xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GM-University

How To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's cute.pif, PIC1234(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1).exe, Choke.exe, and W..

Ok he is a little guide to removing 4 types of the MSN Messenger virus from you PC.

First of all, cute.pif it sends all people on your buddy list this

omg this is funny!*link to download cute.pif from jose.rivera4.home.att.net*

Here is how to remove it...
1. Hit Ctrl,Alt,Delete on the keypad, look for "hotkeysvc." select it and press "End Task" (if it is on there...).
2. Use the Search feature to look for "hotkeysvc.exe". It will be in the %System% directroy, if it is there at all. Delete that file.
3. Go to Start> Run> [type] msconfig
4. Click the tab at the top right hand corner of the program that poped up that says "Startup".
5. Look for "hotkeysvc.exe" or something like that and uncheck the box next to it.

Ok, now to remove the PIC1234(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1).exe...
1. Close MSN (if not already closed)
2. Goto 'Start> Run' [type] "msconfig"
3. Click the tab at the top right hand corner of the window that pop up that says "Startup"
4. Uncheck the box next to "MSN Messenger".
5. Hit Ok, when it asks if you want to restart your computer say "no".
6. Hit Ctr, Alt, Del find "MsgSpread" and click End Task (if the file is there).
7. On the Desktop, open My Documents.
8. Double click "Messenger Service Received Files" if you dont see a folder called that then go to My Computer> C> Program Files> Messenger Service Received Files
9. You should see a file called PIC1234(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1).exe, right click it ONCE and select delete.
10. On the desktop click the "Recycle Bin" and click empty.

Now for Choke.exe...
1. Hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete select Choke.exe press "End Task"
2. Close MSN (if not already closed...)
3. Go to Start> Run> [type] "msconfig"
4. Click the tab at the top right hand corner that says "Startup"
5. Uncheck the box next to "Choke.exe", "ShootPresidentBUSH.exe", or "*The user name here*.exe
6. Use windows search, and look for for "Choke.exe", "ShootPresidentBUSH.exe", or "*The user name here*.exe
7. Right click the file once, and select delete.
8. On the desktop open the "Recyle Bin" and empty the recycle bin.

Now to remove W32.Aplore@mm... (only deactivate actually...)
1. Close MSN (if you haven't already)
2. Go to Start> Run> [type] "msconfig"
3. Click the tab at the top right hand corner that says "Startup"
4. Uncheck the box next to "Explorer"
5. Restart your PC

If you have any questions, reply or PM me... :o

do I have to do that if I have never received any files with those file names? or can I get infected with them just out of nowhere?

if you got any experience with msn that your contacts are complaining about something i suggest that you try those 4 steps,btwgreat tut :o

Instead of right clicking and deleting then emptying the recycle bin, you can skip the middleman and completely delete it with Shift+Delete, if you have something in the recycle bin that you may want to restore someday.

Ok he is a little guide to removing 4 types of the MSN Messenger virus from you PC.
First of all, cute.pif it sends all people on your buddy list this
Here is how to remove it...
1. Hit Ctrl,Alt,Delete on the keypad, look for "hotkeysvc." select it and press "End Task" (if it is on there...).
2. Use the Search feature to look for "hotkeysvc.exe". It will be in the %System% directroy, if it is there at all. Delete that file.
3. Go to Start> Run> [type] msconfig
4. Click the tab at the top right hand corner of the program that poped up that says "Startup".
5. Look for "hotkeysvc.exe" or something like that and uncheck the box next to it.

Ok, now to remove the PIC1234(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1).exe...
1. Close MSN (if not already closed)
2. Goto 'Start> Run' [type] "msconfig"
3. Click the tab at the top right hand corner of the window that pop up that says "Startup"
4. Uncheck the box next to "MSN Messenger".
5. Hit Ok, when it asks if you want to restart your computer say "no".
6. Hit Ctr, Alt, Del find "MsgSpread" and click End Task (if the file is there).
7. On the Desktop, open My Documents.
8. Double click "Messenger Service Received Files" if you dont see a folder called that then go to My Computer> C> Program Files> Messenger Service Received Files
9. You should see a file called PIC1234(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1).exe, right click it ONCE and select delete.
10. On the desktop click the "Recycle Bin" and click empty.

Now for Choke.exe...
1. Hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete select Choke.exe press "End Task"
2. Close MSN (if not already closed...)
3. Go to Start> Run> [type] "msconfig"
4. Click the tab at the top right hand corner that says "Startup"
5. Uncheck the box next to "Choke.exe", "ShootPresidentBUSH.exe", or "*The user name here*.exe
6. Use windows search, and look for for "Choke.exe", "ShootPresidentBUSH.exe", or "*The user name here*.exe
7. Right click the file once, and select delete.
8. On the desktop open the "Recyle Bin" and empty the recycle bin.

Now to remove W32.Aplore@mm... (only deactivate actually...)
1. Close MSN (if you haven't already)
2. Go to Start> Run> [type] "msconfig"
3. Click the tab at the top right hand corner that says "Startup"
4. Uncheck the box next to "Explorer"
5. Restart your PC

If you have any questions, reply or PM me... :XD:

Hi,My friends all got a virus in our computers. It keeps sending a zipped folder and tells you different stuff saying its a picture.asking if they should put it on myspace or saying omg this looks like you....It says loads of things.we tried avast anti virus and microsoft malicious virus remover but they couldn't even detect the virus so we don't even know the name of the virus,could you help please?-Juwee

Trap FeedBackerHi,My friends all got a virus in our computers. It keeps sending a zipped folder and tells you different stuff saying its a picture.asking if they should put it on myspace or saying omg this looks like you....It says loads of things.we tried avast anti virus and microsoft malicious virus remover but they couldn't even detect the virus so we don't even know the name of the virus,could you help please?THAT'S JUST WHAT I GOT!! Please, please I need help removing it! I don't know what to do anymore!!! Thnks-Loraine

my%20MSN%20hit%20by%20virus

How To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's

My MSN is sending messages to other people who are in my contact list, even though I am not sending any message to them. The following message is going to them:

"tell me what you think of this. I Made it in photoshop. Do you think its too green?"

Then ask them download this file "photo-791.Zip"

-hanif

Thanks a lot i shared this with my friends because most of them have that silly should i put this picture on my myspace virus, and it is a pain for me because it lags up my computer so thanks this was really helpful.Kind regards, Jordan.

I think I have the W32.Aplore@mm virus, but I don't see any explorer in StartUp. What do I look for now?-question by kyle