xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Does any one also think harry potters dumb?? huh??

Well, i finished the first 2 books in one day when i first started reading at 11 (No, i do not speed read.). The third book i read in one day. The forth book i read in 2 days... Then the fifth book came and i just read it in one shot =X... Actually, i think that harry potter books don't really have much content in them, for a 600 +++ page book.

I tried to read the books but I found them so incredibly childish and boring. I mean it's not really a book for intelligent adults. There's not much thinking involved. The only adults i know that read them are adults that never really read. If you're an actual reader, these books might seem boring. At least that's what i thought. The movies are long and boring too. I mean you can enjoy the first time you watch it but you can NEVER watch it again unless you're getting paid.

I don't know why I never got into HP. It seems it should be something that I like. But I saw the first movie and went heh sorta boring, so never bothered with the books (or the other movies).

Well, I don't like Harry Potter, just not my type of book, same with The Lord of the Rings, I don't like that kind of writting, I'd rather read something that teachs me something, that makes my brains think and work and well harry Potter is not one of those books, it's just like watching reallity t.v. I watch it, to pass the time (when there isn't anything else to watch, and well I don't have cable so...) but yeah what I've learned from those t.v shows is NOTHING same with Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings.....

I agree with Brandice. Roald Dahl is a wonderful, whimsical author. My favorite book when I was growing up was The BFG, and Matilda, mostly because Matilda's just like me :-pRight, back to HP. I fell asleep during all three movies. I dislike movies that cut out major plot points, and where action is dominant over plot. When Harry Potter was a fad at my intermediate, I was very bored, that is...until I started reading the books. I was enchanted. Here was a boy who unlocked a magical world and had a mysterious past. Those were the days I wished I was at Hogwarts. I think they're wonderful books that both adults and children can either 2) relate to, or 2) enjoy for their entertaining qualities. Some parts have you crying, some parts have you seething with anger, and sometimes, you're laughing along side the characters. While it is true that it is a fantasy world, do not hesitate to believe that your own world can be magical. And that it's all about.

Oh, right, my second rant. Don't judge a book by its movie. You'd be surprised. That's why I always read the book before watching the movie. It's much better that way!

The only reason why I keep reading Harry Potter is because its addictive. I thought it was boring but I love fantasy though. JK Rowling's books are popular only because they are aimed at all ages from adults to 8 year olds. Personally, I think the idea is unoriginal.

Yeah, you can't judge a book by it's movie. Look at Timeline for a perfect example. Also, the movies really aren't that great. The first two are horrible, and the third is an okay movie, but not great. And I don't JKR is a great author. Sure, the books are great, but the fifth made me really question her abilities to write. I am a huge HP fan, but the fifth one was BORING. The writing itself is still the same, but there was no plot. Then I started thinking about it, and the other books don't really have a plot, either. It's just stuff happening that happens to be really entertaining.Then they just HAD to make movies. I think that they should have waited and have Peter Jackson do them lol (after he does King Kong and The Hobbit of course).

I think harry potters ok wen ur about 8-10 years old but past that come on, grow up. lol no offense to any admin mebers who like harry potter. Do u hate itas well or do u disagee?? You be the judge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think 2 that Harry Poterr is 4 kids from 6 - 10 ;)

Personaly i like more Tolkin's World,its more realistic 2 me and Potter is remind me on cheap copy of it!!! ;)

Although it does seem like a children's book, it doesn't matter to me, because I once was a child. I believe that Harry Potter is a cool book and I'd like to read the new books and watch the coming movies. Another thing about people I hate sometimes (not talking about anyone in particular, just people) is that they really like something and then a little later, they just start hating and thinking it's stupid and childish. If you were ever a true fan of something, you wouldn't turn your back on it and hate it. An example I use all the time is Pokemon. I liked it back then, I'll like it until it's dead. You have no idea how many people who hate it now liked it about 3 or 4 years ago... (same goes for HP) (this is just my opinion)

sad to see so many harry haters... dude, at my high school harry potter is huge- but of course, so is teenage mutant ninja turtles, recess, etc etc. ;) I'm serious man- I guess we're just that cool. But actually, J.K Rowling did not write Harry Potter for children- she wrote it for adults, it just got simply marketed to kids, and hence harry became a kid. I'm not saying you have to like harry potter- or saying any of this to be annoying- I just thought i'd put in my own thoughts... I'm 17, and yet still refer to myself (as others do to themselves) as a kid- I mean, I'm a theatre kid. So I don't know how I am an not really any of you harry haters, but- I love acting like a kid- and yet for the longest time sophmore year a lot of people thought I was the most serious acting person they'd ever met... this is just my opinion, but I do find a lot of books boring, but... you can't simply say a book is boring and have that what the book truly is- because it's just maybe not your thing- don't diss philosophy just because it isn't your marzipan is kind of what I say- and it applies to books to. some people think the Lord of the Rings books are the most boring things ever- actually a lot of people do- and yet not only is it one of the great classics of literature, but there's the this world-sized impact of the movies... it's all a matter of perspective. I for one, am proudly obsessed. He's harry potter! I mean, he got stuck under the cupboard beneath the stairs! Who can't relate??...it's -all- a matter of perspective- while none of you might like harry potter, I simply think you're all silly muggles. ;)

i use to think harry potter was dumb. thought everyt person who reads it was wasting their time reading that big *bottom* book for no reason. then my mom's boss gave me the harry potter books, and i read them and got more into them. did u read it? maybe after u read it u wouldnt think its dumb

I never planned on reading the Harry Potter books when they came out because they were too hyped up. I saw the first movie on dvd and it was good. Still didn't want to read the books... then I took my little sister to see the second movie at the theater and this lady behind me was explaining what was about to happen to her friend! So I planned on reading the books before the third movie came out just so that wouldn't happen to me again.