xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Do you smoke?

I'm seeing lots of justification for smoking in this thread, which I think is funny. "This one time" stories are great, but they happend this one time for a reason. Because it isn't a likely event. I've heard of people getting impaled through vital organs and living, I better jump onto a spear. I've heard of people surviving car accidents when they were thrown out of a car, let me get my catapult. Someone survived falling off of a tall building? Who wants to go skydiving without parachutes? I mean, that is the kind of justification being used. I mean not to flame anybody, but I don't want people to get the wrong idea. Smoking DOES kill, each cigarette takes away 7 minutes of one's life. And I do agree with the live every moment like it's your last statement, but that doesn't mean I'm going to begin cutting my wrists because I can.

I don't smoke.And I find it pretty annoying if you go to a restaurant or another public place and someone is smoking there. It's ok to smoke and destroy your own health, but not if you destroys the health of others. Passive smoking is as bad or sometimes even worse than smoking! And no, I don't want to go to another restaurant because there they smoke too.
I think smoking should be banned in every public place.

Its illegal to smoke in a public place in B.C. :D:D
no dirty smokers were i eat. :D

u should add "smoke pot" on the poll.
i dont but the majority of the kids at my school smoke pot.
ive been offered pot like 5 times in the last three months.

i don't smoke but i don't see why everyone always hastles smokers. it's really not that big of a deal. if they want to smoke, they should be able to without some jerk making them feel bad about it.

I say all of the following information knowing that smokers understand that smoking is bad for them. I don't care if you smoke but I won't allow people to believe false things when their life is at risk, unless they want to believe it.

earlier IFRC had said that smoking a cigarette only takes away 7 seconds which is false as you will see a little later in this post. I do cite a viable resource which I have included the url of. Why does it matter between seven seconds or minutes. Let's do some math here.

7 seconds times 20(a pack) * 52(weeks in a year)

7 * 20 * 52 = 7280
7280 / 60(seconds in a minute) = 121.333333333etc.
121.333 / 60(minutes in an hour) = 2.02222222

so a smoker who smokes 1 pack a week loses 2 hours a year at seven seconds a cigarette. Now let's see what a real source says:

Smoking is the largest single cause of premature death in the world, and every single smoking-related death is entirely preventable. Every cigarette smoked takes around 7 minutes off your life and results in smokers losing an average of 7˝ years of their lives.

cited from: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

if you'd like you can search google for that fact also if you don't believe that site.

now let's do the math for 7 minutes at 1 pack a week. and we all know most smokers don't only smoke a pack a week.

7 * 20 * 52 = 7280
7280 / 60(minutes in an hour) = 121.333333333etc.
121.333 / 24(hours in a day) = 5.055541666666667

big difference that is five days my friends. And for those not too good at math. If you'd like to see how much time you're losing here is a formula for you.

20 * the number of packs you smoke a week * 7 * 52 / 60 / 24 that should yeild the number of days you lose each year. I thank you all.

i stand corrected... but all the same really ....so i'm losing 22 days a year which would make it 154 days in total so far... That won't stop me smoking and is unlikely to stop many smoker however it may put people of trying them is good.

I'm happy 'cause I do not smoke :D Why should I? I don't need it and I don't want to spend money on something I dislike. (Same with drugs and alcohol)

i don't smoke anything!, the *BLEEP* will kill you, killed my aunt, and is killing my uncle slowly, the docters say he has a few more munths :D