xisto Community
internal

Quit Smoking Cigarettes have you quit smoking???

Congratulation!!! :D I know it's hard for many people who is addicted to that.I'm glad you made it.I don't feel irritated when people smoking and come close to me.But, I worried about their health.Health is everything, one you loose it, your life will become a mess.So, please, just keep doing what you are doing! :D I know you will! I have faith in you! :D

I stopped like 5 months ago,it was easier than I thought,all you need is the will.tell as many people as you can that you stopped smoking and that this is you're final decision forver!so you will be ashamd when you start again ;DGL!

There are a million other "bad" things that one could do other than smoking. If it is for your health, than congrats. But I would not advice you to quit for peer pressure. I have been smoking for a while and probably will continue. In everything, I just hope you remember to do it for yourself, and not because someone has bullyed you into it.

Gratz, i personally know that it is really hard to stop smoking, i was smoking for 6 years then i was forced to quit but since i did my physical fittness, my health in general and everything else about me seems to have improved, so as far am im concerned, quitting smoking is the best thing i ever did, it was reaaly hard but worthwile ;)

Woohoo its the first month to me without smoking...its hard...but i really did it...i quitted smoking for real. I have tryed many times but now i did it ;) Congrats to me

Congratulations to whom quit and my best wishes to quit to whom still smoking. Even though I don't smoke or drink alchol, but I say that drinking alchol have some benefit especially in the countries with severe cool as Russia or Finland. But I don't see benefit in smoking. My big brother is smoking and he stopped a while during and after heart operation. But he return back to it in hiding. I give him example to my kids that realise how difficult to stop even after heart problem. 25 years ago my first strong love, my Russian girlfriend was smoking and that was a reason to breakup after 7 years when she failed many times to stop.

Congratulation !!!!!personally i never smoked a cigarette in my lifebut i know a lot of people that just smoked for fun (or to be accepted in the group)and they never stopt smoking :lol: To bad for them

GRats..i used to smoke..stuff, bad habit! But grats on quitting, trust me its harder then it sounds, and definatly very digrading.

Congratulations, I could never see my self smoking, I dont have the money to start smoking :lol:To be honest I cant see why so many people do smoke, I know its an addiction but really all its is doing for you is slowly killing you but quickly taking money out of your wallet.Last week I was on holiday in Turkey (hence the quad biking avatar of me) and I was talking to a waiter in a restaurant and he was having a smoke, I didnt mind but I thought to ask him how much he pays for a pack of 20 and he told me its something like ?1.50 over there, I was stunned to here that as we pay something like ?5 or something stupid like that in the UK.How do people over here even afford to keep smoking at the rate they do?Chris.

It is very difficult indeed.Many years ago, I managed to give up for a fortnight.But, guess what happened?Everyone around me insisted at the end of that fortnight:"Whatever you do, before you do it, please go to a shop or a pub first, get yourself a packet of cigarettes and light one, because YOU ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO LIVE WITH!!!!!!!".And honestly, I was moody, argued over nothing, bit peoples' heads off as soon as they said something, that was hell really.Then, six years ago, I decided to give it another go using nicotine patches.Ironically, I quit and the same night I am in an ambulance having a heart attack.I then stuck it out for a whole five months, but due to stress and worries and too much work pressure, I started again (And, believe me, that is NOT a cheap excuse).Then, a few years later, I used nicotine lozenges, and managed to quit for another few months.Due to the same reason, too much work etc., I started again.Believe me, it is VERY difficult.i have evn known someone who had been clean for 10 years, and never in all those years lost the urge to smoke for a single day.One day I will definitely try again.