting, overworked public, while simeultaneousley demonizing fine, traditional drinks that have fortified man for ages. I find certain combinations of beer and fine spirits enhance my cognitive function, aid in digestion, and tickle my misanthropic funny bone, namely - Sierra Pale Ale and Don Julio 100% Agave Tequila. Wine is always a fine accompaniment to a leisurely lunch of lentil soup and sourdough bread, or a dinner of fire roasted vegetable lasagna and steamed broccoli. I've started shunning American wines as they spray fluoride laced chemicals on the grapes. Trader Joe's sells an awesome French Cabernet for cheaper than most American Cabs. I'm still researching this, but knowing how strict France is with their food production and how strong their stance against fluoride is, I doubt I have much to worry about. When not downing booze, I sip on well water, coffee or tea. Unless freshly squeezed and unpasteurized, I don't bother with juice as after they're done pasteurizing it the inherent nutrition is gone. Why do you think they have to ADD vitamins to this stuff after the fact? It's because they've boiled out all the vitamins and minerals. I only do coffee in the afternoon to avoid that whole headache thing associated with morning coffee drinking. I prefer a rich coffee with a vanilla or cinnamon finish, preferably shade grown and organic. I take mine black. My favorite tea (thus far) is Republic of Tea's Earl Grey. Not too crazy about Oolong unless I'm chowing down on Chinese.