xisto Community
ZacN

Guests!

So since my account has been hacked...I'm going to use this guest account as a resort to get the admin's attention..I want my account back :'(

hi thereim looking for a free web host with php support where i can place a forum for my freeware application.is your web hosting free and supports php?thanks in advanceamos

no ads no banners no popups no nothing?one last question then:it is written 500-20000 mb bandwidth500 is free for more i need to pay?or is there another method for the above?thanks againamos

-- No ads, no popups, none of that.

-- You can have the package which gives you 500mb b/w for 10 credits or the 5,000mb b/w one for 30 credits.

1,000mb b/w can serve you about 1,010,000 page views so...

5,000mb b/w can serve you over 5 million visitors a month!

Based on stats for Xisto.com on 1/8/04

Xisto does not offer more than 5gb b/w per month. For more than 5gb bandwidth you should consider going into paid hosting

what are these credits?i need it only for a forum for my freeware app, (phpbb) so i dont think i will need too much of a b/whow much page views is 500mb, 500,000 views?

Yes, 500,000 page views will need about 500mb b/w.

Well in the words of one of our admins...

HOSTING CREDITS : Hosting credits is a unique pointing system at Xisto which helps our system to keep your account active. The amount of hosting credits you have determines the No. of days you can remain INactive at our forums.

HOSTING CREDITS = NO OF INACTIVE DAYS you can enjoy

You Get HOSTING CREDITS when you make a POST. ( the thing you are reading right now is also a post, posted by ME, OpaQue :-) ) If you are familier with forums, you must be knowing what is a post. Else if you are completely new to this forum system, You will have to read this to get familier with it.

HOSTING CREDITS DEPENDS UPON :-

[+] Size of Post

[+] Post Title and Description ( Try to give title and description )

[+] Presentation

[+] The Topic or category where you are posting.*

* Some Forum Categories marked as NO POST COUNT wont give you hosting credits. They are only for your entertainment.

When you are hosted credits go down 0.01 per 15 mins (which adds up to 1 total per day).

When you are not hosted, credits do not go down.

Also:

At -30 credits your account is terminated and all files are permanently REMOVED. There is no way to recover your files!!!

At 0 credits your account is suspended

At 4 credits your account is unsuspended

10 is the recommended quantity of credits to have

A script automatically performs a check of this every hour. Your account will NOT be immediately unsusepneded or suspended once the required credits are acheived

4. Can I request more Bandwidth/Storage Space after I have my Hosting?Yes, but you must have a reasonable amount of Hosting Credits to request more space.
Example: 250 Megabytes for 100 Hostring Credits.

is this for real? i was thinking of adding more bandwidth to my account. can i really do this?

Hey everyone, this is Rejected.. I\'ve been absent from the forum for a long time, I\'ve had some internet problems and then more problems, and then I\'ve forgotten my password; I\'m on a public computer so I can\'t exactly look it up either. I\'ve been very busy with schoolwork and my job.. so pardon my absence please. I\'ll hopefully be back on the forums within a week and a half. Well, just telling you guys I was still alive, see you soon.

Wow... Could you guys explain how you get credits? Do you guys get 1 credit with 1 post? I have to get some stuff ready before attempting to register here first, but if my other host hasn't replied yet, I'd be happy to register here!

You get credits by posting, the amount of credits per post is determined by the legnth and the quality of the post. See the Xisto Readme pages for more info

along busy roadways and feeawrysFirst and foremost, a Babyliss curling iron will most likely have the newest ceramic technology incorporated into it as all Babyliss products do Martial arts books also help you in learning the history of sport, various skills and the importance behind the art Walk around Hoan Kiem Lake , ride a cyclo to dinner, and watch a performance at the famed Thang Long Water Puppet Theater It then progressed into needed help getting up the stairs and getting out of bed and, within four years I couldn't get to sleep without narcotics and a sleeping

I'm a Ruby on Rails developer who will be lavieng Site5 as soon as possible. People can be emotional when discussing poor web hosts, but I'll stick to the facts.Uneducated choices in software:Ruby version 1.8.5Rails version 1.2.5These are both UNSTABLE releases. Production releases are even-numbered for these packages. The production versions are ruby 1.8.6, and rails 1.2.6.Outdated software:The current rails version is 2.10. Rails 2.x has been available since November of last year, and can easily be installed alongside older versions of rails.Poor Support:There is no phone support for tech, only for sales. Their ticket system's response time is awful. I have an active ticket right now, my sites are DOWN. Here are my wait times after supplying the info they request:Initial Ticket: 6 paragraphs explaining a problem with 8 apps across 4 accounts.Entire Response (10 hours later): Please provide us with some examples of site not working and we'll look into the issue. My Reply: provided 8 failing applications on the server, and suggested that their outdated and unstable releases of ruby and rails might be a cause.Entire Response (4 hours later): Rails 1.2.5 is installed on this server. If you want another version you will need install this yourself into your own account. My Reply: I explained that their answer does not help, and with 8 applications (unchanged for months) failing across 4 different accounts, it is clearly a server issue.Their Response (5 hours and counting): none yet.I'd be happy to provide a verbatim transcript of this trouble ticket upon request.If the last 24 hours were my only downtime for the year, this would be about 99.7% uptime (not good). Of course, my sites could have been down for as long as 3 weeks, which is the last time I saw them working. I just noticed they were down yesterday. Also, I've had 3-4 days of downtime this year, and server requests for rails apps often fail randomly.Make your own judgements. I'm strictly offering you the facts on my experience with Site5.