xisto Community
internal

Quit Smoking Cigarettes have you quit smoking???

congratulations, i for one have not ever started and i can't see how it is so hard to stop in the first place... I guess I have always had good willpower, but i don't see how people can't just get up and say I am done.?

The only thing required to quit any type of addiction is determination. If you are determined to do it then you can do it for sure.In cigarettes nicotine causes addiction and there are many products like some chocolates, stickers to stick in arms which supplies nicotine directly to blood. And slowly slowly your addiction is over.You have done a marvelous job, hats off to you.

but i don't see how people can't just get up and say I am done.?

Being a past smoker I can tell ya as simple as that is the addiction is strong :) thats why its called an addiction. It may be easy for some people to quit depending on their addiction level and willpower. When I eventually stoped smoking It took me a preiod of 1 year I think. Every time I was out during that period I would give in to my cravings and have a smoke. The day after I'd feel disgusted by what I did so eventually saying no to smoking just got easier and easier as the more I disliked the taste and feeling afterwards. I had all kinds of addictions growing up smoking, weed, drinking, and playing video games. Lol it seems as of now I've been clean from almost all but I still give into having a drink once in a while. I do want to beable to just say no to alcohol once and for all but its still tough, The attraction of wanting to get drunk is still there and also the taste. This year I think I've drank 3 times still I'm still trying to give up all together as it will be better for my health and pocket.

Smoking cigarettes is really dangerous for health,it may even kill you.It has some negative impacts like skin cancer.As prevention is better then cure,therefore I want to congratulate you for leaving cigaratte,as it may have negative impact on your health or could have even killed you.

So I want to congratulate everyone who has managed to leave cigaratte through this topic and I would request everyone who takes cigarettes to leave it as I have myself seen many lives and their families getting ruined.

And also taking cigarettes not only effects the smoker but also has a negative impact on the people who are near the smoker.And I know its difficult but should every smoker should atleast try leaving smoking for once,like "internal" has tried and also has succeded.

I would like to say in the end that"SAVE YOURSELF AND SAVE OTHERS".

It's good to know that people actually succeed at quiting smoking :). I myself have yet to take the jump....and actually make it to the other side. Ofcourse when you're living with a smoker it makes a bit harder. He's tried to quit as well, but never made it. I came home one day and he had like three patches on his arms and was still smoking like a chimney...lol. I'm surprised he didn't overdose. Someday I'll probably give it another shot and hopefully succeed, but you never know. When you want to quit, you can't; and, when you can quit, you don't want to. It's is a nasty habit, I agree, but that's something I'm willing to deal with for now...unless I find out I have cancr or something. Then again, if I find out I have cancer, whats the point quiting....I'd rather die happy than spend the rest of my days being microwaved by radiation. Well, good luck to those who are reading this and are in the process of quiting and if you're still smoking savor each one....you never know when it will be your last. Love, peace, and chicken grease.

Here's some of the things smoking can do to you - 1) Smoking contributes a number of different types of cancers2) Your heart rate and blood pressure abnormally increase, which can strain your heart and blood vessels3) Smoking contributes to heart attacks, strokes and other related complications.4) Smoking can cause Emphysema, a disease that gradually deteriorates your lung condition. Emphysema also leads to bronchitis.5) As a smoker, you have ten more times chances of dying from lung cancer than non-smokers.6) one in five deaths from heart disease is caused by smoking, and that's three out of four in younger people.So, Quit Smoking while you can. It brings nothing to your body. It rots your system and ultimately kills you.

Here's some of the things smoking can do to you -
1) Smoking contributes a number of different types of cancers

2) Your heart rate and blood pressure abnormally increase, which can strain your heart and blood vessels

3) Smoking contributes to heart attacks, strokes and other related complications.

4) Smoking can cause Emphysema, a disease that gradually deteriorates your lung condition. Emphysema also leads to bronchitis.

5) As a smoker, you have ten more times chances of dying from lung cancer than non-smokers.

6) one in five deaths from heart disease is caused by smoking, and that's three out of four in younger people.

So, Quit Smoking while you can. It brings nothing to your body. It rots your system and ultimately kills you.

thats all nothing i smoke over 30 ciggarets a day i smoke before classes i tell i go wc and i go smoke and i smoke right after and then again before next class

i smoke inside and if i can't i will go out each 15 minutes :)

all this heart attacks and cancer won't scare any addic most people tryes to quit smoking becouse is so expensive but is really hard

thats all nothing i smoke over 30 ciggarets a day i smoke before classes i tell i go wc and i go smoke and i smoke right after and then again before next class
i smoke inside and if i can't i will go out each 15 minutes :)

all this heart attacks and cancer won't scare any addic most people tryes to quit smoking becouse is so expensive but is really hard

30 cigarettes a day!? If that doesn't kill you soon, you're going to get some really nasty health complications. I'm telling you man, just how old are you? If you're past your 30s, chances are also higher. But I agree with your opinion that most addicts wouldn't really care even if they know the full side effects of cigarette smoking. I understand cos i used to smoke 2 packs a day too. I knew I needed help so I went into counseling and now, I'm cigarette-free. Try nicotine patches or gums. they really help too.

ew Chain smoking is so bad for you! i smoke socially >.> same with drinking but i don't smoke alot maybe 1 or twice a month. it really is bad for you! but if its your decision to smoke then its your decision! i'm not really addicted to smoking because i don't smoke alot.

I watched my Grandpa die on a respirator who was a World War II veteran, and that was his excuse to picking up smoking. I see people smoke at parties and everywhere else and I'm always wondering the same thing, why? I honestly would never smoke cigarettes just because of the traumatizing experience I described above, but it really did seem like he had done it to himself. He always excused himself as starting when he was in the marines and he would quit if he could but can't. I guess I have sympathy for those who are addicted to the point where they can't control it, but it's dumb that people start in the first place. I'm guessing most people started casually at parties or with friends, and I think it's inexcusable to become addicted when everyone is so well aware of the danger of smoking.To the guy who said I hope you quit for personal reasons and not because of peer pressure, I think you have a lack of understanding about the people around you. I can't remember if you said you smoked in your post but very obviously if you do there have been people who told you to quit. They pissed you off? Well what was the reason they wanted you to quit? I know for a fact that my mom had begged my grandpa to quit smoking. She didn't do it to annoy him, it wasn't "Peer Pressure", she just didn't want her dad to die the way he did. I still remember him begging my mom for a cigarette a week before he died in the hospital. Nicotine is a terrible, terrible drug. There is no excuse for starting unless you didn't know the consequences which makes you and idiot or you simply don't care about them.I don't mean to seem like anti-smoking radical, but that's probably how I come off. I have a bunch of friends that smoke cigarettes all the time, and I never give them *BLEEP* or anything because I know they know what they are doing. I honestly just really have to wonder why anyone would want to try it.

Edited by Revan (see edit history)

ive also tryed to stop smoking but i couldn! I tryed bandages, medicine everything its just impossible to me...its just everiday the same thing i smoke smoke and smoke true that bob marley is my idle but its still not the excuse im also nothing...ive watched films listend to music and nothing relaxes me more that rolling my ciggaretes and smoking them im a real addict. no mather i still like smokin :o and i will smoke till the end ive given up trying and doing stupid stuff and just enjoy my ciggarets in peace:D here is to all my hippie friend's PEAC AND LOVE TO ALL :D

i smoke at least thrice every month.. but i can't believe that you guys are so addicted.. perhaps you should find any other ways to divert your addiction

personally i never smoked a cigarette in my life

To bad for them

just like me :lol:

congrulations on it man,

luckly i never smoked and never will, i laugh at smokers when they one day will be harder to breathe and stunt they growth and have bad breathe.
Edited by r0b-dog (see edit history)

Goof for you, its hard for many people to quit. For me its never been hard, I've had a couple of cigarettes here and there and I never found it addicting at all. Ive also dipped a couple of times, I got to say for me neither has ever been great to do. On the other hand I love cigars, I don't inhale them obviously but they are just great to have every once in a while on vacation.Congratulation's and don't give up, the second you take a puff you will be sucked back into addiction.

haha.. i should call myself an occasional-smoker.. what i'm worried about is my habit of drinking alcohol often.. it aggravates my smoking habits coz alcohol+beer are a perfect match