xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jacob

Do you use any other hosts?

well in the past i've used glade.net because it's reliable.. really really small webspace though, but meh, it worked if i could just make my webpages simple enough (ie no php or asp or mysql). now i'm lookin to be hosted here, hopefully it'll all workout. :P

has anyone used 000k.net?they'd been leading the freewebhosting reviews right until their cpanel licence ran out and the bastard scarpered. or something along those lines. he may have had several sleepless nights trying to sort it out - but somehow i doubt it.

I was at tripod for years until the ads got out of hand. For the past few months I have been at anyxhost- they had tons of space & features, I loved it. Then a couple of days ago they just disappeared. Too good to be true, I suppose.

i use to tripod, then geocities, and then now I want this service. It seems so cool with all the features. Makes my life so easier. I'm using the other services as storage too. I can't direct link on tripod but its good for music and some other stuff. I hope I get my hosting soon so i can upload my site.

I,ve used all kinds of free hosts, they either end up screwing up your account,going down for extended periods of time or load your page with banners and pop-upsi must say i didnt believe it when i found Xisto, i've done the whole post 25 posts in the forum and we give you a site. all ive ever gotten was the run around with places like that. I am VERY pleased with my Xisto hosting, it's everything i need and alot more. you guys are great and friendly and the admins and mods are very helpful. i will be telling everyone i know about Xisto... thank you so much for providing me with a reliable host and arcade games to play when i cant sleep lol

Don't mean to advertise or anything, but I was browsing free-webhosts, and see a new company: iFobos -- the thing that caught my eye was the space they're giving out! It's pay by posts... any feedback on this?

i just checked their site out and its ok. I've already read some post in the forums. Errr. They are new of course. But I don't know I rather stick to Xisto. Xisto has the Fantastico Deluxe and more options. They don't have that at all. And they're giving too much space for there packages. I'm pretty sure once people signed up by the mass that they'll change the policy and other stuff.

I used very much host with almost site hostings ! But I like Xisto because lot ways I will hold a host on Xisto for study but I don't used for economy because it don't allow not english language and it have TOS not clear , i give some mess warning over TOS !

I have tried hosting on 100webspace and FR&T. Well 100webspace has a relatively good uptime and stuff, but FR&T on the other hand has a very poor uptime although it has cpanel and other features. It's really slow too.Oh yeah, I was going to try get hosted by 000k.net, but then they asked for real address and all the personal infos. I got kind of scared of that. :rolleyes: (I think it said on the website that they will phone people to make sure the phone numbers are real! I dunno if they would make international calls as well...)Anyways, I just heard of Xisto and I can't wait to try it out! :angry:

My website was first hosted by Shyper months ago, at first the server are just having small downtime. then everyone started complaining that their websites are down for days. For me, I was lucky to be on their bobcat server. they have four servers and bobcat has the least Number of down times, around 20 per day. hehehe but the rest have downtime that lasts for days.

Some members were considerate enough and said that it was just a small glitch because Shyper was just starting and these will be fixed soon.

After a month of my membership, they sent email staing that because of some problems they need to do some server cleaning by answering a survey form. So everyone filled up the said form. After a couple of days they required us to answer again the survey form, they said

PLEASE FILL OUT THE SURVEY AGAIN, EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE. DUE TO A TECHNICAL ISSUE, WE DID NOT RECEIVED MANY OF THE SURVEY FORMS. We apologize for this inconvenience.

But most members account was deleted including mine!! S2pid survey form!! maye because I did not give them the highest rate for their service. hehehe

After those complaints, their Supposed to be Support Forum has turned into a Non-support forum, they reasoned out that they are now using ticket System for the support. but it took them days before replying to the queries. s2pid!!

They stopped the application for new accounts before i left, and they aren't granting free accounts until now.

They are offering 100mb space, 10BG bandwidth, pe-configured scripts and add-ons BUT ONLY ONE MYSQL DATABSE. what am i supposed to do with all those pre installed scripts when i have only ONE database??!!

At the first I have a host with mydoramail It is free service from email.Then I got to geocities when I study aboust basic html.After that Oh I got to study ASP this is what i signup with the brinkster.And the last Here Best Host Xisto I try to study about php nuke or mambo or something like this. :)