xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GM-University

How To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's cute.pif, PIC1234(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1).exe, Choke.exe, and W..

i accidently got rid of the file already

How To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's

How do I get rid of the virus now... I accidnetly already deleted that pic before searching the web on how to get rid of it can you please tell me how to get rid of it?? and I thought it was gone and it was gone for a little while but now it is back can you tell me how to get rid of it??

-reply by Boris

it didnt work 4 me

Hey, my friends complain about a virus they say I hav (that it sends them fake pictures) I tried all of these steps but none of them were in my ctrl,alt delete or wen you go run,msconfig,startup.

Is there any other way 2 find the virus other then wats listed here?

-reply by topha47

msn virus question

Replying to GM-University hi- my msn virus is little bit different. I don't know what is causeing it but one of my friends from the contact list was spreading this random links to me numerous times. I immediately noticed that it was a virus so everytime I receive the link, I just x'ed out from the chat box. I never clicked onto the link but my friends from the contact list are now asking if I was sending out these links. Is it possible for me to get the virus even if I never clicked those links??

I was following your direction but mine does not have one of those things that you told to delete. But I found wierd thig on my messenger sharing folder. It has a folder saying "BRANDS" I just deleted that (also from my recycle bin) but I'm afraid that its gonna pop up again? does that have something to do with virus?

I scanned the virus protection software but it doesnt hay I have a virus. Do I have a virus?

-reply by gloria

great tut - by the way cant we all use antivirus? AVG is great :lol:Yeah great tut i will keep it in mind - my brother uses MSN quite alot and he doesnt bother what people send him (worrying).

MSN virus

My friend sent me this link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Without thinking anything of it I clicked on it and wound up with a virus that is now sending the same message to all the people on my contact list. How do I get rid of this thing?

Thanks

-reply by Candace

New issue

My friend sent me this link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Without thinking anything of it I clicked on it and wound up with a virus that is now sending the same message to all the people on my contact list. How do I get rid of this thing?

Thanks

-reply by Candace

-question by Candace

Thank you, my friends all infected with these kind of virus and linking them to me (glad I'm experienced enough not to click what I didn't trust). I'm going to tell them your great tutorial to remove those pesky virus. Many thanks!

Ah, good tutorial...Luckily I haven't been sent any virii or anything...I use Trillian, :DRegardless, great job on this and it seems very helpful and informative. I've always hated when I need help with a certain virus and can't find anything online or spend hours upon hours searching.

The most easiest way is to do a scan then before trying to remove the virus. Then you find the *.exe prefix matching the virus scan results in Ctrl>Alt>Delete>Processes (tab) and find the corresponding *.exe file and hit terminate. After that head back to your virus scanner and remove the virus/es

Thanks for the heads up, this tutorial is ace. I've had two of these virus's and tried everything, I read this and it fixed it all. So cheers, I'm back active on MSN and loving it.

Brilliant guide - I got a "trojan horse backdoor IRCbot" i checked this on the intenet - and it turned out to be quite a high risk virus, I found that My antivirus could get rid of it - even one of the free ones i tried - Althoough I found that wenever i used the free one, it seemed to re apear, and after getting rid of it the second time, it disapeared. Brilliant guide - Those viruses are SOOO annoying :D:(