xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Favorite Sport

hmmm .. my favorite sports ?? i like to do sport quite alot ... so it;s kinda difficult to determine which one i like best ... generally i like swimming, playing basketball, soccer and badminton ... but i tihnk i like basketball the best

My favorite sport to watch is baseball, but my favorite sport to play would have to be minigolf (or just golf, maybe) Watching and playing golf/minigolf is totally different from watching it. It can be remotely interesting playing it.

Whenever there's nothing else on tv and I desperate to watch something exciting. I like to watch Hockey, I like the Ottawa Senators. :) But when Hockey is done for the season I'll then watch Baseball. And my favourite team would be the Toronto Blue Jays because I have an Uncle and Aunt who live in Toronto. And I like to play frisbee on my spare time. :P

Definitely Baseball, hands down <_< I can't believe only one other person said Baseball... :( With baseball, anybody can play regardless of height or weight. With basketball it tends to all be tall people and with football all big guys. With soccer it's all a bunch of skinny cross country people. But with baseball there's a diversity :P I think it's because there's such a diversity of skills and different positions that many kinds of athletes can participate. Chunky guy without much running speed? He can make an excellent catcher or 1st baseman. Big football built guy? Probably a power hitter who'll take 1st Base, 3rd Base, or a corner outfield spot. Speedy guy without much throwing or hitting power? Could make an ideal Centerfielder. Slower guy without throwing power but gutsy and able to take a hit? Could be a great 2nd baseman where he'll have to face runners sliding at him but will have easier throws than a Shortstop. Agile player with a strong arm? Shortstop material. And while baseball recruiters are looking for bigger guys these days, many of the great power hitters of history were actually smaller than today's versions. The following hitters are among baseball's all time home run hitters: Mel Ott (5'9"), Yogi Berra (5'8"), Willie Mays (5'11"), Mickey Mantle (5'11"), Carl Yastrzemski 5'11"), Harmon Killebrew (5'9"), Hank Aaron (6'0"). Point is, you don't need to be huge to excel in baseball. I liken baseball to chess in its wide scope of strategy. You can play baseball all your life and still have plenty to learn. Baseball is awesome :(