xisto Community
iGuest

Game Maker

I shall try out game maker. It looks like a good game maker for my level. Hopefully this is better than rpg maker. I started a game in rpg maker but got a bit confused. oh well i should understand it since i plan on going to full sail when i graduate from high school.

I have Game Maker. I have made a few games with it before, but they weren't that good. It is easy to use once you get the hang of it. Making games from codes seems complicated to me, but still I'd like to learn. When I have more time to play around, I will try to learn C++. But really, it does sound complicated. :(

DragonKing01: In my opinion, I think Game Maker is much better than RPG Maker because of its flexibility. RPG Maker, unfortunately, does not even compare to the flexibility and power of Game Maker. However, RPG Maker is good for those who don't want to learn code and for those who don't have as much time on their hands.

puppyforest: Actually, coding in Game Maker isn't as hard as you might think. It's actually a very "loose" language - what I mean by that is that it's easy to learn and not too picky on how you set up your code. On the other hand, C++ is a "tight" language, which is opposite of a "loose" language. But, it's good to learn C++ nonetheless, despite the time you'll need to pour into learning and mastering it.

It allows you to make a RPG but with limited functions. I spent time with RPG maaker and couldnt make the game i had in mind with it. It was simply too simple. It didnt have enough to put in to the game from my view to keep you interested for the whole game.