xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Do you smoke?

Why does it appears to be only one vote up there? (my vote!)Is there something wrong with the poll, or no one is voting?Well, I do smoke. I plan to quit some day. In the past I've stopped smoking for several months, and got back to cigarrets just because I felt like it. I am addicted, but I have the strenght to quit. When I do so, the hard time lasts 2 months. Best method for me is just to stop. Reducing cigarrets or nicotine gums don't work with me.Here in Portugal government is just to apply a law that forbiddens smoking in every public place, except the street. I understand it, but for the people that is used to smoke in school / university, in the caffe, restaurant, etc, it is indeed a very sudden change! :shock: Perhaps it will provide me an oportunitie to quit smoking...

oh well since the debate has stated...yes i do smokeyes i would like to stop smoking because it is really pointlessbut no i don't plan on giving up any time in the near future why? because i like my ciggy with my coffee, i like my ciggy with my tea, i like my ciggy with my pint ...i like my ciggynow in saying that i only smoke about 10 a day more on weekends when i'm on the piss.and as for banning smoking... i live in ireland and last year they started a ban on smoking in the workplace restaurant pubs the whole lot (indoors) with restaurant i guess fair enough who likes smoke in your face when your trying to eat BUT in the pub.... FFS if you don't like it stand somewhere else... pubs should provide good venting to take out the smoke and replace it with clean air......in the meantime all us irish will be standing outside the pubs this winter ...can't wait!

"According to the National Center for Tobacco-Free Kids, per-pack prices vary from about $3.20 in Colorado and Kentucky to around $6 in New York and New Jersey. The average is about $4 per pack.Using this number, a pack-a-day smoker burns through about $30 per week, or approximately $1,600 per year. That's a fat house payment or a nice vacation with the family. A 40-year-old who quits smoking and puts the savings into his 401(k) earning 9% a year would have an extra $250,000 by age 70."I got that from msn.com. Personally, I like money. Thus another one of the many reasons to not smoke.

i dont smoke, mainly coz im too young, but i dont have a problem with other people smoking. its thier choice so i say leave them alone really.

...in the meantime all us irish will be standing outside the pubs this winter ...can't wait!

yeah, new zealand just got a law like that too, its really stupid. bars get fined for smokers smoking in them but not the smokers. if you dont like someone smoking next to you go stand somewhere else, just like people building houses next to airports and complaining about the noisy planes :shock:

I do not smoke, because 1)I have asthma and 2)I want to live as long as I can

**EDIT**

I don't even like being around smoke, 2nd hand smoke kills too.