xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darker333

New Pope: A Nazi! News sources poping up WORLD WIDE

Yes, it is true. The new pope of the catholic religion in the Vatican is German and he was a Nazi in the WWII era! Dear god, for the first time in my life, I am afraid for the well being of the people in the future!

Ratzinger was a member of the Hitler Youth. Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger a favorite to become the next pontiff joined the Nazi children's corps in 1941 as a 14-year-old and was later an anti-aircraft gunner.
    At one point, he guarded a factory where slaves from a concentration camp were forced to work. He was later shipped to Hungary, where he reportedly saw Jews persecuted.

Ratzinger, a staunch conservative dubbed "God's Rottweiler," has said he joined the Hitler Youth when membership became compulsory. He and his brother were later drafted but deserted. The cardinal claims he never fired a shot and that resistance would have meant death.

Not so, Germans from his hometown of Traunstein told The Times of London.

"It was possible to resist, and those people set an example for others," recalled Elizabeth Lohner, 84. "The Ratzingers were young and they had made a different choice."

Notice from snlildude87:
All quotes must go in the quotes tag

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

he's a pope! if he has become a pope, you must respect him and that means he deserved it..or he wouldn't be.. nazi don't exist no more..even though im not a christian or catholic.. i still think he deserves the respect, no matter what his background is.

So what if someone who was an ex nazi and was still alive became the pope and no one knew he was a nazi until after he became the pope? Would you respect him then?This is going to cause ALOT of conflict, I can tell.

I don't like the idea of having a nazi as the pope. I'm not religious but I still don't think it's a good idea to have a nazi as a world leader, even if he says that he was forced into it. It just doesn't seem right.

I don't like the idea of having a nazi as the pope. I'm not religious but I still don't think it's a good idea to have a nazi as a world leader, even if he says that he was forced into it. It just doesn't seem right.

131712[/snapback]

Well maybe that was part of the reason he was chosen. The western half of the world has all but forgotten about the pope. We only hear about when he is sick or when he makes an appearance in front of thousands.(usually a 10 second news blurb) We westerners really don't much care about it. But now to hear he is a nazi? Well just the name"Nazi" peaks the attention of most of the world including us westerners. I think he was named pope for that very reason. To shake things up a little and to prove a point to all of us. The point being that if we have problems with him being an ex nazi, that means we do not forgive him. If we cannot forgive him for his past, how can we expect god to forgive us in the end?

I'm not actually religious, but this is my opinion.

He was in the Youth Hitler when we was 14 (i think i read 12). That does not mean he was nazi. The things you believe and see when you are a child depend where and when were you are born. I guess a lot of USA kids agree with the Bush extermination politic in Irak ...

Honestly.. i don't give a crap.. i respected the old pope because he was i dunno 'cool' lol. But i aint no catholic or religous person.. it's just a new pope. who cares if he was a nazi... people change.. he's not going to be a pope for very long either... i think. he's old enough already

If we cannot forgive him for his past, how can we expect god to forgive us in the end?

I'm not actually religious, but this is my opinion.

131715[/snapback]

It feels very good to read such a nice words.

I admire your feelings Zippy77

Ok, the guy was part of the Hitler youth when membership was COMPULSORY, has the world forgotten what this word means? For those of you who don't know:

com?pul?so?ry ( P ) Pronunciation Key (km-pls-r)

adj.

Obligatory; required: a compulsory examination.

Employing or exerting compulsion; coercive.

He was forced into it essentially, sure he could have resisted, gone to jail or worse, but can you honestly blame him? If so then be prepared to judge an entire generation of most of Germany, and a whole slew of other European nations near by as well. Personally I more dislike his conservative views then his involvment in an organization he had no choice but to join, but then again I am not a catholic.

Personally, I think it shouldn't matter what the new pope's background is. It's all in the past. As a successor to the late Pope John Paul II, I believe he'll develop into a great leader worthy of everyone's respect.

He wontbe around for very long anyway. He's something like 78 and john paul II died when he was 84. They should choose a younger pope for once :/ . i dont think he was a nazi but it was compulsary. If your country tells you it's compulsary to become terrorists(not likely) or they would kill you would you do what they say or die?

Lmao the pope a nazi?...I aint christian, but I think its rather funny, but I wont laugh at someone with such much power... I still believe people change, so I believe the pope shouldnt be judged about his past... who knows this might just be a hoax?

Please get your facts right, he's not 78 but 81. He was not a member of the nazi party but a forced member of the hitler youth - he did not volunteer. It's a bit random to say 'he IS' a nazi, he was just living in tat time and such. Personally, i hope he is a good man and that he allows condoms and the usual. I just don't support him because i dont believe he should make part in the politics.

besides the fact that as a youth, membership to that "group" was *compulsory*, there are what we call "the follies of youth", when moral fiber is not yet strong. who did not do foolish things in his/her youth? but the important point is, he abandoned it, and reformed. people also say his experiences under the Nazi regime convinced him that the church had to stand up for truth and freedom. maturity comes with age, and a new understanding of the world emerges. some members here are young, i would think, and they may not yet recognize the follies of their age. time will come, when i hope the young here will eventually mature... as the new pope did when he was younger and turned his back against the fangs of hitler.