xisto Community
Lunaray

How Much Sugar In A Day Is Considered Normal? Normal level of Suger intake per day

I've heard that chocolate is actually semi-good for you.

Yup, chocolate has a lot of good effects - it stimulates the body to produce endorphins, which in turn stimulate the body to produce powerful antibodies (strengthening your immune system) - it produces higher anti-oxidants, which can actually cut cholestrol. And it contains serotonin, an active anti-depressant (which explains why people tend to eat chocolate when they're depressed or have the blues - it's a good 'pick me up').

The only downside is it has a lot of calories, of course - if you're feeling low on energy, there's nothing like a bar of chocolate to give you a boost - but you have to burn that energy, is all. If you exercise enough, then eating chocolate can definitely be good for you.

Well I'm on this healthy eating thing & just had about 260g of heinz tomato soup for dinner, it only had about 100calories in it. Except I then realized it had 22g of carbohydrates of which 16g were sugar! & now I feel really guilty for eating it, is 16g of sugar bad?-reply by Cozza

It depends where the sugar came from...I'm guessing that canned soup is made with high fructose corn syrup, which is bad, but the stuff is in so much of what we eat that it's certainly not going to kill you. Most processed foods have such things in them, which is why it's best to make food yourself, especially if you're trying to be healthy. True, it can be very difficult and time-consuming, unfortunately. But if you educate yourself about good sources of sugar, good fats, etc., you can easily learn to read labels and choose convenience foods which are healthier and better for you. Many companies specialize in making such items.

Also, from personal experience, I've found that sugar is like an addiction, and it's REALLY hard not to crave it at first if you try to cut it out of your diet, but after a little bit, you stop craving it. And, at least for me, it makes you feel SO much better...I have more energy and am not as tired. Sometimes too, a sugar craving can be satisfied with a big glass of water...when I get thirsty, I find I have a tendency to crave sweets.

diabetes

How Much Sugar In A Day Is Considered Normal?

Hi, I am 14 years old and I used to eat sugar like crazy! But on the other hand, I also am very active. I work out every day and have an 8-pack. I am a swimmer and in that a very good swimmer and I used sugar as an extra energy source. I would win races by taking in bags of candy in between every race. This would make me win, and it would give me energy boosts. I would typically stay on sugar rushes all day and then just pass out at night(fall asleep fast.) I felt good while doing this and I was the best swimmer in the southeast. I am not fat at all and keep my teeth in good shape. I have recently tried to stay off sugars like candy and soda, but it is so hard. Afterall, sugar has been my primary diet for most of my life. Now that I am off of sugar I have way less energy but more raw power. I work harder and longer but I never have the energy I used to have. I used to just say, "I'm not fat so I don't care." Can this still hurt me? can I still get Diabetes?

-reply by jake

ADMIN REPLY

==============================

No. Diabetes is treated best if they are not thought about soo much.

Humans can manage a complicated task such as reproduction then, why is digesting food such a big issue and soo many questions.

Eat healthy. Eat Fresh.

These two words will give you a good idea if you look at any food.

quite unhealthy frind,this is time to discipline your eating habit or you have to feel it while older.Its high time to help your liver.a very litle suger is considerable in daily basis so as to escape diabitis

I usually eat like tons of sweets in a day and drink a lot of soft drinks usually. I know i am just asking for diabetes =P

Yes, my dear Lunaray, you are indeed asking for diabetes by frequently consuming "soft" drinks, much less on a daily basis. Most of the sugars you are consuming in pop and other trash "foods" are actually from "high fructose corn syrup" as opposed to the cane sugar your mum and dad grew up with - and did NOT get diabetes from. Nor did they experience the epidemic rates of cancer and heart disease youth suffer from today, even though they liberally smoked tobacco and drank alcoholic beverages. Studies show that pasteurized milk also causes diabetes. If you must drink cow's milk, get the raw, unadulterated stuff from your natural market. Avoid white flour, MSG, and genetically modified franken-foods infesting your grocery store and favorite fast-food resturant. The combination of these chemicals amounts to toxic overload in the body. Something has to give, and it's often your blood sugar. Stop buying packaged garbage (non-food) and prepare your own meals from organic, whole-food ingredients. And if you can't do that, buy some prepared organic meals from your grocers' freezer. If you want a carbonated, sweet drink, you're much better off drinking a good, non-fluoridated beer or wine that contains natural sugars in a fermented, highly digestible form. Beer, wine, and other fermented beverages are how man has traditionally enjoyed sugars for generation upon healthy generation. If you suffer from a sweet tooth, it may because you're not taking in enough fermented drink.
For the first time in modern history, science predicts a decline of life expectancy in the youngest generation. Youth of today: YOU ARE UNDER CHEMICAL ATTACK! Lose that taste for high fructose corn syrup, before it buries you.

I usually eat like tons of sweets in a day and drink a lot of soft drinks usually. I know i am just asking for diabetes =P

Although it depends on the many factors like your life style your metabolism.I think it shud be between 13 to 17 pounds, but I'm not too sure about that. I think it's batter to ask your doctor.It also dipends on your heredity.

Let's just say if you drink a can of Coke, you have overdone your sugar level for the day. If you eat a burger and a salad at Macca's (Mickey Dee's for you Americans :P) will give you enough sugar for the whole day (and a lot of fat). Basically anything that is sweet and nice tastes has way to much sugar. The actual amount is 6 tablespoons or 28-35 grams, this is the MAXIMUM amount, there is no such thing as an "average:.