xisto Community
internal

Quit Smoking Cigarettes have you quit smoking???

Woohoo its the first month to me without smoking...its hard...but i really did it...i quitted smoking for real. I have tryed many times but now i did it :lol: Congrats to me

Hey can you help me ???

I tried to quit smoking every time but I landed being smoking more than ever before.

I really need some tips. I smoke about 30-35 sticks a day. Please help. Anything that can help i will do that.

I found cutting down slowly worked better for me than going "cold turkey". I worked out how many on average I smoked a day and I cut it down by 1 each week, after a couple of months I went from about 10-15 a day to only a couple, I found it alot easier to quit when I was only having one in the morning and one at night than I did trying to force myself to stop outright.Chewing gum helps too, I've gone from being addicted to cigarettes, to an almost gum addiction :P

Current Withdrawl SymptomsQuit Smoking Cigarettes

So very well with quitting the smeely habit.  I now on my 4th full day with out smoking and either I'm crazy or this is the worst thing I've ever gone through.

Massive chest cold, coughing up green chunks.  Dizzy spells.  Pounding head.  Runny nose.  Body aches and pains.

If I can get through these next few days, I believe I'll have made it through the worst.

I smoked for about 15 years.  Time flies when you're puffing.

My biggest fear is finishing up my masters degree program without drifting back to smoking.  A lot of writing will do that sometimes, but I've gotta remember to try them electro cigs.

Anyone else got withdrawl symptoms to share?  How long to I have this stupid madness?

-reply by vlade divac